Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Flatwater Fracas 2011

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Flatwater Fracas 2011 Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
I'm sure most of you are glued to the UNO situation like I am, but I must interrupt with a request to anyone, any class interested in the Flatwater Fracas this December 16-17, 2011. We had 24 teams this past December and look to grow it to 30-32 teams. Obviously, this is an ambitious goal but we feel like we can get it done. I must stress to anyone looking ahead to 2012 or 2013 to consider this year because 32 teams will be the cap under the current dual format. We have considered an individual format, but we feel the duals has been a great avenue to get more kids matches, as well as providing a "team-centered" event for the fans. Although I think most wrestling fans would certainly appreciate a knock-down drag out finals of such an event in Nebraska.
Anyway, with all of that being said, if you have an interest, coaches, please get in touch with me: Mike Schadwinkel mschadwi@gips.org or my AD Joe Kutlas jkutlas@gips.org and we'll be getting teams booked in the coming weeks. One goal is to get to the point where we are turning teams away. We want this to be where the best teams come to dual each other!
Teams already in, we hope to have renewal contracts out soon...
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Bump! Smile
State Qualifier
Coach, have you posted on any other state forums?
Rookie
On Kansas so far and planning on getting Colorado and Wyoming today.
Rookie
Got South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, Montana, and Iowa forums covered today. Got another strong Kansas school very interested, will announce when the contract is in...
Rookie
bump
Rookie
Last chance at the Fracas for 2011. We have 29 teams and our most competitive and strongest field to date. 4 states represented and several new teams - looking like it will be fun! Still looking for one or three more teams. If you have room and a competitive dual team please get in touch with me asap! mschadwi@gips.org
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Alright Mike--give it up--who ya got?
Rookie
Lincoln Southeast,
Lincoln Southwest,
Lincoln North Star,
Adams Central Junior-Senior,
Aurora,
Central City,
Columbus,
Grand Island Central Catholic,
Norfolk,
North Platte,
Grand Island Northwest,
High Plains Community,
Holdrege,
Manhattan (KS),
Omaha North,
Papillion-La Vista,
Papillion-La Vista South,
Omaha Gross Catholic,
Kearney,
Gretna,
Hastings (NE),
Gothenburg,
Thayer Central,
Chaparral(CO),
Doniphan-Trumbull,
Cheyenne East (WY),
Monarch (CO),
Ralston Valley High School (CO),
Grand Island

As you can see no one nationally ranked or out-of-the-ordinarily special, but many teams on the up and up and more out-of-state teams than we have ever had. Just need to add one more team to make 30 or 3 more to make 32...
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
Have you ever considered having a college division like the Lone Star Duals does? Or would that not fit into NSAA Rules?
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Mike, this should be a great event. What's the format going to be? Assuming you get one more team, are you going to go 6 pools with 5 teams on day one and then move everybody into brackets/pools for the second day? Just curious. Again, thanks to you and your staff for your hard work in preparing for this.
Rookie
If we have 30 we'll go 6 pools of 5, four duals the first day. The second day the 6 #1's will dual one other similarly placing team of those 6 teams the winners will go into a pool of 3, the losers will go into another pool of three and will eventually rank out 1-6, same with the Day 1 #2's, so on and so forth.
If we get 32 we'll go 8 pools of 4 wrestle 3 duals then pair up with similarly placing pool members from pools 1 & 2, 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 7 & 8, for a final dual of day 1 that will rank out 4 undefeated to go into the top 4-team pool for day 2, and 7 more pools of 4.
Either way each team will get 4 the first day and 3 the second, with no chance for anyone to wrestle the same team twice