Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Mike Fleshman Service Information

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Mike Fleshman Service Information Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Wake is 7 PM Sunday at St. James church in Kearney. Funeral Monday at 10:30 AM.

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
3801 A Ave, Kearney, NE

Right next to Kearney Catholic HS.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Funeral home information

http://www.osafh.com/obituaries.htm
Rookie
A little more info below.

O'Brien-Straatmann Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

More information can be found by clicking here

Toni
(Mike's sister)

World Champion
Picture of HB
Bump
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
Bump

World Champion
Picture of HB
Novice
I just got back from the church and the funeral is tomorrow morning. I wanted to thank all of the "Huskermaters" and members of the wrestling community that spoke (Ross Halford, Mike Carnes, Frank Ryan, Dennis Miller, Tom McCann, Mark Blaschko). Notice my name being absent. I couldn't muster the emotional strength to share and I respect those that did.

It was truly amazing to hear all the stories about Mike and how they echoed each other. That Mike was a passionate man that gave you 100% and that he was always willing to lend a hand. His selflessness was unparalleled and his generosity was done privately. I was shocked at all the things that Mike was involved in. As a part time coach with kids and a job, I thought I was busy. Somehow Mike managed to be a full time coach, father, husband, dedicated employee, huskermat moderator, Knights of Columbus, Boys Scout leader, hunter, active church member and more. I guess that goes to show you what you can do with your life and time if you chose to make the most of it. No wonder he was always so worried about being timely!

World Champion
Picture of HB
I felt a little disjointed trying to organize all my thoughts regarding Mike and what he has meant to me personally. Truthfully, I could probably talk for hours about his unique laugh, his knowledge of wrestling and the class and integrity with which he's helped me maintain this site over the last 10 years. If there was anything I needed regarding the site, Mike was there to help me out, no questions asked. Just seems unreal that he will never post again on this forum and that I'll never be able to call/text him again. Tomorrow I say goodbye to my friend.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Mike was many things to many people. He has done so much for others in so many different arenas, the impact of his loss is going to be felt for a while. He will be missed among the wrestling community, the Scouts, the Knights of Columbus and in the great outdoors, and he'll be especially missed in the most important area - with his family.

I will say this, though -- I admire the strength his boys have shown through this, as well as Tami and Toni and the rest of the family. They are wonderful people and I know, as much as we in the wrestling community will miss him, they will miss him even more.

One of the guys at the rosary tonight encouraged us, the next time we have a friend who is sick and dying, to take time to see them and talk with them. I wish now that I had taken the opportunity to do so, even before Thursday when we missed seeing him before he moved on to his final destination. I miss his sense of humor and his no-nonsense way of dealing with life, and I look forward to all of us catching up with him on the other side.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Guy's
I wish I had been able to make it last night to be able to share in remembering Mike. I will see you all in a few hours!

hawk

Novice
Picture of Ross, Mike, Ted, Frank at the funeral.

http://www.facebook.com/home.p...9.1652265357&theater
Rookie

I believe this is the first picture of Mike and I working together at Power 99.

Click below to hear the tribute we played on last week's 'Doug and Daddy Show'.

http://prr.audiohauler.com/dou...Fleshman_Tribute.mp3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sportsdudedd,
World Champion
Picture of NWI
What year was that? We were all a lot younger then.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

World Champion
Picture of HB
I thought the service was a perfect tribute to Mike and the life he lived. The packed church had representatives from his, family, church, the wrestling community, Scouts, friends and the Knights of Columbus. It definitely gave me an even greater understanding of what kind of a person Rocker was. He had obviously had a great deal of time to think about his final departing words to all of us, which were presented via a PowerPoint slideshow.

It was especially nice talking to his mother and sister Toni and seeing and chatting with all the great people that Mike had in his life. I truly cherish these moments where I'm able to gather with friends like Mike Carnes, Ted Kastler, Doug Duda, Tom Hardesty and Bill Phipps and able to enjoy their company because each passing day is one less opportunity that we have to be in each others company. Even got to chatting with Dennis Miller to the point where Coach McCann left him and I had to give him a ride back to his store Smile

Will be working on some things to memorialize Mike in the near future.

And that's that. Been a heck of a run Rocker. May you rest in peace buddy. God bless.
State Qualifier
After the service a man commented on how well the wrestling community, the scouting community, and the Knights of Columbus attended the funeral. My answer was that I was proud to be part of the wrestling community and the support shown by my fellow wrestling enthusiasts. But I also told him that the church would have been as full, and the level of love and respect as high, if Mike had never seen a wrestling mat, a scout troop, the Knights of Columbus, or any other of his multitude of interests. If he had chosen bowling, 4H, quilting, etc. as his passions it would have been a different crowd but the results would have been the same. The crowd didn't show up because of his activities. That just happened to be the avenue for us meeting Mike. We showed up, not to honor the activities, but to honor a fine man and a life well lived.

World Champion
Picture of HB
It was good to talk to you again Frank. You're a fine and honorable man. You did get me choked up when you talked about Rocker being like a son to you. I know his respect level for you was mutual.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Well folks I have stayed away from this thread and the other thread about Mike for a couple of reasons. The first of which I just could not believe what I was learning about a man that I had come to respect and love.
Well it is over now and I have had some time to reflect, while it maybe hard to come to grips that Rocker is gone I have come to understand on a much broader scale what made him who he was and why people gravitated to him. I had the honor of meeting his family including Tami, Carter, Ty, Toni and her husband as well as his Mother Lorraine Cox. It became clear to me that his family was 1st in his life and it was his family that helped shape him into the man he was.
The strength, courage, conviction, and purpose they all seem to conduct them selves with is something I have never seen before. It also became clear thru them that Mike knew how to be a man in that he cared so deeply about everyone and everything he held dear.
I would like to take this time to tell all the Huskermat Family we lost a good man not only in the wrestling community but in the Human Race.

To Mikey C. Ross, Ted, Dru, Dev, Frank, and RMH, thanks for being there and being good friends to Rocker, I know what he meant to all of us and he will be missed. But let us not forget him and show the love and compassion to one another that he showed all of us.

Lastly to his family I would like to say Thank You for allowing me to share time with your loving son, husband, father, mentor, and all around wonder person we knew as Red Rocker. Every minute he spent with me was time that he very well could of been with you and I am truly greatfull for you allowing me the time to get to know him. God Bless you all!

ROCK ON BROTHER MIKE!
Peace Tom

hawk