Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    how many teams will be in class a next year
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
how many teams will be in class a next year Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
ive heard people say that next year class a wrestling will move up from 32 teams to 40 teams but ive also heard people say that this wont happen. im not sure wut the deal is but is the nsaa going to take a vote on whether they increase the number of teams in class a to 40 or is there just talk of having a vote like that or wuts the deal?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It's going before the board of control next month I believe. There are other threads on here regarding debate on the topic that are, shall we say, pretty lively. Check them out...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
wut are the chances that the board of control will vote to have 40 teams in class a? i think it'd be really cool if class a moved up to 40 teams so i hope it happens...
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Mikey, any idea when that meeting is, officially?

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Can anyone offer a valid update on this? I'm thinking the vote was to be on April 7?? Maybe I missed it entirely?

Novice
I have heard the vote was 3 to 3 and it did not pass. I have not seen anything written up but think that is what happened.
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
No vote was taken. They basically tabled it so they could look into it farther, including the expansion of other sports. I think they are trying to get a study together. Also, from my understanding, maybe talk of looking at getting rid of 2 of the 6 classes for all sports?
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
New this was where we were headed . I thought they would hold it to three class but two sounds great to me then we can move state back to Lincoln , our state capitol .

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

World Champion
Picture of NWI
Go4zpin...you may have misred that. The reduction of classes, as I understand it, would apply to the six-class sports (football, volleyball, basketball).

Rookie
It is my understanding that the pre-vote was 4-2 and it would have been voted down. However before the final vote was taken a motion was made from the floor to table the item and combine it with two other issues. The item never did come to a final vote.

2. CLASS STATUS. In delaying proposals to expand Class A membership in football and wrestling, the board put into motion a study that could lead to a restructuring of the classification system. NSAA executive director Jim Tenopir went so far as to suggest the time may be nearing when six classes in some sports may be too many.

3. EIGHT IS ENOUGH. In adding medals and points for seventh- and eighth-place finishers at the state track meet, the board unwittingly invited similar requests from wrestling and swimming coaches down the road.
State Qualifier
The State Wrestling Tourney is not going back to Lincoln, ever.
Rookie
now that they've combined it with two other issues, are they still going to vote on it before the next wrestling season starts? is there still a chance that class a could move up to 40 teams?
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
That would be too bad the Quest was not good and still was not state at the state capitol .

James Berger

Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by GO4ZPIN:
That would be too bad the Quest was not good and still was not state at the state capitol .

Well Randy, I hope you're lobbying the NSAA to move the Girls State Golf Tournament, Girls State Softball Tournament, Boys and Girls State Cross Country meet, Boys Baseball Tournament, Boys Golf Tournament, Girls Tennis Tournament, Both boys and Girls Soccer and Track Tournaments to Lincoln also because none of them are always in the State "Capitol" either.

And by the way I hope you meant "Capital" as in the city of Lincoln not "Capitol" as in
If you thought quarters were tight in Devaney, they would be really bad there. And I doubt they could get 8 mats on the floor and seat anywhere near 15,000.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WWICM,
Rookie
Picture of PHS   COWBOY
it was not the same at the quest center

the pierce boy
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
Our kids froze in that place .

James Berger

World Champion
Picture of NWI
And, to be honest, that was the ONLY thing working against the Qwest Center -- a very fixable situation that I'm sure will be addressed next year.

After this year's tournament -- anybody who STILL thinks Devaney was a better venue for the KIDS who compete in the state tournament is living a fool's paradise.

Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by PHS COWBOY:
it was not the same at the quest center

Youre right. It was better.
Rookie
I was there as a fan and not a participant. I thought it was the best. I had no problems at all with it. im glad that it was moved.
Rookie
the qwest center was nice, but it didn't have the feel of the devaney center. i was there for the first two sessions and the finals and it just didn't have the STATE tournament atmosphere