Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    RIP Jake Hutson

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
RIP Jake Hutson Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of chapow1
posted   Report This Post  
Jason "Jake" Hutson, former Wahoo High wrestler in the late 80's early 90's passed away yesterday. Jake wrestled at UNO & even did some MMA over the past couple of years. If you knew Jake he was one of a kind & a great guy to be around. He will be missed by many.

I don't have any details yet but it sounds like the funeral will be this Thursday in Wahoo.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Horrible news. Prayers go out to his family.

Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO

World Champion
Picture of HB
I remember Jason. Wrestled right around my time. Condolences.
Novice
Picture of Angrybilly
As someone grew up with, and wrestled on the same high school team as Jake, I can say without a second thought that Jake was truely one of the most joyous people I have ever met. He was a truely a inspiration on and off the mat. I will go as far as too say that at his peak Jake was as good, or better, then anyone who has ever wrestled at Wahoo Public.

I'd like to share a story that will hopefully let you all know what kind of man Jake was. My senior year of high school I was struggling with some "confidence" issues. I didn't have many friends and my self-esteem was at a all time low. Let's put it this way Im was a pretty easy target. I really only had two things going for me wrestling and Jake.
My wrestling season had gone terribly and I was getting beat by kids who I should of been able to wipe the mat with. The X-mas break had rolled in and I had convinced myself that I should quit the team.
I had confided in Jake that I was done and I couldn't take the losing and dieting anymore. Jake would have none of that. He basicly told me that he would kick my a** if I quit and when that didn't work he sat me down and very quietly told me that he was having the same doubts as me. He told me that wrestling was tough and you had to be tough just to make it through. That simple little talk gave me the confidence to finish the year. As if that wasn't enough you have to consider that I was a senior and he was a junior and he had his own stuggles that season. To take the time to prop up a teammate even when he was struggling is the mark of a quality human being.

Jake had gone through some very tough times over the past year, but through it all he maintain his trademark offbeat sense of humor. The Wahoo Wrestling community will be much the less without him. R.I.P. Jake. you will be missed...

"No Lincoln, No attendence. The Great Qwest Boycott continues."
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Jake's family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Deepest sympathies from the Yutan Wrestling Program.

Rick Henry

Rookie
I've known Jake since we played baseball against each other; he at Ceresco and I at Greenwood. Always had great respect for Jake as a friend and competitor. I will miss him

Jason Nichelson
Ashland-Greenwood