Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    State tourny concessions.
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
State tourny concessions. Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Has there been any talk about the Quest Center dong anything different for concessions this year for the state wrestling tournament? Last year was horrible. Has anyone heard anything?
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Has there been any talk about the Quest Center dong anything different for concessions this year for the state wrestling tournament? Last year was horrible. Has anyone heard anything?

I'm sure they are meeting to discuss how to maximize their profit... it's hard to make money selling pizza for $7 a slice... Confused
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
Most of the Concessions are ran by funraisers(Ex. Churchs, Boy Souts, Girl Souts, and so on)

Get Over It
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
Most of the Concessions are ran by funraisers(Ex. Churchs, Boy Souts, Girl Souts, and so on)

Get Over It

At the Qwest? I don't think so...
Rookie
Aren't the funraisers the people that bring the beachballs to the state wrestling tourney? (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Coach Meyer

quote:
Originally posted by Coach Meyer:
Aren't the funraisers the people that bring the beachballs to the state wrestling tourney? (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Coach Meyer

Now you're starting to sound like TK, 4Huskers and that Rocker fella...Errrrrrrrr NWI yeah, that's the ticket...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
quote:
Originally posted by Braveheart:
quote:

Get Over It

At the Qwest? I don't think so...

maybe ask the person when you are buying your $7 pizza. Maybe before you post this crap look into it. I do know the people that run the Concession gets a %.
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
maybe ask the person when you are buying your $7 pizza. Maybe before you post this crap look into it. I do know the people that run the Concession gets a %.

Otay... I'll be sure to ask the Ex Church (why aren't they a church any longer) and I'll ask the boy and girl souts (if I can figure out what a sout is?). As for the "funraisers"... I stay away from the strippers.
Trout Slap
Rookie
MECA’s recognized Catering and Concession Operators shall be the exclusive provider of food and beverage service in the Facilities and on the surrounding property. MECA’s Catering and Concession Operators shall retain all revenues received. Any deviation from these exclusive services must be approved in writing by MECA management.

that is from there official website to me that does not sound like any money goes anywhere else but to MECA WHICH IS NOT A FUNRAISER IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. SO MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK IT UP BEFORE YOU GO OFF ON PEOPLE

AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME HERES THE LINK http://media.eventbooking.com/22250_ns.pdf
World Champion
Picture of NWI
quote:
Originally posted by Coach Meyer:

Coach Meyer

Now you're starting to sound like TK, 4Huskers and that Rocker fella...Errrrrrrrr NWI yeah, that's the ticket...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin[/QUOTE]

We're not allowed to raise fun at state, are we???

And anybody who thinks anybody OUTSIDE of MECA is making money at concessions has had their head stuck in the cotton-candy machine for faaaaaaaar too long.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk

So what is the hoopla all about? I saw these girls in all 4 corners last year!

hawk

Rookie
There is a difference in the concessions being "run by" and being "staffed by". Last year, the stand at the top of escalators at the main entrance was "staffed by" parishioners from the Catholic church in Plattsmouth. I recognized some of the people working there and asked them. I'm sure many of the other stands were "staffed by" non-profit groups as a fund-raiser. Check the stands out to see if they are "staffed by" some non-profit, club or organization. At least when I spent money there, I felt a little better knowing that some of my money was going to a group who would put it to good use.
Rookie
A SUGGESTION....bring back MAUI Wowi's from when we were at the Devaney CentER!!!Awesome Drinks
Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
WARNING- THIS POST IS SIMPLY ONE OUT OF ONRINESS I don't feel that great about spending $7.00 for a "meal" for something that truely is a $2 snack. I've got a big pickle jar that is full of pennies- maybe should bring that and pay for our one day that we eat at State (Saturday noon) I wonder how long it would take them to decide that I'd paid enough. :-) Oh wait- the escalator police would stop me before I got to my seat and confiscate my pennies. Rats!!!! I have to admit though- the beach ball game is a lot more fun at Quest... I wonder if they will have special beach ball detector on Saturday. Instead of metal detectors they will wand us all and confiscate our beach balls.
Novice
Honestly, $7 a slice is insane. There is a difference between profit and a difference between price gouging. I got a dippin' dots ice cream, and to be quite honest, it was way below my expectations for a $4 cup.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
S-M-U-G-G-L-E food in... potstir

(This poster is not addmitting to smuggling food in the past or in the future, nor condoning those actions...merely offering an alternate means of eating food at the Qwest Center without taking out a second mortgage on you home)
Junior Varsity
Picture of Radio Man
On second thought...security may see that as a terroistic threat and put you up on federal felony charges(that is, if you get caught)...disregard my last post.

i think im gonna have to participate in the beach ball games this year.....i think i may go and buy like 10 balls.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
Junior High
I'll tell you what country folks, we'll do something about the price of "Dippin' Dots" when you do something about the price of corn and the ethanol it produces.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
Beach Balls Rule Bwahaha

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger