Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Who is the best class A Coach

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Who is the best class A Coach Login/Join

<JR>
posted   Report This Post  

Question:
Fill in your choice now!

Choices:
Doug Denson
Marty McCurdy
Jeff Kupfer
Tom McCann
Curlee Alexander

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
This is a tough call! All are excellent and accomplished coaches. Coach Alexander is definitely and by far the most accomplished. Coach McCurdy looks to be starting a Dynasty of his own. Coach McCan is very accomplished and has one of the top and most consistent programs around. Coach Kupfer has done a great job at PL. He has been on top before and looks to have a shot to get there again. Coach Denson has been very successful at every school he has coached at and has built his program at MS into one that looks to challenge for the top spot for the next several years at least. If your wrestlers are going to match up against a wrestlter coached by any of these guys you better have them ready to get after it!!!
<JMC>
Coach Braun is the best coach
<Smithsingle>
I would have to say that coach McCann has paved the way for Nebraska wrestling. The success he has had at Kearney is unprecidented, and coaches such as McCurdy and Denson have learned a lot from him. McCann has the ability to make decent teams amazing, and that is always hard to do. As far as right now is concerned, I believe McCurdy is doing the best work. He doesn't emphasize winning nearly as much as he emphasize being a person of character, and that shows the sign of a great man. He, and many other coaches, are terrific molders of men.
<DJ>
First of all......Curlee should not be listed because he is no longer a head coach. If you count past coaches, then you would have to count all those great coaches from the beginning of wrestling. I just don't think that is what the poll is about. Then you have to define what a good coach is. All the guys listed here on this list are really good in their own way. I wouldn't mind having any of these guys coach my kid!
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Hey Crouch,
Which Braun are you talking about? As I recall, I coached you more than my brother did at UNL's team camp this summer. Where's the love, man???
<Aaron Denson>
I think that Doug Denson is the worst coach in the state because he dont know any moves and he is too old and is too lazy to work hard. Also Mike Braun is also a lousy excuse for a coach. Just look at what he does during duals, kicks chairs, cusses, and yells at the ref. His coaching certificate should be taken away
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Hey, I would kill my son if he used grammar like you do, whoever you are. We English folks insist that our offspring write well and use good language skills. Obviously you are missing much of that upbringing. The other thing is that Aaron doesn't post on here. While it is my style, it certainly his NOT his style. So strike 2. Now for the strike out. Aaron and I both have a deep respect for the coaching ability of Mike Braun. He is an awesome coach with great passion! His kids wrestle well because he is at the helm. So, I guess it is strike 3.

Now about my coaching ability. Well, I guess I don't know many moves (lol) but that is why I hire guys like Jay Meneely (smile)

Oh, and Joe Ellenberger is an honor student, so I am not sure he could have written such drivel either... (Hey, NWI, I used one of your words. I am now blessed - yeah, I used DRIVEL!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
...you'd have used that word long before I pulled it out. I guess I was more, um, how do you say...verbose? LOL