Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    all-star dual and Guy Mytty award winners
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
all-star dual and Guy Mytty award winners Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Does anyone know what the rosters are for the all-star dual. Also I have Shawn Nagel nominated for the Guy Mytty award but have not heard anything about it or has he. He did get a call back for the all-star dual but nothing on this award yet.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
c-mac please send me an e-mail and I will try and answer your questions. cmauler@esu10.org
Rookie
Bulldog I dropped you an e-mail. Thanks
Rookie
ravaughn perkins need to win it hand down the best wrestler in state and the nation.
Rookie
agreed...ravaughn perkins is one the best in the country.
Rookie
Are the teams/coaches/officials selected for this yet???? Can someone please post them , if they are. Thanks.
Rookie
I totally agree that Ravaughn is one of the best in the state and country. I hope that he wins the award for class A. He deserves it.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
I think they base the award on more than wrestling ability.
Rookie
Yeah is there any information at all about the all-star duals? Any information would be much apperciated!
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by madisonfan112:
Yeah is there any information at all about the all-star duals? Any information would be much apperciated!

Another great mystery there madisonfan, it seems this great association that does so much for Nebraska wrestlers can't even get out the information of thier signature event on the one place people would go to in Nebraska to find wrestling info. You sure as heck can't go to their website to find any info. But don't forget all the great things this organization does for wrestling.

Yeah right.

Oh, and Craigy, save the big changes coming nonsense until we see it in action. Looking at the second post of this string you don't even want to announce the rosters or who has won the awards in public!
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
quote:
Originally posted by JOH:
quote:
Originally posted by madisonfan112:

Another great mystery there madisonfan, it seems this great association that does so much for Nebraska wrestlers can't even get out the information of thier signature event on the one place people would go to in Nebraska to find wrestling info. You sure as heck can't go to their website to find any info. But don't forget all the great things this organization does for wrestling.

Yeah right.

Oh, and Craigy, save the big changes coming nonsense until we see it in action. Looking at the second post of this string you don't even want to announce the rosters or who has won the awards in public!

JOH my name is Craig not Craigy so grow up. Norm will posting everything that is going on with the NSWCA shortly. I am not the president now so it is his job. I would post who the rosters are but I don't have it. As far as our website we are currently taking applications to run our site as we are getting rid of the guy who did it before. Are you volunteering JOH or are you all blow!
Rookie
Ray Maxwell just recieved the rosters late last week. He kindly left me a copy as I now teach at West Point - Beemer High School and am helping with some of the meal arrangements. These are the names he has, although soemtimes things change due to late injuries and overbooked schedules.
East Team is first two names, West last two names at each weight
Jeff Green - West Point- Beemer
Caleb Franklin - Oakland Craig
Chase Johnson - Columbus
Justin Taubenhiem -Amherst

Karl Bonner - Battle Creek
Chauncey Ziemann Norris
Jake Miller - Millard South
Shawn Nagel - Kimball

Ryan Pohlman - Raymond Central
Josh Eisenmann - Madison
Adam Joseph - Adams Central
Ryan Roach - Sidney

Seth Stender - Bennington
Matt Rice - G.I.
Taylor Phipps -Crete
Alex Stepanek - St. Paul

Dalton Fletcher Scribner-Snyder
Alex Harrington West Point Beemer
Ravaughn Perkins - Om. North
Blake Augustyn - Ord

Derek Coufal - Howells
Tyler Going North Bend
Jacob Kloppel - Columbus
Aaron Davis - Franklin

Casey Paprocki - Om. Westside
Thomas Moman Norfolk
Wil Brown - Chadron
Austin Williams - Om. Burke

Alan Taylor G.I.
Jeremy Dettmer - Syracuse
Lucas Kastl - David City
Tanner Sturgeon - Cozad

Preston Kellum - Syracuse
Matt Lenagh - Millard North
Jordan Debus - Mitchell
Beau Muehling - Lincoln SW

Nate Westerby - G.I.
Keith Stille - Ashland Greenwood
Catlin Rice - Cambridge
Joshua Powell- Kenesaw/Shelton

Brady Wills - Painview
Zeke Ryerson - Plattsmouth
Aaron Roberson - Wood River
Derek Helms - Arapahoe

The event is scheduled for June 12th at West Point - Beemer High School. I think the start time is 1:00 pm. I know that the weigh in is friday night here in West Point and after weigh in we will be grilling the teams and coaches steaks. (we are in Cuming Couny you know) Ray is also planning some other activites for the teams that night.

JOH hope this helps calm you for a bit. Craig and everyone else associated with the NSWCA is not pleased with how things have been going, and I'm sure their frustration level excedes yours. No one likes to be associated with an organization that does not get its objectives done. Obviously things need to be changed, and any constructive ideas I'm sure would be welcomed.

As far as the Guy Mytty Awards, there is one for each class, and it must be a senior. Usually these are preented at the Hall of Fame Banquet in July.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Craig - Have a question for you about the website. Please shoot me an e-mail to mikeycpro@gmail.com at your earliest convenience.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
I was hoping to see a Sturgeon vs Debus match-up. Maybe next year at the college level.
Rookie
Picture of Loosvelt
What about the 149 weight class?

Go Dragons!
Rookie
Picture of Loosvelt
So is there any news on who is wrestling 149 at the All-Star Dual?

Go Dragons!
Novice
I know who the West has at 149. Troy Nawrocki, from Bellevue East, and Kohlton Price, from Sidney. Don't know who the East has though!
Rookie
149 East TEAM is Zielinski from Westside and Oliver from Auburn.
Rookie
Picture of Loosvelt
So can anyone tell me how Zielinski was picked over Kurt Ruh of Madison? I have e-mailed both head coaches of the East All-Star team and asked the same question and I still can't figure it out. I asked them shortly after the teams were selected, and they had a chance to right this wrong and chose not to.

I am sure Clark Zielinski is a great kid and one heck of a wrestler but you can NOT convince me that one state 3rd place medal is better than three medals, two times walking in the parade of champions and once being on top of the podium at the Qwest.

The All-Star dual is NOT about selecting your wrestlers. It is about selecting the best wrestler.

I will be submitting my proposal to the NSWCA board at their fall board meeting to see if we can come up with a way that TRAVESTIES, such as this do not happen to our great sport in this state.

I ask for other coaches, parents, fans to put yourself in our shoes (Kurt Ruh, Parents, Madison Coaches) to see how you would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

I have ZERO ill will toward Clark. I wish you the best of luck in the All-Star dual. But this situation is something i am not going to be quiet about. I feel the need to speak up for my wrestler.

Go Dragons!
Rookie
Coach Loosvelt...I understand that our coaching relationship has not got off on the best foot since the selection of the Senior All-Star for your wrestler not making the team. There are many things that went into the selection process that day and sorry that things did not work out for Kurt Ruh making the team. If you look on both sides, there are a few kids that did not get picked that deserved to be on the teams. From District A-1 alone, there were a few kids that got left off that deserved to be on the team (Galloway from Central, Heiderman from Norfolk to just name a few). Our goal was to have wrestlers from all of the districts and not have one class/district dominate the selections.
The unlucky part is that this happens in all of sports. Please Google search All-Star snubs and read about the pros that have not made all-star teams that have resulted in them losing millions of dollars.
Your use if the word travesties is a pretty big word for a High School All-Star selection. If you are able to come up with such a method to where this never happens again, I am going to sell it to all of the major sport franchises so it doesn't happen at the college and professional level.
My question to you is that why do you keep saying that Zielinski should not have made the team? Why don't you say that about Matt Oliver or any other wrestler on the team that would be around Ruh's weight? Why are you not saying anything about Fletcher or Harrington or Coufal or Going? I am glad you are voicing your opinion but am tired of you pinpointing it on Zielinski!!!