Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Officiating and to Kearney Mat Cat
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Officiating and to Kearney Mat Cat Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The match Frank Ryan is telling about was me-I have since paid special attention to this official and he always does the same thing-he blows the whistle, moves over to his knees then slaps the mat.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by scrambler:
Some good posts about Mr. Siddens I was forunate to have him as my HS coach. Mr. Siddens was probably one of the greatest motivators I have ever been around. Our practices were full of him telling us stories of past greats he had coached it was awesome.

Scrambler--

Who are you? I have followed the Wahawks for a long time?

If you don't want to blow you cover email me: frank-ryan@cox.net.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by oldcoach:
Frank,

I'm getting old. You are right it was Bob Siddens. I knew when I was typing it didn't sound right. Siddens was something else. I remember another time when I was coaching during a match. I thought that the other wrestler was being a little more aggressive than I thought was necessary and we had to take an injury timeout. Coach Siddens was the ref and during the match and while the trainers were taking care of our wrestler(this was before the rule which allowed you to coach your kid during the injury timeout) I expressed my concern about the roughhouse style of wrestling that injured my kid. Coach Siddens calmly replied, "Well Coach wrestling is a rough tough sport." End of quote, end of discussion. Looking back now I smile at his calm demeanor during this entire episode.

Old coach--

Who are you and where did you coach in Iowa? Bob Siddens and I worked quite a few tournaments together. I hope I didn't cheat you. If you don't want to blow your cover email me: frank-ryan@cox.net.
Junior Varsity
Frank I sent you an email.