Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    NSWCA Changes

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NSWCA Changes Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Coach Manstedt asked me to post the following letter:

June 1, 2010

Dear Nebraska Wrestling Coaches, Parents and Fans

The Nebraska Scholastic Wrestling Coaches Association (NSWCA) has been going through some very troublesome times in the past few months. I will address as many items as possible and yet be as brief as possible. If you have further questions I will be happy to answer them if I can. I do intend to send updated reports to all coaches during the summer.

Item One: Resignation of Sheryl Barry as Executive Secretary Treasurer

NSWCA Board of Directors has accepted the resignation of Sheryl Barry as Executive Secretary Treasurer effective May 27, 2010. I will not go into any details of the resignation other than it has been a very complicated issue and the board would like to thank Sheryl for her 35 years of service as the Executive Secretary Treasurer to the NSWCA.

Item Two: Interim Appointments/Assignments

Norm Manstedt recommended that Jim Kasik, Schuyler assume the duties of interim Secretary Treasurer and Michael Jernigan, Westside will assume the duties of interim chairman of the All Star Classic, June 12 at West Point High School beginning at 1:00 PM. Norm Manstedt and Jim Kasik will be interim co-chairman for the Hall of Fame Banquet held on Saturday July 17 at the Elks Country Club.

Item Three: Constitution Amendments and Review

President Norm Manstedt has called a Special Meeting for Board of Directors for 9:00 AM on June 12, 2010 at West Point High School. The purpose of the meeting will be to review and reassign the various offices and committees of the NSWCA. I will not discuss any changes until after our meeting, however any and all constitution changes/amendments will be made available to all members for 30 days prior to being voted on by the board of directors.

Item Four: NSWCA Website

In the next few weeks he NSWCA website will be undergoing some major changes. We are updating all of the various web pages and adding on-line payment services so you can purchase your membership and Hall of Fame Banquet tickets. You will also have access to all application forms for the various awards, view board minutes, newsletters and photo’s. In the future our website should provide our members with greater access and more information in a timely manor. We are excited to be able to offer this feature to our members.

Item Five: Newsletters via email

The NSWCA will make every effort to send all member coaches the Matside newsletter and other information via email or make the information available to you on our website. We will use the email address listed in the NSAA Directory, if you want the newsletter sent to a different address please specify your preferred address when you join on line.

Item Six: 2009 - 2010 Membership

We currently have 102 paid high school coaches, 7 assistants and 8 members who are not coaches. If you want to join this year we will be taking memberships at the All Star Dual and paid members are admitted free the All Star Dual

Item Seven: Academic All State

The certificates are ready and will be available at the All Star Dual and then mailed to your school. I apologize for the delays and assure you that this will not happen again in the future.

Item Eight: Top Ten Team Certificates

Not only have we not sent out this years Top Ten Team Certificates it has brought to my attention that many schools have not received Top Ten Team Certificates from previous years. This is unacceptable and will be corrected. If your school is due a Top Ten Certificate please notify Craig Mauler, Sargent Burwell and we will get this error corrected. The certificates are ready and will be available at the All Star Dual or will be sent to your school.

Item Nine: Nebraska Disney Duals Team Two

The NSWCA board of directors voted to pay the entry fee for Nebraska Disney Dual Team Two. We apologize to the Disney Duals Team Two for not handling this item sooner. We ask that the both Disney Dual teams provide the NSWCA with photo’s that can be placed on our website.

Item Ten: New NSWCA Mailing Address

The new mailing address will be NSWCA, Box 374 Schuyler, NE 68661. Please send all correspondence to the new address.

Item Eleven: All Star Team

I have attached the East and West Dual team Members

Item Twelve: Hall of Fame Inductees & Special Awards

I have attached the Class of 2010 NSWCA Hall of Fame Inductees and Special Award Winners. We hope that everyone will join us in congratulating each honored guest for his or her contribution to Nebraska wrestling.

In closing I want to thank all of the board members for their patience, input and ideas regarding the improvement and future of the NSWCA. As I said in my fall newsletter “change is difficult” but for the good of NSWCA organization we must be willing to make necessary changes. The coaches who started this organization 35 years ago had no idea that we would have a Hall of Fame, an All Star Dual or any of the offerings that we provide today. It is our duty to move this organization forward by utilizing technology, innovation and “change” to enhance what has become the voice of Nebraska High School Wrestling.

What has happened in the past… is in the past, we are moving on. The board of directors will have some very trying times in the weeks and months ahead but it is nothing that we can’t overcome. When we start the next year the NSWCA will be stronger and more unified for making these changes. We need your positive support and it can start by your attendance at the All Star Classic on June 12 and the Hall of Fame Banquet on July 17.

Respectfully,

Norm Manstedt

President, NSWCA

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Here are the All-Star Lineups from Coach Jernigan and a note he attached:

Here are the rosters for the NSWCA Senior All-Star TEAMs.

These are in no certain order and they are NOT the match-ups!!! We will be doing the match-ups for the dual on Friday the 11th after weigh-ins.

If you have any questions, please contact me and I will help you out. Thanks for the support of High School Wrestling and hope to see you on the 12th in West Point.

Michael Jernigan
Westside High School
9th and 10th grade Special Services
Varsity Head Wrestling Coach
JV Football Coach
(402) 343-2655

West Team:

Chase Johnson, Columbus

Justin Taubenheim, Amherst

Jake Miller, Millard South

Shawn Nagel, Kimball

Adam Joseph, Adams Central

Ryan Roach, Sidney

Taylor Phipps, Crete

Alex Stepanek, St. Paul

Troy Nawrocki, Bellevue East

Kohlton Price, Sidney

Ravaughn Perkins, Omaha North

Blake Augustyn, Ord

Jacob Kloppel, Columbus

Aaron Davis, Franklin

Wil Brown, Chadron

Austin Williams, Omaha Burke

Lucas Kastl, David City

Tanner Sturgeon, Cozad

Jordan Debus, Mitchell

Beau Muehling, Lincoln Southwest

Catlin Rice, Cambridge

Joshua Powell, Kenesaw/Shelton

Aaron Roberson, Wood River

Derek Helms, Arapahoe

East Team:
Tyler Hodges – Neb. City

Michael Jernigan – Omaha Westside

Ray Maxwell – West Point Beemer

Jeff Green – West Point Beemer

Caleb Franklin – Oakland Craig

Karl Bonner – Battle Creek

Chauncey Ziemann – Norris

Ryan Pohlman – Raymond Central

Josh Eisenmann - Madison

Seth Stender – Bennington

Matt Rice – Grand Island

Clark Zielinski – Omaha Westside

Matt Oliver – Auburn

Dalton Fletcher – Scribner/Snyder

Alex Harrington – West Point Beemer

Derek Coufal – Howells

Tyler Going – North Bend

Casey Paprocki – Omaha Westside

Thomas Moman - Norfolk

Alan Taylor – Grand Island

Jeremy Dettmer – Syracuse

Preston Kellum – Syracuse

Matt Lenagh – Millard North

Nate Westerby – Grand Island

Keith Stille – Ashland-Greenwood

Brady Wills – Plainview

Zeke Ryerson – Plattsmouth
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
I want to thank everyone who waited patiently. As Norm said this has been a long thought out process and we had to do everything by the book and according to the NSWCA constitution. I agree with Norm 100% that now is the time to look forward and not back and to grow wrestling past,present and future in the state.
Rookie
Picture of Loosvelt
I would like to get everyone's opinion. Which wrestler would you select to attend an All-Star dual.

Wrestler A has over 100 career wins, is a 3 time state qualifier and state placer placing 3rd as a sophomore, 2nd as a junior and was a State CHAMPION his senior year.

Wrestler B has qualified for state as a junior then placed 3rd his senior year.

I just need to know who you would select to wrestle in the All-Star dual. You know the dual that selects the BEST wrestlers in the STATE.

Go Dragons!

Thanks for posting this HB. And thanks to Coach Manstedt for passing it along to you and asking you to post it. Looks like things are headed in the right direction!

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior Varsity
quote:

We currently have 102 paid high school coaches, 7 assistants and 8 members who are not coaches. If you want to join this year we will be taking memberships at the All Star Dual and paid members are admitted free the All Star Dual

Is this all the membership you have out of all the coaches in the state? If so this is very very sad!
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
quote:
Originally posted by scrambler:
quote:

Is this all the membership you have out of all the coaches in the state? If so this is very very sad!

Yes the membership is a little over 1/2 of the Head Coaches. We know there have been some problems, but starting with a fresh secretary/treasurer position will really help us out.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Craig,

Are dues still $30?

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
Yes dues are $30.
Rookie
Where do I find the Hall of Fame Inductees and Special Award winners???

World Champion
Picture of HB
They will be announced next week. They have been selected but NSWCA wanted to notify the Inductees and honorees first before everyone else knows.

World Champion
Picture of HB
I wanted to add my two cents in here as well. The coaches of the NSWCA have always been very good to me as they've voted the past few years to help fund the site and associated costs.

I am not big into the accolades and fanfare. I do this because I enjoy it and love the people I get to interact with.

But last year I received a media award that they give out to various outlets in Nebraska every season. The only way I found out was by reading it in the Columbus paper the day after the banquet. I never received any notice or invite to the banquet and have never seen any certificate. I probably spent two seconds thinking about it and then put it out of my mind. I like the banquet because it's great to hear the stories and talk to all the great wrestling people out there. I'm pretty sure of the reason why I didn't get notified but the reason is now in the past.

This organization has a bright future and it will now actually serve the interests of Nebraska wrestling, beyond just a banquet and an all-star dual. This is a good thing folks. There are some quality people in charge of the NSWCA that only want the best for wrestling in the state. It's unfortunate that it took this long for the problems to be noticed.
Rookie
Thanks!! Smile
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
quote:
Originally posted by HB:
I wanted to add my two cents in here as well. The coaches of the NSWCA have always been very good to me as they've voted the past few years to help fund the site and associated costs.

I am not big into the accolades and fanfare. I do this because I enjoy it and love the people I get to interact with.

But last year I received a media award that they give out to various outlets in Nebraska every season. The only way I found out was by reading it in the Columbus paper the day after the banquet. I never received any notice or invite to the banquet and have never seen any certificate. I probably spent two seconds thinking about it and then put it out of my mind. I like the banquet because it's great to hear the stories and talk to all the great wrestling people out there. I'm pretty sure of the reason why I didn't get notified but the reason is now in the past.

This organization has a bright future and it will now actually serve the interests of Nebraska wrestling, beyond just a banquet and an all-star dual. This is a good thing folks. There are some quality people in charge of the NSWCA that only want the best for wrestling in the state. It's unfortunate that it took this long for the problems to be noticed.

HB I appreciate your post but I will say you are wrong about one thing and that is it is unfortunate that it took this long for the problems to be noticed. There have been plenty of presidents and board members over the last 10 years that knew we had a problem, however it is tough to tell that problem in the middle of it's living room they need to do a better job when it is the one constant in the organization. You know who and what I am talking about and I don't want to bash the person because of close to 35 years of work for the NSWCA. I am looking forward to the future and I hope the rest of the wrestling community feels the same.
Novice
I have notified more than one person more than one time that it is Brandon Wills that is wrestling HWT in the All-Star Duals. Brady graduated 3 years ago. Please make sure this is corrected before the programs are printed.
Rookie
Quick question. How many coaches associations are there in Nebraska? It seems to me we have to many coaches organizations and not enough organization. I've said from day one that we need to get on the same page and do what is right for wrestling. We have USA, AAU, Huskerland, NSWCA, etc. When I coached in Iowa we had one organization for wrestling. It was called the Iowa Wrestling Coaches and Officals Association. One group that did everything it could to promote the sport of wrestling. Check out their website: http://www.thepredicament.com/iwcoa.asp

Just throwing my thoughts around.
NCAA Champion
Iowa has an USA and an AAU organization also. All are doing their part to support wrestling. USA and AAU are not "coaches associations" but rather a club, wrestler, and coaches organization that supports wresting of all age divisions.

Most states have a separate High school coaches association from Club organizations. USA and AAU both support HS wrestlers as well in the off-season.
Rookie
Is it too early to ask again if they have released the names of the Hall of Fame Inductees and Special Award Winners???