New
Find
Notify
Tools
Wrasslin Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Since your email address appeared to be spoofed (it was returned when I replied) I'll just post this on here. While I think you have some good ideas in regards to wrestling in this state, I'm tired of the personal attacks on people and one person in particular on here. Last warning-anymore personal attacks and you won't be back here. Ever.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank You !

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Rookie
Picture of St.Nick
Thank God!!!!
Novice
Then HB...if you are going to put your foot down, make sure that others are following the same rules. DO you think the picture of the African American fellow with the beers is racists? I do and so do several others. Yet one of your moderators posts it on here and that other chap makes some innapropriate comments which are all good in your eyes! You can not have it both ways...maybe other citizen watch groups would like to see what the Nebraska Wrestling community thinks is funny!

I will follow the rules as long as you enforce them for everyone!
Novice
Is he looting or just saving his bottle collection? If he were white, would you have made it all about being poor, black and in need of beer?

This is just one example! If you need more, just look at some of the posts over the years! This forum is very racist!

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
HB, actually I think you CAN have it both ways, you can have it all ways, its yours! Dumping the race card is a new low even for a troll, denigrating the integrity and character of the moderator is even lower. The troll's response to your warning evidences no let up whatsoever in his mission, how could a rational response include a warning of its own? From the initial few replies, you already have in hand the collective forum consensus. Blackballing happens all day every day on open internet forums, usually those cut off can actually apply to be reinstated sometime later. Usually they are not given a probationary period 'before' being cut off. It feels like the forum wants to come back to life now that season is soon to come, it will not do so, IMO, with the presence of this troll.

World Champion
Picture of NWI
Couldn't have said it better myself, TK. Lord knows I tried several times...but you da' man.

And HB...this is your board. If people can't play by the rules, then blackball them and block out any and all IP addresses they can hook into. And to he** with the warnings...next one gets out of line, nuke 'im. (That includes me, BTW)

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
HB,
I have been away for a while now and have seen this chap you all speak of posts. I do not condone or endorse his personal attacks. Having said that! Some of what he says does make sense, and do cause one to think about certian subjects. (when he is actually comenting on wrestling) but those comments are very few and far between. Obviously is computer literate, has a very good grasp of the english language, and seems well educated.
Well SIR I for one feel sorry for you! You seem to go thru life (on this board anyway) with a real chip on your shoulder and it must be difficult to get out of bed every morning knowing that you really must not like yourself, and have to go to an internet website message board and try and bring others down to your low self esteem level. I would support you in your opinons if you would just stay away from attacking everyone and have a positive comment once in a while, give it a chance you find out you like yourself for doing it. I know others would.
Now before you attack me know this! I support this web site, what it stands for and those that run it and moderate it. I do this not only as a once in a while contributor but also financialy. I am right there on a banner add every time you come to the site. So do not go off on some tangent about who I am and where have I been and so forth. I put my money where my mouth is, OK!
HB give the guy a week to come up with something positive and stay away from the attacks and if he continues wack him!

hawk

Novice
I would expect nothing else from TK, NWI, Anarchist, and RR. The four of you would be better off with your own site! You feed off each other. The minute any attention is drawn to either of you for your ignorant posts, then it is a travesty, wrestling basher, troll, etc!

It is interesting that when I call on some of the issues with these fellas, they all get defensive. Get s tougher skin or don’t make ignorant posts. NO one cares about your child abuse, drinking issues, racist attitudes, etc.

This is HB's site, but to be fair and not just going along with some of these characters, he has to recognize that this is an open board, and anyone can get on it! I am not a troll, just the protagonist!

I have good comments that lead to great discussion. But since this site has gone without anonymous posts, it has fallen off dramatically! Those numbers do not lie! Just shows you that a public board must be public, if not, let those pals get a chat room and serve there needs that way!
State Champion
Picture of deano
This is a wrestling site so talk about it. Otherwise ignore his personal attacks and be the bigger man. He obviously is no better than Jim Rome (in real life JR is hilarious) Seriously though there are about three to four people acting like they are three or four. Ignore him, and if you have to HB get rid of him. I am sure it isn't going to hurt anyone's feeling.

Just an opinion

Josh Dean

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
hello Hawk, good to hear from you. I'm sorry, if he has a message it is lost on me. Thanks for your continued support of wrestling and of Huskermat!

World Champion
Picture of NWI
You want to know something, Wrasslin? I have no problem with having my point argued, here or in any other forum. That's one of the beauties about living in this great land of ours...we have the right to express our opinions and challenge those we believe are incorrect.

My opinion is not the end-all of a paritcular topic. I may be dead-on with my comments, and I may be out in left field. Either way, I'm a big boy, and if I'm wrong on something and the mistake is pointed out to me, I will gladly admit the error of my ways and learn from the mistakes I make.

The problem with you, however, is that you lower the discussion into the realm of personal attacks. You have attacked my character, my family, my employment, my commitment to the sport and just about anything else that your narrow little mind can grasp. It's one thing to be critical of another's take on a particular topic. But to attack that individual from a personal angle is something altogether different.

It is people like you that are not only bad for the sport of wrestling, but deter open-minded, free-thinking individuals like those you have criticized from becoming a part of the discussion. RR, TK and Anarchist have more intelligence, more integrity and -- most important -- more cajones to publicly stand behind the things they post here than you could ever hope to conjure.

And if you have a problem with that...why don't YOU start your own board and invite only those who want to attack the character and livelihood of others and leave this board to those of us who would much rather carry on a more noble discussion about the sport that you have publicly put down and, for all intents and purposes, ostracized yourself from.

I am Aht...

Junior High
quote:
NO one cares about your child abuse, drinking issues, racist attitudes, etc.

Well... Apparently YOU do or you wouldn't be making such comments.

In all honesty, you know nothing about the people you criticize.

FIRST OF ALL: HOW DARE YOU CALL ME RACIST!!??? I have biracial nieces and nephews and love them dearly. I have had more exposure to racial and cultural diversity in three months than you have probably had your entire life! I have made black, white, hispanic, Thai, Japanese, Korean, Pacific Island plus quite a few more friends of varying ethnicity in my travels. Poke your face back in that post and find any reference to race other than the picture of a black man floating a container of beer... What if that person were white? Would those pictures have been funny/acceptable to you then?

I treat wrestlers, coaches, and fans with the same respect or disdain they show me. I joke and laugh with the same people and make just a little more sport out of this sport.

Call me ignorant? I don't know most of the kids or coaches people talk about on this post because I choose NOT to. I must admit, there are a few that stick out that have made an impact on me one way or another. Keeping my distance doesn't make me ignorant, it simply keeps me objective. I have voiced my opinions on rules, have the rules book to back me up and have called on the ref bashers to put up or shut up. When was the last (first) time you took the test?

Tell me to get thicker skin? I have been cussed out, yelled at and spit on from point blank range by people much better than you. I have been called names that would make sailors blush and still come back for more, although the best butt chewings I ever got were the ones that never came.

My reward? Having a coach, a wrestler or a parent come up, shake my hand and thank me for participating in the sport and telling me that I had done a good job that day. Listening to a mother at wits end thank me for looking out for her injured/bleeding son. Watching a losing wrestler graciously offering his hand or a hug to the victor... Some things are definitely more important than money... The money is just the bonus plan.

Where will I be in December? Back on the mat with the rest of the zebras. Where will YOU be?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: anarchist,
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Hi All,

I have been reading some of these posts on and off for awhile now. At the risk of being roasted alive, I will wage in with a post (I know, at my own risk). Anyway, I want to represent a middle of the road opinion. I doing so, I don't represent any camp in this argument; I just represent my own thoughts.

1. This is an open forum. I believe that if people don't want it to be open, then they can go to the "Insiders Forum" for a more subdued climate; after all, you paid for it. I thought the insiders area was for "just that?"

2. The rules are stated at the top. If you all need a more restrictive rule base, then agree upon what they should be; once doing so, then print them clearly for all to see. Right now the rules are vague, hence, hard to enforce.

3. If the moderators see something that oversteps the boundaries, they can delete it at any time which makes sense to me. Deleted, then nobody can read them.

4. This might be sticky; I sure don't want it to cause trouble, but if I read my journalism book correctly, there is some mention of public figures and of course criticism. People like Rock stars or TV stars are public figures in the public eye. Media and others are given more latitude in criticizing these folks because they are in the public eye. I see it the same way for Mike and others who are in the public eye and who have used print medium to make their lives public. In doing so, you do open yourself to criticism.

5. If you are looking at this situation from a law standpoint; you would have to ask yourself this question?????? Does any of this meet the standard of libel or slander? Do any of these posts or words meet the definition (legal) of malicious or bare malicious intent? Do any of these posts (no matter who posts them) damage a person's reputation in a way that causes them to be lowered in the eyes of the community and therebye causing them pain, grief, or loss of financial gain? This goes for everyone on the site? If you look at it legally and anyone posting has crossed this line, then and only then should they be banned.

I am not saying I am right, but rather, I am throwing out food for thought for all of you.

Peace!
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
A friend just emailed me, and I feel I need to be clear about my stance: I don't care what the rules are for the forum but they need to be clear, and they need to be applied fairly no matter who is posting. This goes for Mike or Wrasslin or me. Nobody should be above the law or rules. What Wrasslin has done to the site is this. He skirts the law but stays within the vague guidelines of the law. Then he uses anything and everything against posters in here. If a poster has skirted the law or gotten away with something, it only allows Wrasslin to do the same.
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
I am not sure it fits in this discussion or not, but it seems to be a lot of negative talk, feelings especially of a critical nature about who is right or wrong.

Just made me think of what my pop says once in awhile, there was only one perfect man to walk this earth and we crucified him.

I guess when posting grapplin man talked about legal issues, I would say apply a variation of the Golden Rule. If you wouldn't want it posted about you don't post it about someone else

Just my $.02.
Novice
It is good to see you take a stance on the issue. I appreciate your opinion grapplinman, but I do not need to have the law explained to me. I am able to post freely on an open site and share my opinions just like everyone else. That is the purpose of this site. The problem lies in the fact that some of these guys get their feelings hurt and then want to ban anything and everyone with a different view than theirs. I for one enjoy a good smack talk session that gets to the topic that is being discussed. If you can not stand up for your belief and at the same time understand that there will be some anti-sentiment sent your way while you defend it, then you should go the insiders forum. But we all know that this is where the action is and this is what draws us to this site!

When you have an open site, you talk any and all that come aboard! All a person has to do is change their IP address and they are back on…So if you want an opposing view that is what you will get.

I will be posting my positive approach agenda for the state wide meeting very soon! IF you want to be positive, lets see you get on board and make some changes in this state!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
As I said previously, Wrasslin -- my problem is not with you disagreeing with me, but with your personal attacks. You have gone out of your way to attack me personally and doing little, if anything, in the way of truly advancing the cause of wrestling in Nebraska.

Your track record doesn't leave a lot of hope for this meeting actually happening, but I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that it will come about and will be happy to be a part of any positive discussion about this sport.

Junior High
I quote "The problem lies in the fact that some of these guys get their feelings hurt and then want to ban anything and everyone with a different view than theirs. I for one enjoy a good smack talk session that gets to the topic that is being discussed."

Herein lies the problem. Smack talk is rarely going to get to the topic. To make an argument you must make a valid point. Smack talk is character defamation. It is one of the fallacies of debate. Bringing up weak points in someones life will in no way make a valid point toward any argument.
I agree, some have brought their weaknesses out for scrutiny. But attacks on high school wrestlers, ie McKims, McCoy and in general (see the wrestlers are thugs post) in no way are going to help our cause here.

Let's approach it in a more positive light. How about, Where is there an area that we can affect change in sportsmanship in wrestling?

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Coach Gocke only references a short list attributable to the troll, its much longer. If the troll could now somehow surface as anyone of any level of notoriety, he would instantly be discredited by a long list of mistakes archived here on this forum forever. How could it be remotely possible he could rise now as anything remotely legitimate?, think about it; he's a troll. Coach D., do your research on trolls, then come back. Mike C., you in particular have absolutely no reason to soften up by now offering benefit of doubt, the insiders has an image and clear definition of what you are dealing with; just in case you need a reminder. I don't see 'law' being much applicable to this forum, the rules are clearly stated, however its not a democracy here, rules can be applied however, whenever, to whomever, no explanation or vote required. A very high percentage of traffic here agrees 100% with the actions of the moderator to date. If all of you " racist, alcoholic, child abusers " want him to stay, remember you have to feed him 24/7, he's a troll. 'RACA' will implement a small fee structure based on number of meals and quality of food you offer him; membership cards will be available soon. Big Grin Roll Eyes

Correction, I meant to say ' racist moderator '! Big Grin