Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Where did "Wrasslin" go?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Where did "Wrasslin" go? Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
I figured this was about the time of year where he would make an appearance and start mixing the pot. In a sick way I kind of miss his commentary.
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Tis the season......

Junior High
Cute... Real cute... A "Calvin & Hobbes" masterpiece come to life...

Singleleg... You must really be a masochist to ask where he's at... Don't stir the pot... I'm sure he's reading our posts, getting his chuckles and really cooking up some juicy stuff.

Mike no longer has NWI Mag online... That's one topic he'll beat for weeks, we're asking where he's at, he'll beat that topic for weeks, and revel in his own glory, and here I am starting to sound like Mike with an editorial...Sorry Mike... I miss your bright shiny face in the stands... Only 5 more weeks to action...
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Anarchist...don't worry -- that chap is like water off this duck's back. He has/had zero influence on my efforts and whatever he has to say at this point is of zero relevance to the situation and I would like to think he's smart enough to know that.

Besides, he stands to lose more by trying to ruffle my feathers at this point... Wink

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
Hey now before we go get this lunatic all fired up again we shgould think about some of the things that he said.I Remember that he said that NWI would fold and that Mike would be out of the game this year...FACT that he was right on!

He also said that Skutt would stay in class B! Fact again.

He was trying to organize a large wrestling gathering to better the sport in NE but had reservations about getting peopelto commit because of the politics and the egos in the state...Fact again!

I for one did not care much for this guy...but you can not argue with cooments and predicitions.

In ehe end Mike you have to agree that the guy was right about you and that fact that you would not make it in the wrestling community! It looks liek inthe end that all of your personal issues caught up with you!
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
quote:
Originally posted by Mason:
He was trying to organize a large wrestling gathering to better the sport in NE but had reservations about getting peopelto commit because of the politics and the egos in the state...Fact again!

Sorry Mason, you got this one wrong. Wrasslin never organized a meeting or talk to a single person about putting anything together. He talked about it online, but talk is cheap and he did nothing. I can solve World peace online, but if I do nothing then nothing will get done.

One of the biggest myths in this state is that the wrestling organizations are not working together. Huskerland uses USA to insure its organization and individuals. Huskerland and USA put together a weekend of wrestling with the Huskerland Duals and USA State Folkstyle tournament at the same location. Huskerland and USA cooperated in funding some of the national teams. If you attended AAU Grand Nationals you would see that nearly all of the USA Directors were in attendance and some helped organize the event. Don’t forget about the NSWCA helping out by supporting the Disney Duals (an AAU event) and Senior Nationals.

As you can see the organizations are working closely together. If you would look at the people involved and how they are working together you would see that there are no politics or egos involved.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Badger,
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
Beetle Juice

Beetle Juice

Beetle Juice

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

World Champion
Picture of NWI
quote:
Originally posted by Mason:
Hey now before we go get this lunatic all fired up again we shgould think about some of the things that he said.I Remember that he said that NWI would fold and that Mike would be out of the game this year...FACT that he was right on!

In ehe end Mike you have to agree that the guy was right about you and that fact that you would not make it in the wrestling community! It looks liek inthe end that all of your personal issues caught up with you!

Mason,

I'm going to clarify some of these points you made here, because you are either a newbie to the site or have lurked in the shadows and have chosen this opportunity to make your point.

First off...I am, by no means, out of the game. I will still be involved in promoting the sport of wrestling, although it will be on a much less-visible front than as E-Publisher of NWI. Exactly what that capacity is has yet to be determined, but make no mistake about it -- I am not leaving the sport of wrestling. In fact, don't be surprised to see me working in some capacity this year.

Second...as far as "making it" in the wrestling community, that has never been a concern of mine, although I think my record says all that needs to be said about whether or not I made an impact on the sport as far as coverage goes. The interest and support NWI received during its run -- and the work I did in promoting the sport BEFORE the birth of NWI -- says all that needs to be said about that.

Third...my "personal problems" had NOTHING to do with the decision to leave my post at NWI. For a number of years, I have put this venture -- and this sport -- ahead of my family. My family has been unbelieveably supportive of me, but at this point in my life I felt that it was time I made a change in priorities. This move is all about putting family first, and nothing to do with "personal problems."

Finally...while NWI as it is now known is ceasing publication, this does not mean that it has folded per se. There is interest in keeping the website going, and if those who have expressed interest want to take the next step, NWI could very well continue under new ownership.

There's an old saying that you can take the kid out of wrestling, but you can't take wrestling out of the kid. This sport has left a wonderful little scar on my life, one that I will proudly carry with me through the years...no matter what some anonymous yahoo on the Internet has to say about it.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
I have watched this site for years having lived in CB and enjoying western Iowa wrestling. There is not denying that this wrasslin fella and Rome before him were on you hard Mike! Both of them brought a lot of disccussion and debbate into the web site! I did not like their personal attacks, but the website was stirred up when they were here!