New
Find
Notify
Tools
HUDL Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of Vader
posted   Report This Post  
I was wondering if any coaches are using Hudl for wrestling. Just curious if the features for wrestling make it worth the money.

We use Hudl for football and it is well worth the money imo. Just looking for some feedback before I spend the money for myself. Thanks.
Junior High
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
WE use it. Email me

thodges@esu4.org

Relentless
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
We are using it this year......... I need to get the video upload perfected with the new flip video camera....... I'm excited to see how it works!

Rick Henry

Rookie
I used it for football and really liked it. I went ahead and got it for wrestling. We have been using it to record practices so far and then I can break down the practices with comments and have them watch it at their own time. I am curious to see the differences between football and wrestling. My players loved it for football.
Novice
What does it cost? What are the features you like?
Junior High
Picture of Vader
Hey Never Resting, I was wondering if you were tired yet? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, I was wondering if you would email me. I still have a question about that grant. Thanks.

jstrong@esu3.org
Rookie
I think cost is $800 per year or $400 if you have you have another program using HUDL. We were a pilot school for it a few years ago and they have been pretty good to us.

The reason I like it is it allows me to be a better coach. I video a lot of practices and then will break down the practices. At practice I can only give feedback to one person at a time. With HUDL I can provide feedback to every person on every drill if I wanted to. The comments section of HUDL is what makes it such a good tool. I can circle, highlight, and write text right on the film. If a kid isn't sure when to do a move to an opponent, you can pause at the moment and just write snap or drag.

They can watch the film at school, home, etc. It's all online and therefore I don't have to burn or copy DVDs for family members. All the film is organized online, and makes scouting easy. No longer do I have to find the DVD, find the tournament, fast forward to a certain match. The kids have it all at their fingertips. I have quite a few single parents out of state that can watch their kids as soon as I upload the video.

You can get a 30-day trial and see if you like it. You can use "therontroxel" and get a 10% discount off the price. (And I of will get a little kickback for recommending it to another coach Smile).