Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Senior Nationals

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Senior Nationals Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
So why didnt some of our big names go like vacanti, mccoy, and weideman. What does everyone think.... would they have placed or not?
State Qualifier
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Guebels was one match short of being an A.A. at 140lbs and Sherer was two short at 135lbs. Svenson was also 2 short.

I am not sure if he has ever wrestled Vacanti. I think they all had a good shoot to place. Denson, Janovich, and the ones you mentioned would've done well there. Browne and Smith certainly did.
Rookie
Kyle Svendsen was also one win away from ALL-American honors. He lost to Young from Indiana on Sunday Morning.
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
McCoy is wrestling out at Reno worlds.
State Qualifier
I believe Svendson had to win 2 more times like Sherer to A.A.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
quote:
Originally posted by Alexander_Delarge_655321:
I believe Svendson had to win 2 more times like Sherer to A.A.

Brad is correct, Kyle Svendsen went 4-2 and only had to win one to be All-American.
Rookie
coach Hildebrandt, Unless I am mistaken it looks like nearly all of your returning wrestlers are going to Brute Nationals with the exception of Sackett... so what gives with that?
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
quote:
Originally posted by NEF:
coach Hildebrandt, Unless I am mistaken it looks like nearly all of your returning wrestlers are going to Brute Nationals with the exception of Sackett... so what gives with that?

Hey maybe the kid is hurt or maybe he needs some time off. No big deal.....
Rookie
Alexander Delarge and Nef

I would know if Kyle had one or two matches to be an all american, I was there coaching Kyle and the other Nebraska wrestlers.

Sackett is not wrestling because he has to go to a mandatory Science event for a class at Skutt. He would love to wrestle. He is not one to shy away from competition.

Brad
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by Brad Hildebrandt:
Alexander Delarge and Nef

I would know if Kyle had one or two matches to be an all american, I was there coaching Kyle and the other Nebraska wrestlers.

Sackett is not wrestling because he has to go to a mandatory Science event for a class at Skutt. He would love to wrestle. He is not one to shy away from competition.

Brad

Thanks for the info coach, I knew it must be something like that, Tyler is a special talent, I truly think he is the next 4Xer.
Rookie
From what i have seen i would have to say so too, he is a great talent and i as well think he will be the next 4Xer good luck to him!