Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Logan View Results

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Logan View Results Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Just the championships-couldn't broadcast from up there. I won't go into details now but lets just say it looks like the AD up there likes basketball a little better. Howells walked away with the team title. North Bend 2nd, Aquinas 3rd.

Bohrer, CL pinned Johnson, Stanton

Daro, Aquinas dec Coufal, HOW 5-2

Skrdla, Aquinas pinned Rowland, MIL

Romshek, Aquinas pinned Pedersen, MIL

Croghan, Aquinas pinned Frederickson, NB

Stender, FC pinned Bartels, MIL

Brester, HOW dec Granger, NB 2-1

Kreikemeier, NB pinned Totten, LV

Granger, NB dec Konicek, HOW 7-2

Daro, Aquinas pinned Coufal, HOW

Kingston, NB dec Burnenheide, HOW 6-0

Bazata, HOW dec Schwartz, Stanton 12-5

Bayer, HOW pinned Matthiessen, MIL
-Nickolite I guess hurt his arm and didn't wrestle. Wouldn't have mattered-Bayer is amazing.

Nickolite, CL pinned Loberg, NB
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The score of the Bazata/Schwartz match was 12-7 (good match) and I wouldn't go as far as to say that it wouldn't have mattered if Nickolite wrestled. HE IS A STUD!, seems like you have something against Stanton

World Champion
Picture of HB
Roll Eyes
NCAA Champion
HB, Have you noticed how 135 class C is shaping up? Kastler, Stender, Tillema, Smith

Personally I think Stender should stayed at 145. I really believe he could have won it. Not that he couldn't win 135, but cutting the extra 10 pounds to get to an even tougher weight class than 145 imo.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
HB, Logan View has had a problem with pro-basketball ADs there for a LONG time.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Well I asked them if they had a phone jack I could use and Tim Johnk, who is apparantly the AD and a former Nebraska football player, said flatly "no." Well Coach Mowinkel showed me that they had an office I could use and easily reach. I told him though I didn't want to push the issue because of . I was talking to Doug Hoops, a ref and someone who does part time broadcasting and he said they have rejected radio stations that wanted to broadcast wrestling from there before as well.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Also wanted to add that it looks like Aquinas took a major hit with a possible season ending injury to Ross Janak. Apparantly some type of arm injury that is leftover from football. They also didn't have Luke Coufal today.
Varsity Letterman
Do you have team scores HB?

World Champion
Picture of HB
They're up on NWI
Rookie
Picture of superman_130
couple of good matches that i witnessed during this tourny was Granger vs. Brester (Brester 2-1) in the finals and Loberg, NB vs. Fiala, Aquinas in the semi-finals. The HWT bracket was dominated by Sky Nicolite who just calmly and collectively beats his opponentys with ease. It seems that he really doesn't panic and doesn't sweat that much when he wrestles...he's something else
Rookie
Aquinas had 8 guys wrestling and 7 gys hurt for logan view....Janak(152) broke a little ball in his wrist and they dont think hes gonna be back..coufal(171) stretched a ligament but he should be back next weeek...adam karpisek(145 152?) tore cartilage in his knee hell be back after christmas....tj glock(135 140?) got a concussion(mayb 2 idk for sure) hell be back after chhristmas...jordan miester (189) had surgery at the beginning of football on his acl..back after chirstmas mayb..tom eickmier(119 mayb idk) has mono..marcus eggleston(idk either) dislocated his arm..david egger (160 jv) tranfered so he has to wait like 20 more days or sometin like that...and me tad dewispelare (189 just to fill the roster) had acl and miniscus reconstruction and im out til june
Varsity Letterman
Anyone know how serious Nickolite's arm injury is?
Rookie
Picture of Sylas Stender
I cut the last ten pounds because my coach wanted me to but i felt alot stonger at that weight when i wrestled there. Yeah it might be a stronger weight class but to be the best your have to beat the best.

/private/Network/Servers/g4ftc.esu3.org/Volumes/Server_x1D2/StudentHome/07sylas_stender/Desktop/ycargorilla.gif
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Sylas Stender:
I cut the last ten pounds because my coach wanted me to but i felt alot stonger at that weight when i wrestled there. Yeah it might be a stronger weight class but to be the best your have to beat the best.

Go get'em Stender....Good luck...I'll be yellin for ya. Take plenty of vitamins....your ammune system is weak right now.
Rookie
Picture of Grape Ape
quote:
Originally posted by Lance Stallion:
Anyone know how serious Nickolite's arm injury is?

I heard it was minor