Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    And no its not a misprint
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
And no its not a misprint Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
You would think that after being pushed by McGruder that Vacanti would want to first show up for practice and second prove something against an undefeated third rank kid in the state who had just picked up his 100th win.
Rookie
Ahhhhhh the trials and tribulations of a champion sometimes start from those who are from his own camp...meaning is he missing practice due to a valid reason or is that just a jab because he is so good ? I find it hard to believe he misses too many practices...I mean he seems to be a dedicated and hard working wrestler. Hard for me to say though.

Winning state is only 1/50th of the equation.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
I can't comment on recently; but I think Matt Vacanti normally outworks everybody. His success has been well earned. I expect this is just a blip on the radar for him.

I wouldn't take anything away from Nate Koenig though; I saw him wrestle last year and he was rock solid in his technique. I was surprised he didn't finish higher at state. Nate is a very fine wrestler and a force to be reckoned with.
Rookie
My comment should not be taken as an jab or insult to Vacanti but simply as an observation. I was surprised to see the comments from his coach that he had missed practice because you don't get to the level Vacanti is without being a very hard worker.
Rookie
The reason for Vacanti missing the Creighton Prep tourney was because of the practices he missed. As for him wrestling at nationals, he will be wrestling 140 becuase in order for him to wrestle 135 at national he has to wrestle 135 at state, but he can't wrestle 135 at state because he already certified at 140.
Rookie
Unless they have changed the rules at Senior Nationals, the last post is incorrect. You don't have to wrestle at the weight you wreslted at your respective state tournament, you can wrestle at a lower weight if you certified at that lower weight. The last time I was at Senior nationals, I witnessed several kids using this to their advantage.
Rookie
Thanks for the rules correction the earlier post was based off of what was previously posted. Best of luck to Matt for the rest of the year and at the nationals.
Rookie
anyone have complete results?
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
quote:
Originally posted by justwrestle:
Unless they have changed the rules at Senior Nationals, the last post is incorrect. You don't have to wrestle at the weight you wreslted at your respective state tournament, you can wrestle at a lower weight if you certified at that lower weight. The last time I was at Senior nationals, I witnessed several kids using this to their advantage.

I believe the rule was changed according to their website. The following was copied from the website:

"Weight Classes

103, 112, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, 275

There will be one weigh-in for the entire event with a 3-pound weight allowance example: 103 weight class will be 106 pounds

You cannot enter a weight class below the lowest weight class you wrestled during your senior year in either the State Duals or individual State Championships at the end of the year. However, you can enter the same weight or any weight class higher than the one you wrestled your senior year in either the State Duals or individual State Championships at the end of the year."
State Qualifier
Thanks for the info. Well done.
Rookie
Picture of KradleKid
Location: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=49637&id=637660393
Yeah thanx coach.
Rookie
Every wrestler has taken a fall but Vacanti handled it well. Understandably, Koenig was excited to say the least. It's an honor to be rated #1 or 5th in the state but also a pain. There's always someone out there finding something to start talk and trouble. If Vacanti missed practice it was for a good reason - is there anyone that has not missed a practice for whatever reason? Isn't it more important to worry about your own wrestling than someone else?
Junior High
I would like to say that Matt's defeat is a lesson in humility, but, I think that anyone who has encountered him knows what a fine, humble, down-to-earth, young man he is and does not need such a lesson.

This just took a speculation/expectation monkey off his back, and his character will determine the rest of his season.
Rookie
To wrestling friend:
This was the FIRST week that Vacanti had been to every practice and that is why he was allowed to wrestle. I have been told by a member of Papio's team that he missed AT LEAST 2 practices per week every week. I personally thought it was kind of bush league for Vacanti to blast Koenig for his celebration. He is the number one ranked wrestler in the UNITED STATES! Koenig isn't supposed to be ecstatic to win this match!
Novice
Vacanti is showing his true colors. How can a kid in Nebraska beat him? He is in fact one of the top kids in the nation. What I like is that Kupfer is not allwoing him to wrestle when he misses practices. That says alot about a coach when he sits his star becasue he puts himself above the team. Matt needs to re-evaluate his situation and put himself in the best possible situation for success. He is too good to let this all go down the drain!
Rookie
Just curious didnt wrasslin loose all credibility along time ago? Does he really think anyone cares what he has to say? Maybe you should just get lost????
Rookie
Picture of BEAST
what is that all about?
Novice
I was stating that in todays age...there is at least one coach out there that will not let his prize athlete run-a-muck in the organization. Matt needs to realize that the choices he is making right now are hurting his performance on the mat. He has to refocus on his goals and get back in the fold. That is all!
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Wrasslin:
Vacanti is showing his true colors.

Wrasslin, What did you mean by that?

To everyone out there....I think we should quit speculating on what's going on in Matt's life and in the wrestling room. Let his coach do his job and Matt will have to chose the road he travels.

Just because someone in Nebraska finally got Matt doesn't mean we can all pile on now.

Good luck to Matt and I hope everything works out for you.

"Present actions dictate future results"
Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
Come on guys, he lost ONE match. It can happen to anybody. Let it rest now.