Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    NU vs Mizzou
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NU vs Mizzou Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I thought they anounced 3252 as the attendance. But then we were in the nose bleads. The team loved it!

Coach Aschoff
Rookie
I had my DVR set and it timed off just as Oliver was coming out to wrestle, thank God! Didn't have to watch him loose again. Needs to take a lesson from Brester!
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
Big Eagle,
I may be wrong on the attendance. I was pretty tired when I was watching the dual. You may be right!!

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!
Rookie
Last night on the broadcast the announcers said 2000+, but the paper this morning is closer to Big Eagle's number.
Novice
Picture of stormfan
Big Eagles number is right, almost 3300 people. Alot of youth wrestling clubs in attendance, plus several high school teams that had meets on Friday. Crowd was really into the dual, oohs and aahs all the time. Bresters match was great back and forth 2 great wrestlers.
Bo drew a crowd from the kids when he walked in, they were wanting his autograph.
Rookie
They showed Sadler, Osborne on TV as well. Do you suppose Osborne is encouraging this type of support by the coaches? It is great to see.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
Burroughs reminded me a bit of Bryan Snyder as far as takedown speed. Is Snyder still coaching at NU? B Snyder is still my favorite Husker wrestler, so fun to watch.

I always thought it was because of Snyder that they changed the OT rules in college wrestling. Since he was clearly the best in the country 2 straight years ... and got ripped off both years in the finals due to the OT rules. The Becker match was the worst; he didn't even make the finals the next year, yet was the "champion" over Snyder. What a bad joke that was. The Williams match wasn't much better; with him diving out of bounds something like 5 times to avoid takedowns. Years later; still makes me sick to think about those matches.
Rookie
Picture of ShampooIsBetter
ya it was a great dual Huskers showed who the dominate team. The SEC might be the dominate confrence in football but its a toss up for Wrestling Big 12 or Big 10 i say the Big 12 Oklahoma State Iowa State and Nebraska no better places to be