Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Congratulations Ryan Hartnett

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Congratulations Ryan Hartnett Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Report This Post  
Congratulations to Ryan Hartnett, Gretna 130 pounder. His pin tonight was his 126th career win, which ties Joe Janovich's career wins record for Gretna High School.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
he is smooth as silk. Congrats
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Great work, Ryan. Joe Janovich was quite the talent there, so to eclipse that mark is something special.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Congrats Ryan!!!! Hell of an accomplishment to catch Janovich.
Rookie
congrats ryan keep it up! hey frank do you think that in the few years we could see this record broken again by a familiar last name in Andy Janovich?
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by eccpanters:
congrats ryan keep it up! hey frank do you think that in the few years we could see this record broken again by a familiar last name in Andy Janovich?

That’s an interesting question, eccpanters. I never like to pick winners, champions, etc because all high school age kids have enough pressure on them. Each is trying to figure out why his body and moods are changing so fast, whether learning how to conjugate verbs will get them a better seed in the district tournament, and whether the cute girl across the lunchroom is winking at him because she thinks he is a hunk or if she has a gnat in her eye. So, trying not to put any more pressure on anyone I will throw out a few things for consideration. I believe it is a foregone conclusion that, barring a season ending injury in his first match tomorrow, Ryan will hold the career win record for Gretna High School. He has an advantage in that he has already won those matches and they can’t be taken away from him. However, he has a disadvantage in that his high school career is nearly over. He will soon be in the position that Joe is in now. He won’t be able to add any more wins. There is rumor going around the Coach Matt Bruggeman has been holding secret meetings with several plastic surgeons about seriously altering Ryan’s face and bring him back next year as 14 year old Igor Pdzasftoskov, an immigrant from Carjackistan.

It would be very unfair to try to compare their careers. Ryan wrestled at 103 as a freshman, then moved up to 112, 119, and now 130. So in his early years he probably wrestled more freshman and sophomores. Andy wrestled 152 as a freshman and is now at 171 as a sophomore. The people that live in those weights tend to be juniors and seniors who are strong and mean and like to tear the arms off freshmen and eat them.

The schedule could be a very big factor. Last week a dual meet was cancelled because of the weather. For Ryan and Andy that was a wash because each of them lost an opportunity to add a win. But it set each of them back a meet in their quest to catch Joe. That was one match. Now imagine that those nasty Oklahomans manage to get their snowstorm turned to the north and the Papio Duals get snowed out tomorrow. In that case they will each lose 4 matches and that is very significant.

On the other hand there is a possibility that Andy may gain an advantage in his junior and senior years in that the Puzzle Palace in Lincoln may loosen the match limit and he will have the opportunity to wrestle more matches than either Ryan or Joe.

I guess the short answer is, “I DUNNO”. Ask me again after the 2012 State Tournament and I will give you a very clear answer. I do know one thing. They are both great wrestlers and great kids.

ccpanters, from your posts I gather that you must follow the Eastern Midlands Conference teams. If you are going to the conference tournament at Waverly look me up. I love political correctness. I used to be short, fat and grey haired. Now I’m vertically challenged, with abundant girth, and a mature coiffure. I’ll be sitting with the green people.
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
1st Congrats Ryan
2nd FYI to everyone EMC will be at Blair this year since the gym at Waverly had some water problems.

quote:
Originally posted by Vegas Kid:
1st Congrats Ryan
2nd FYI to everyone EMC will be at Blair this year since the gym at Waverly had some water problems.

Shhhhhhhhhh

Don't tell Frank, he'll think them nasty Oklahoma folks sent "Frozen Katrina" North and cancelled everything...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Rookie
Frank you happen to know me very well already, I Played football for your boy few years back killed me to see him go i loved the guy was a great coach. I also wrestled for Gretna i live in Iowa now and wont be attending. But i do wish Gretna the best of luck since i cant see them i like to fallow them on here and you do a great job of helpin me do that you always have great input and are a very smart man thank you and keep up the good work,

Go Dragons and good luck to all wrestlers in districts and state no matter where you from. Its best state event held in the great state of Nebraska. Nothing beats the atmosphere of state. Even though i never made state every time i here we are the champions and see the guys walkin through the tunnel i get the chills somethin everyone should see before they die.

-cody
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by Vegas Kid:
1st Congrats Ryan

Thanks for the info, Phil. I called the airline and was able to get my ticket switched from Waverly to Blair.