Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    14th Annual Tournament of Champions
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
14th Annual Tournament of Champions Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
how did poprocki beat tyler?
Junior High
I believe Poprocki decisioned Tyler 12-5. He punished Tyler with his leg ride and power half. At one point Tyler had Casey on his back but Casey managed to counter and put Tyler on his back.

I hear Tyler is a good kid, he's also young and very athletic, but he probably needs to spend a little time in the weight room. I'm sure he'll be tough next year.
Rookie
Does anyone have any info on this poprocki kid?
I have heard a lot about his legs and his instant decision to take "top"..is he the real deal?
Rookie
Why don't you look in the mirror for more info instead of trying to get yourself patted on the back by fishing for compliments on this website?
Rookie
JOH The kid is my nephew..it is very rare that i get a chance to hear how he is doing in sports. I heard patriot make a nice post and wondered if he knew anything else about him. sorry if you are offended by that
Junior High
Rookie
Maybe Tyler did not wrestle well, but I think it is more evidence of how weak 160 was in the state of Nebraska then Paprocki being good. I did not realize that Paprocki was only 16 and he should have a decent future ahead of him. Again though the 160 state champ barely sneaking by Grant Harrill who did not even wrestle this year and then losing to a 171 non-placer 11-6 is evidence that the weight class was not very difficult.
Rookie
Chris wrestled in a much tougher tournament the day before. Liberty nationals. He lost to fiala first round and wrestled all the way back to take third and there was some very tough kids there. Chris and the guys didn't get back till really late that night and probably got only a couple hours of sleep. Casey is a tough kid but i know first hand that chris was not wrestling his best.
Junior High
Congratulations Chris for a job well done at Liberty Nationals. Tough bracket!

High School 160 Monte Schmalhaus UT Champion
High School 160 Mark Fiala NE 2nd
High School 160 Chris Tyler NE 3rd
High School 160 Jobi Hambrick MO 4th
High School 160 Seth Esaias IA 5th

High School 160 Christian Wyatt MO 6th
Rookie
Picture of warria_189
quote:
Originally posted by doctorPAPstriker:
Does anyone have any info on this poprocki kid?
I have heard a lot about his legs and his instant decision to take "top"..is he the real deal?

Yes. I work with Casey in practice. He is a member of the Inside The Circle club and that is the highest place in Westside to be. You have to have a certain amount of tournament places, a certain amount of wins, and a lot of other things too. Casey also beat out Brandon Robinette, the returning varsity guy at 171, to wrestle varsity. Casey also plans to wrestle 171 next year as well. He is very good on top, and he loves to sicsor the mid-section and he can punish you on top. In my opinion, yes he is the real deal. The kid is pretty good and will be looking to take state next year.

Warrior: an image symbolizing one aspect of a great force, that if handeled properly, can win you many battles, but if neglected, can rise up and be your nemesis
-Bruce Lee