Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Meneely vs Metcalf
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Meneely vs Metcalf Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
posted   Report This Post  
If they meet up this weekend who wins.

I think Metcalf
State Qualifier
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I think Todd, right out of highschool was every bit as good as Metcalf is now.The difference is that Todd will need some time to get back totally to that level, but I think it can happen.I would give Metcalf a good edge if they meet now, but hopefully the gap will narow in time.As a highschool senior, at Fargo Todd went unscored on till the finals where he beat Ware like 5-2 in the finals.Todd beating Cyler Sanderson recently didn't surprise me at all.
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
where do you think Meneely would be right now if he never left Iowa.

Champ or just an AA
Junior High
L.T. has wrestled them both and based on that I think Panther has it dead right. I suspect we will have the privilege of hitting one of them at Midlands: Nice situation my kid has-wrestle a kid that has coached him for years or a kid coached by Gable and Brands. But,just like always, we'll still show up in the center of the mat.
State Qualifier
7-3 Metcalf. I would like to see them wrestle at the end of the year when Todd is in better shape. Good match though.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Saw Todd wrestle 2-3 matches Saturday and he looks good for not having been in it the past couple of years. I think if he keeps focused and keeps working, he's going to be outstadning for UNO.

It's good to see him back, that's for sure...

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
How does he have 3 years left.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
This should be his last year .

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

State Qualifier
OWH said he has this year (second semester) then 2 more years.
Junior High
I wonder, not for purposes of criticism but rather analysis, if T.M. would not be better off losing the bulk muscle and going 141 with a much more aerobic physique. For that matter, what is more beneficial in this sport,large musculature or aerobic musculature? I'm starting to believe strongly in the latter. And both cannot be accomplished- not physiologically possible.
State Qualifier
Joe Dubuque of Indiana did quite well with bulk at 125lbs. I think muscle endurance is better than muscle mass in wrestling without a doubt..... doing 10-12 reps of 4-5 sets with lighter weights over 3-4 reps of 3 sets of heavy weights.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Alexander_Delarge_655321,
World Champion
Picture of NWI
He had a redshirt year plus a year at Iowa, so he has three years left.

Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
You have five years of eligibilty from the first year you start competing .His last championship was in 2002 if he started college wrestling in 2003 this should be his last year .

Did he set out a year before starting to compete ?

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

World Champion
Picture of NWI
If you recall -- he's been away from the sport for a couple of years. Therefore, his eligibility clock stopped during that time away.

State Champion
Picture of deano
not if he was enrolled in school as a full time student, whether in the sport or not, if enrolled as a full time student your eligibility sp? ticks away. If he was enrolled part time or not at all then he is fine. That is how alot of schools get away w/ having guys around for six or seven years.

Peace

Deano
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Deano...I can't say for sure, but I don't think he was in school during that time away. That may be why he still has three years left.

Rookie
Once enrolled into college a person has at most 6 years of eligibility or 12 semesters. say they were full time for 2 and a half years (5 semesters), then they still have 7 semesters left to compete at most. the only way to be eligible for 6 straight years is to wrestle for 4, redshirt for 1 and then medical redshirt or olympic redshirt for 1. Otherwise you only wrestle for 4 years.
Junior Varsity
I think your clock is only runing while a FT student that is why he would be eligibile(sp) for 3 national tournaments while at UNO.
Novice
Picture of cubbie
TALKED TO COACH DENNY AT THE KAUFMAN OPEN AND TODD CAN WRESTLE IN 3 NATIONAL TOURNEMENTS FOR UNO, ALSO TODD LOOKED VERY GOOD THIS PAST WEEKEND MAYBE A LITTLE HEAVY
Novice
The eligibility question is different between DI and DII.

DI has a continuous clock so once you start you have five playing seasons (four varsity). No student-athlete is entitled to a sixth season; appeals have to receive a medical red-shirt. Case in point Tommie Frazier didn't get one in 1994. DII only counts seasons if the student-athlete is enrolled at full time status.
I think Todd started classes at Iowa in the fall of '03. I know that he has been enrolled at UNO and UNL, but I don't know if he stayed above full time status at either after the drop date. This is all how he has so much time left. Despite the fact that he wrestles for UNO it is great to have one of the best High School wrestlers back on the mat. Best of Luck Todd

NCAA rules are not developed by Miles Brand or the NCAA home office. NCAA rules are developed and proposed by institutions and conferences specific for their respective division. These are introduced usually in July and then kicked around until the NCAA Convention in January where it is voted on by division members only.
In Div.II each institution gets a vote (usually AD's or school Presidents). Div I has representatives that vote. I'm not sure about Div III, but because they have by far the largest number of institutions it would be difficult to see them get everyone in one room to vote. Again, Institutions/Reps only vote on division specific legislation. I'm not sure how this process works in NAIA.