Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Who Are You
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Who Are You Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Mitzi Essay....Alliance

Kala Essay is my daughter and is a Senior. She keeps Stats for the AHS wrestling team.

My son Riley is a Junior and wrestles for Alliance at 125.

There are many other kids who I would be more than proud to claim as my own that we have gotten to know throughout the many years and miles of wrestling.

Good Luck to all of the wrestlers, we will be cheering for you!
Novice
That's Essay for you to say.....
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
rotfl

Holy Cow!!!!...a ref with an open sense of humor(kinda)!!! Time to buy a powerball ticket!

Got any ref-erences?

I kant imagine that.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Somewhere out in the Coral Ref...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
My name is Spencer Murdock, born and raised in Bassett, NE. I wrestled for Bassett Area Matmen, Rock County High and did a short stint at Chadron State. I have been a High School Wrestling Official for ten years including one deployment to the Middle East and one in the near future. I believe wrestling to be one of the last forms of competitive sports where parents and forces outside of what normal people would be involved in their children sports, real! Also, the atmosphere of the sports is amazing!

Si vis pacem, para bellum. (He who desires peace must prepare for war)
State Champion
Picture of deano
I'm Josh Dean born and raised in Valentine Nebraska. I have been involved in wrestling in some sort since I was 5. I am now in the Air Force and living in Vacaville California with my beautiful wife Stephanie Dean. I believe that wrestling is the ultimate sport and the relationships you build in the community will/do last a lifetime. My best friends are wrestlers whether in high school or college.

I helped coach rushville in 2003 after blowing out my knee and this year assisted Will C Wood high in Vacaville Califoria. Next year I am going to try out for the air force wrestling team and hope to see ya'all this weekend as I will be attended state for the first time in two years.

I have two sisters Katie and Kallah ages 21 and 18 and my parents are Susan and Lonnie Brill. I come from a wrestling family my cousin Brandon was a three time state champ and a four time finalist, my cousin doug Risseeuw was a very good wrestler that some may remember and now I get to cheer for Daniel Risseeuw and Jimmy Belville this week.

Peace

deano
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
Hey Spencer....good to hear from you. I don't know if you remember me or not, but I called your matches on KBRX when you were at Rock County(1994 & 1995) and got to know your folks pretty well. I went by the name of "D.J. McWilliams" back then. We also broadcast the Husker/Wyoming dual there in Bassett when over 1,000 fans packed the Rock County gym and then went to your place to eat afterwards with the Husker team(I think that was your house). Are you in Lincoln now? Tell your family I said "hello".
Rookie
Yeah, it's me. I am living in Lincoln for a few more months before my unit takes off to head back across the pond. Are you still calling radio?

Rookie
Deano,

Hey it's Matt Ford, I have'nt seen you since Chadrock some time back. How far north is Vacaville? I am based in Pendleton if your ever heading down south (after I get back) give me a shout.

If you see any of the guys from Chadron...Peak, Groff etc. tell them I say hello

-

Semper FI
Novice
I understand from a few of the refs out there that Spencer is a pretty good ref himself, hurry back we need you young guys, us old chips on the shoulder old guys are past our prime.

Radio man, I talked with your dad at the B-4, always enjoyable to see him. He was excited about Chadron qualifying 4 wrestlers.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
Spencer...yes...I'm still doing radio. Since I left O'Neill back in 1995, I've been to Grand Island, Blair(Omaha Radio), Gordon, Grand Island(again-diff. station), Chadron, and Alliance. Now I'm back in O'Neill, but out of radio...I'm Corporate Director Of Public Relations for Midwest Ethanol Producers, L.L.C. which will be based out of O'Neill. I did call two duals(O'Neill-Pierce, & O'Neill-Creighton) for KBRX, but will do all live matches of Alliance and Hemingford wrestlers for KCOW-Alliance(where I worked for the last 2 years before we moved back to O'Neill this past September). If I don't see you this week, you take care over there and thanks for your service as an official and in the military(been there done that on both accounts).

ref...he was only excited that Chadron qualified 4 after finishing 15th out of 16 teams at their own invite. They almost got beat by Hemingford(no disrespect to them) too...a team that we used to wrestle with our jv and beat pretty handily all the time. Not to knock any coaches(past or present...they can only do so much and still have a life of their own), but that program isn't where it used to be and I know how much that eats at him(wrestling was his whole life...I didn't really know him as a father while he was coaching). I talk to him about every other week and got to see him Feb. 3rd when we went back to Chadron to get our taxes done. Thanks for letting me know you saw him...I know he's in good hands out there....lot's of people look after him and respect him...that's comforting to know.
State Champion
Picture of deano
Hey Ford, what's up man, I'll see peak and groffy this weekend. I'll tell them you said hi. vacaville is pretty far north about an hour from san fran and half hour from sac.
Rookie
Ref, I will get back as soon as the mission is completed. I do my best every time I step on the mat to make the best call possible, ensure the wrestlers follow the rules without making major changes to outcome of the match within the legality and make sure that each one walks off.

I enjoy officiating wrestling because it is still brings me back to when I was 12 wrestling in Huskerland State and you were able to enjoy the sport with out all the huckabuck of today's politics.

Novice
Picture of LC Scout
AIM: Online Status For p1ottydawg
quote:
Originally posted by Polarbear:
Quintin Kidd here, husband of Tina... my youngest son Kris is a senior wrestling 189 this year at Conestoga. Kris is thinking about going to college to learn about working with special needs children. My middle son, Kyle, wrestled heavyweight in high school and is playing football in college. He just transferred back home from the University of Sioux Falls to attend Peru State with his girlfriend who plays basketball and softball there. Kyle hopes to coach football and wrestling after college. This is our last year as parents and hopefully we'll get our third trip to state. I was the announcer at the Cougar Classic and Capital Conference tournaments and I'm looking forward to doing more of the same next year.

Well hello there to you and your son! (If you remember who I am, I used to coach at HTRS, but now started my new life, happily in marriage, etc.) Bout time your son wised up and became a member of the mighty Bobcats! Is he going to play some football for them? I'm very sure Coach Clark could use a wide body like Kyle's!

Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Novice
Picture of SD Husker
I'm Will Price, formerly of Valentine, NE. I too have been involved in wrestling since age 4/5 were I started wrestling in a small town named Wood Lake. From there I wrestled Jr. wrestling through high school in Valentine.

I am now enlisted in the Air Force and living in Tucson, Arizona with my wife Krista Price and 2yr. old son Johnathon.

I am related to 2 former state champs of Valentine High School, Billy Gallino (uncle) and Shane Allison (cousin). I hope to continue the family tradition alive with my son!!

I truly do miss my wrestling days and watching all the great action that continues to take place today. But thanks to huskermat it gives us out of state folks something to look forward to!

"Pain is Temporary...Pride is Forever"
Rookie
I am Elvis
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
I am Elvis

Have you left the building?
Rookie
Chuck Mulligan 2x SQ for Omaha Central. I wrestled a semester at York College this year. Hopeing to get back into wrestling again next year. Good luck to everyone at state. Especially my boys from Central. Steel, Big Freaky, and Sam Bam leave no regrets.

"Suffer now. Live the rest of your life as a champion!"

Ali
Rookie
Becky, welcome to this great site! I was Kaleb's dads coach in high school. I am Larry Munn. I coached wrestling for 25 years, 24 in Falls City. Good luck at district and state. Kaleb is having a great year.[/QUOTE]

Hi Coach Munn I remember you I graduated about 3 years after Brian. He still talks to Kaleb about you, and how easy he has it with coach Windle.
Novice
Becky, thanks for the response! Good luck to Kaleb at state. It is a great experience, and I think he has a great chance of placing!