Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Recruiting Class- Omaha Skutt
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Recruiting Class- Omaha Skutt Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Just checking up on how its doing, im kinda behind this year someone give me a quick little update please.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Recruits, Transfers, 9 straight titles
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
How about a full ride , job for Mom and Dad needs a good place to hunt .

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Heres your update! I just had our IT guy hack into Brad's computer and you cannot believe what we found, I am working from memory here because it would have taken to long to down load all the files and we feared we maybe caught.
He has a spread sheet with multiple headings and if my memory serves me right it goes something like this.

1. Athletes name
2. Parents name
3. Mothers maiden name
4. Grand parents name
5. Grand Mother's Maiden names
6. # of Huskerland titles
7. # of National youth titles
8. # of Titles of Grand father's, Father, Grand Mother's family, Mother's family, (including cousins & uncles)
9. Parents occupation
10. Parents Federal Tax ID #
11. Parents Hobbies
12. Own or rent your home?
13. Driving record
14. Do they own their own car?
15. Are they afraid to drive in Omaha?
16. Are they a LEGAL US citizen?
17. Does being paid in US currency (cash) bother them?
18. Grade point average
19. Willing to relocate
20. Are they in the witness protection program.

As you can tell Brad has quite the backround check he goes thru before he offers a kid and his family a full ride! And you should see how far back he can look at your familes records of both finacial and athletic career. I have no idea how he does all this and still works for a living.

If you cannot tell by now!
YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE!
doh!

hawk

Novice
Picture of Red Dawg
If Skutt gets moved to class A, will this stuff stop?

Although I'll have to admit you guys are funny!

no because if they win A, and i think they can, it will just get worse. man u guys are gonna have to get creative if that happens! they will want skutt to somehow be sent to the CA, OK, or IA state tourney, lol. this will be a great year!

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
State Qualifier
Could Skutt win Class A? Sure. Will they win 9 years in a row. Never. I know there are lots of people at Skutt that would like that challenge. Class A would be better with Skutt in all sports not just wrestling.
Junior High
Witness relocation... The sight of a bunch of 46 year-old New Jersey Italian freshmen coming to school in Cadillacs and wearing tee-shirts that say "We are Skutt Catholic and we couldn't be prouder" would be worth overlooking the eligibility issues.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
But do you think those New Jersey boys could make wieght? All that pasta! HMM makes me hungry. Wink

hawk

Junior Varsity
I don't believe you Skutt doesn't care about GPA's.
Junior High
Picture of pick125
Hey timeouts....sweet life buddy, I guess I would take you seriously but I can't....look at all your posts, 9 out of 10 of them are about how great Skutt is. Try expanding your horizons, take up a hobby, just do something other than talking about Skutt in 90% of your posts!

p.s. I don't have anything out for Skutt.

The result is not how a man should be measured, the means at which he gets there is what matters.
Junior High
As fond as everyone is about posting stuff about O. Skutt, it would be in everyone's best interest to watch what is said... I couldn't care less one way or the other. I'm a firm advocate for public education. MY issue here is when the public high school has upwards of 1000+ students, where kids can get lost in the cracks rather quickly, especially those with learning disabilities.

Skutt has already filed a libel suit against some Wikipedia posters... Anonymous... Not hardly when they can get date/time stamps of the messages, IP addresses, and ultimately the users themselves.

From the Wikipedia site: In July 2006, the school filed a lawsuit against "John and Jane Doe", one or more anonymous Wikipedia users accused of posting libelous information in the article about this school. The lawsuit allows the school to subpoena account information for the alleged offender's IP address from their ISP.

From the AP: Skutt lawsuit

I enjoy the conversations on this site, but we (collectively) need to watch what we're saying about others, if not to protect ourselves, collectively, but to protect the integrity of this site as well.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by anarchist:
As fond as everyone is about posting stuff about O. Skutt, it would be in everyone's best interest to watch what is said... I couldn't care less one way or the other. I'm a firm advocate for public education. MY issue here is when the public high school has upwards of 1000+ students, where kids can get lost in the cracks rather quickly, especially those with learning disabilities.

Skutt has already filed a libel suit against some Wikipedia posters... Anonymous... Not hardly when they can get date/time stamps of the messages, IP addresses, and ultimately the users themselves.

From the Wikipedia site: In July 2006, the school filed a lawsuit against "John and Jane Doe", one or more anonymous Wikipedia users accused of posting libelous information in the article about this school. The lawsuit allows the school to subpoena account information for the alleged offender's IP address from their ISP.

From the AP: Skutt lawsuit

I enjoy the conversations on this site, but we (collectively) need to watch what we're saying about others, if not to protect ourselves, collectively, but to protect the integrity of this site as well.

Now come on, I hate to burst your bubble, but Skutt is not going to care about people talking about them 'recruiting' and such about wrestling. The things said on wikipedia were awful plain and simple. I believe it was something along the line of their principal and president being abusive to children sexually, saying things about bad education and high price(not that bad) that the school condones alchohol/substance abuse, and that 95% of the student body uses them. And on and on with some pretty bad stuff
State Qualifier
quote:
I'm a firm advocate for public education.

I am curious, would you send your kids to Omaha South, Northwest, or Omaha North instead of Skutt or Prep. This is not a post bashing public schools though I would not send my kids to South, North, or Northwest.
Junior High
When I moved here, I was quite methodical in choosing the public school for my kids, as well as where I live, especially since I have a child with a learning disability. That in and of itself would more than likely have disqualified my kid from a parochial school.

That said, I automatically wrote off public schools with over about 800 - 1000 kids, regardless of their reputation. We also made the rounds to the communities and schools we felt comfortable looking in and made our choice.

Most of us have the luxury of choice, I exercised mine, and I have no regrets.

quote:
Skutt is not going to care about people talking about them 'recruiting' and such about wrestling.

Hate to pee in your Wheaties, but apparently they DO care about what is being said. Even statements about recruiting can present a negative connotation about the school. Anything can be spun into something that is completely out of context, or into something that anyone or everyone will believe.

Funny thing is that there are three sides to every story... Side A, Side B, and somewhere in the middle lies the truth. Discretion being the better part of valor, I still stand beside what I said... CYA and help protect the integrity of this site.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: anarchist,
Rookie
goz4pin just cause skutt beats on what ever crappy team you like you dont't have to say they recruit. i know ur tired of getting it handed to you year after year but cmon now. every time you complain like a 10 yar old girl it makes them winning all the sweeter.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
Some one needs a time out , nap , or maybe a sence of humor Funny

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Novice
Picture of cubbie
if you want to be the best then wrestle for the best. go skyhawks

if you wanna be the best you have to beat the best. i could wrestle john smith everyday, but i will still get techfalled or pinned everytime. the only thing that will change for me is to have him get a penalty pt. me default the match and win by the penalty lol.

im just messin with ya cub.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
Rookie
Could we get back tothe original question? What freshman did enroll at Skutt this fall? Any notable transfers?