Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    You will like this

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
You will like this Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
There are videos of all the finals matches at the Walsh Ironman tournament from this past year in Ohio on the link I have posted below. It's one of the toughest tournies in the country and almost all the finalists are All-Americans. Some of the kids will be wrestling for senior national championships in a few days. This is some incredible wrestling in terms of fundamentals, technique and intensity. If many of our kids can't or don't want to wrestle in the national tournies, maybe they can learn something from watching these guys on film. I would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks about the caliber of wrestling shown here.

http://www.walshironman.com/
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
First time I have ever seen Dustin Schlatter wrestle (145 lbs). Heard the name plenty; but this was the first time I have seen him wrestle. Very impressive indeed.

Definately liked his attacking style. In your face the whole time. He made the finals match look like a youth tournament match where a wrestler is just practicing takedowns on his opponent. Let him up and take him down again; over and over.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
some great matches there, for some of the inexperienced wrestlers that is who they can look up to

The Stat Boy

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
160 pound match is kind of a clinic on defense; where the winner turns about 3 different deep shots by his opponent ... into offensive points for himself.