Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Aquinas,East Butler, and David City

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Aquinas,East Butler, and David City Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of Ringworm
posted   Report This Post  
What are the results of this?

Moses
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I don't have all the individual results but Aquinas beat DC, and East Butler beat both DC and Aquinas. I believe the big matchup between EB and Aquinas had a final team score of 37 - 28. The place was deffinately rocking.
Rookie
Can someone post individual results of Aquinas EastButler plus other duals
Rookie
three of the bigger matches were at the lighter weights with d.c aquinas's ben kranda bpinning magrath of e.b at 103, douglas daro handed zitek one of his few losses of his career in an overtime match at 112, and at 119 havlovic from e.b beat skrdla of aquinas by 7 or 8 pts. All of these were very good matches
Rookie
Krand Aquinas pinned Magrath of E.B.
Daro Aquinas 4-2 over Zitek E.B. IN OT
Havlovic E.B 7-0 over Skrdla Aquinas

These were the three better matches of the dual, dont quite remeber how some of the other matches turned out
Rookie
aquinas did not wrestle there best and yet they almost beat e.b. but still great job to both teams.
Rookie
Picture of superman_130
Jake Romshek (AQ) pinned Corey Wallroff (E.B.)
-3rd Period
Dustin Payne (E.B.) MD over Matt Croghan (AQ)
Erik Payne (EB) wins by forfeit
Kyle Wasser(EB) pinned Nick Rech(AQ)-1st period
Dustin McGee (EB) wins by forfeit
Cody McGee (EB) dec. T.J. Glock (AQ) 5-0
Andrew Daro (A) MD Jordan Jisa (EB)
Adam Pekarek (EB) dec. Adam Karipisek (A)
Luke Coufal (A) dec. Time Wright (EB)
Scott Heiser(EB) wins by forfeit
Brent Fiala (A) pinned Zac Smith (EB)
Rookie
"aquinas did not wrestle there best and yet they almost beat e.b. but still great job to both teams."

you can say the same about east butler but yet they still beat aquinas
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by Batman1234:
aquinas did not wrestle there best and yet they almost beat e.b. but still great job to both teams.

I disagree. EB could have easily scored more points.

125 - Corey Wallroff (EB) almost pinned Jake Romshek in the 2nd period and was ahead in points when he made a mistake and got pinned in the 3rd.

275 - East Butler's Josh Hlavac who's still rated 3rd was out with a knee injury. From watching Brent Fiala (AQ) I think that would have been a 12 point swing in team points here if Josh is healthy. No disrespect to Brent meant.

103 - EB got a little cute here and moved their normal 103 wrestler, Devin Zitek (rated #2 at 103) up to 112 to try and beat AQ's Doug Daro who's rated #4 at 112. If Zitek wrestles 103, he'd most likely have pinned AQ's 103 wrestler. Evening out the 6 points AQ probably would have still gotten at 112. This would have taken 3 points away from AQ's final team points.

To be fair, I'm not aware of any problems out of the ordinary that AQ had but if my math is correct and those 4 matches went the other way like I pointed out then instead of EB winning 37 - 28, EB wins by as much as 55 - 13.

37 - 28
103 EB +6 AQ -6
43 - 22
112 EB +0 AQ +3
43 - 25
125 EB +6 AQ -6
49 - 19
275 EB +6 AQ -6
55 - 13

I'm not taking anything away from Aquinas here just backing up how well EB did to win as it happened. AQ had 3 open weight classes which is sad but all 3 of those weight classes from EB have tough wrestlers there 145 from EB would have been Cody McGee #1 if they would have had to wrestle. This would have given AQ a better chance to score some points at 152 then though as well as Glock from AQ would have been matched up against Dusty Pond from EB instead of Cody McGee. Erik Payne at 135 is rated #6 and Scott Heiser has been wrestling very well at 215.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John3200,
Rookie
it can go both ways jonh3200, 160 daro shoulda pinned his kid, aquinas 119 coulda beat there kid, ross janak 152 was a huge loss when he got hurt, him and McGee would be a great match, nick rech didnt wrestle his best and that meister kid coulda beat there tim write. but it goes both ways and who cares its over!!!