Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Stat Programs

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Stat Programs Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Does anyone know of an IPOD app to take wrestling stats?
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Bump. I was wondering the same thing for this upcoming season. Any suggestions?
Rookie
Picture of DevilYouth
I am wondering if there is a program out there or an interest in one that could do this for all of the schools. I am web developer and have often thought that one could be developed that would be web based that all of the schools would have access to.

Sam Pfeifer
Director, Plattsmouth Youth Wrestling
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
I use a spreadsheet program that dumps into a master team sheet e-mail if interested.

phil.severson@nsdtitans.org
Rookie
I have stats program on my computer. I just want something down at matside that my managers or parents can do. I see there are some palm pilot programs, but I didn't see anything for Ipods. Maybe that's something I can work on after football. Anyone have a newer mac that I can borrow Smile?

A web based program would be nice if every school was a hotspot. Otherwise, I think I am back to the same situation.
Novice
Picture of pinmachine
You should look at developing it with Adobe Air. It would allow more cross-platform deployment. With Android supporting it now (2.2 and later), many different smartphones would be able to use it, as well as the new Android Tablets.

If you are developing just for iPod/iPhone, look at iPads, as well.

The new tablets are looking to be the next hot item and seem like they would be the perfect tool for stats!

"Summer wrestling makes Winter champions."
Rookie
Picture of DevilYouth
If I were to develop it, it would be compatible across any platform that had access to the Internet. I could see the downside to it being that there would have to be a hot spot for wifi based equipment if being done at matside, but if there was cell service and someone had a smart-phone I could envision it being used on it.

My whole thought behind creating something like this was to have system that everyone would have access to so that they could use it to see the record of a kid, find common opponents and whatever else we can think of.

Sam Pfeifer
Director, Plattsmouth Youth Wrestling
Novice
Picture of pinmachine
Check out trackwrestling.com as they may have what you're looking for. Or close to it.

"Summer wrestling makes Winter champions."