Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    State tourny concessions.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
State tourny concessions. Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by dswitz:
I'll tell you what country folks, we'll do something about the price of "Dippin' Dots" when you do something about the price of corn and the ethanol it produces.

You realize there is only like 10-20 percent ethanol in gas? It's the oil driving up the gas price dude.

Oh, and it's not like we're just charging you city folk outrageous prices, if anything it's cheaper in urban areas. In this case they are charging an unbelievable amount to everybody.
Novice
HERE'S A THOUGHT ConfusedWHY DON'T YOU EAT BEFORE YOU GO AND DO WHAT YOU REALLY CAME FOR....WATCH YOUR KID WRESTLE !!!!! doh!
Novice
What if you spend 12 hours watching all the sessions? You surely are gonna get thirsty or hungry eventually
Rookie
Picture of tekfal
AIM: Online Status For lacher181
I'm gonna have to go with Jonny on this one, 12 hours is a long time, and even longer to go without food or drink. And personally I dont have 30 dollars just burning a hole in my pocket that I feel I need to spend on two slices of pizza and a couple drinks. They'd better do something about it this year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

"Wrestling, why? Why do we run back and forth night after night? Running and drilling so hard we throw up. Late nights, early mornings,quiet gyms ,Friday nights, Saturday evenings, broken bones, torn muscles, and concussions. We Wrestle through it all. Because we live off endorphins and adrenaline, because sometimes mat burn frees your spirit,because nobody knows what you are working for. Because we can party in the locker room just fine. Because your invincible once you step on that mat, with every drop of sweat you become better. Because a nice shot can make your night. Because the dull slap of the mat and your opponates grunts and scremes is a rythm to live by. Because it's possible to wrestle hard enough to leave life behind. We do it because we love it." -Nick Lacher
Rookie
your complaining at the wrong place if you want things to get better email,call,of generally scream at nsaa but i doubt they care or will even venture a reply. beach balls do rock down with the ball nazi's.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
I'll tell you what country folks, we'll do something about the price of "Dippin' Dots" when you do something about the price of corn and the ethanol it produces.

Dswitz,
I have always enjoyed reading your posts and really liked watching your son compete, but the above words are one of the most IDIOTIC posts EVER on this site.
Oh and I live in the city and grew up country.

hawk

World Champion
Picture of NWI
There is a reason why MECA -- not the NSAA -- charges what they do for concessions. And that reason is...BECAUSE THEY CAN.

It's their venue, and the NSAA is renting it for the state championships. The NSAA has ZERO control over concessions, from what is being offered to what is being charged. MECA will charge $7 for a slice of pizza because...well, where else are you going to go? There isn't a Pizza Hut within miles, and by the time you go out to your car, get your food, come back and try and find a parking spot, get back into the building...you will have spent AT LEAST that amount in time, gas and the purchase and consumption of food.

It's a combination of convenience and being part of a "captive" audience. And unless everybody who attends the event can go 10-12 hours without eating or drinking, they will continue to charge what they charge for food, bottled water and whatever other goodies we will consume during those three days in February.

Is charging $7 for a slice of pizza excessive? I believe it is...but you've got two choices: pay it, or go hungry. The fine folks at MECA are OK with either option, and aren't going to make any other options available anytime soon.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
State Champion
Picture of deano
how dare you call them fine mikey! Big Grin
Junior High
Hawk: Most idiotic posts ever? While I long for such immortality, I fear that you have missed the analogy. We Omahans can do no more about the price of food at the Qwest than country folks can do about the price of ethanol so complaining about it to the readers of this forum is futile, much like resistance to the Borg. However, in an effort to appease, I will resist such nuanced communiques in the future.
Rookie
Picture of dad189
Resisting the collective (MECA) is futile. Assimilation is inevitable.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Nuanced communiques??? I'm a writer and I had to look that one up...Shouldn't posts with big words like that come with a warning label???

Funny

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Dad 189: Live long and prosper.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
A lot of people never spent a dime on NWI after they supported the move of state to Omaha .

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Novice
Picture of Angrybilly
I missed my first State Tournament in 17 years last year and I don't plan to go back anytime soon. The prices, the parking, the pain in butt location it all adds up to a cruddy experience that the superior facility does not make up for. All this explains why I will never go to another state tournament as long as MECA runs the Qwest Center.

"No Lincoln, No attendence. The Great Qwest Boycott continues."
Novice
Here lies the opportunity. A campaign on huskermat to boycott the Qwest Centers concession stands. Wouldn't it be interesting if no one bought anything for the entire first session? That would hit them where it hurt$. Spread the word.
Junior Varsity
sound like a bunch of old wrestlers,lots of wrestling going on and all we can talk about is food. LOL
Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
quote:
Originally posted by guest22:
Here lies the opportunity. A campaign on huskermat to boycott the Qwest Centers concession stands. Wouldn't it be interesting if no one bought anything for the entire first session? That would hit them where it hurt$. Spread the word.

Heres a better one that would hit them even harder- which we do for the most part anyhow. Don't buy anything AT ALL until Saturday session. Then Saturday buy only 1 drink and 1 eating item to tide you over until afterwards. Even if you are there all day on Thursday and for both the sessions on Friday don't you have to leave in between as they are differant sessions. I know Saturday you can't leave however if you eat up at the continental breakfast, and go to a buffet afterwards it should work out ok for you.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by dswitz:

You don't seriously think farmers have any control of crop prices do you? Jeez, what a stupid statement.
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
quote:
Originally posted by Angrybilly:
I missed my first State Tournament in 17 years last year and I don't plan to go back anytime soon. The prices, the parking, the pain in butt location it all adds up to a cruddy experience that the superior facility does not make up for. All this explains why I will never go to another state tournament as long as MECA runs the Qwest Center.

you want to start this again! Omaha and the Qwest Center is a perfect place for High school wrestling. They didnt have the big 12 tourn in Lincoln what does that tell you.
Rookie
Picture of Loper
i dont care what the prices are as long as they have malt cups. man i miss the malt cups....

"Show me a man that is thoroughly satisfied and I'll show you a failure."