Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    snow days vs wrestling practice?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
snow days vs wrestling practice? Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
How many of you had practice when school was called off because of snow?

Do you think that there should be practice at the school when school is canceled?

What about safety? Confused
<Guest>
No, there should be no school activities at all if school is called off for bad weather. Years ago, school was called off in North Bend due to the snow and bad weather, but the basketball team had practice and a young man was killed. Does anyone think there should be practice? If it is too bad to drive for your education, it's too bad to drive for practice.
<Guest>
Our school has a policy that you can't practice or have open gym when school is called for snow. I agree with this 100%.
<Guest>
well that is not a problem at lex, because we never get school cancled! Mad
Rookie
Picture of PJNingen
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
here in St. Paul. Which I agree with. Makes it tough to get ready for the Red Raider Invite missing two days of practice, but we all are dealing with the same situation.
Rookie
If school is cancelled you shouldnt have practice at school, but you can always call up your teammates and go workout if the weathers not to bad.
<Guest>
might as well have practice, maybe it shouldnt be manditory but if you can come then come helps keep the weight down. im all for it
<cannibal>
kids these days arn't just goin to sit around the house and watch the snow fall, they'll be leavin the house, whether to go to a friends, or to practice, mys well have em practice, but i agree, shouldn't be mandatory
Rookie
I told my boys they were outta school for a reason.... to scoop my driveway and then it is off to practice! HA! And if they didn't have practice, build a snowman and practice with it! (I am such a mean mamma!)
Roll Eyes

Who's saying is it... To be the best you have to beat the best.. well, you ain't gonna git'er done watching TV and playin' Playstation!
<Guest>
i beleive it should be the coaches decision, if a kid has enough notice why cant he car pool with someone and drive slow, you just need to be careful. i do agree that you can always work out with another wrestler if practice is canceled, but someone needs to be there to open the doors to the school (since most of us dont have mats at out houses) and that means a coach has to be there for live wrestling i think. so that may be hard for some to do.
<W1I3L5L>
we always have practice, its not "manditory" tho
<Guest>
at cp, we were gonna have practice, our a.d. said we couldnt. i dont see why we couldnt, i mean we had to drive home in the mess after school, it would be the same after practice. besides, it isnt snowing in the wrestling room
<titan_faithful>
I feel that schools should be allowed to have practice. But here in Hebron some kids can not make it so practice shouldn't be manditory. But if you get out of school early you should have practice that is manditory.
<d03boy>
Seward won't let anyone have practice on snow days, no matter what. And we get school called even when it's not very crappy out. Now people who have to cut 10 lbs might be SOL.
<Guest>
Snow days do suck, but i think that if there is no school, that there should be no practice. If you want to get some kind of a workout in, then you can go outside and scoop snow or something. But i do agree that if there is no practice, that the people that have to lost a lot of weight should be allowed a pound for everyday off school. This is not the case in the tourney i will be in Sat. Feb. 7th.
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
NO SCHOOL SHOULD MEAN NO PRACTICE....Too much of a liability. Yes it sucks, but better to be safe than sorry!
<cannibal>
aurora tried to get 2 pounds for our conference tournament, due to schools being snowed out, and knowing kids from each town were having trouble, but our AD who has never cut a pound in his life said we couldn't
<d03boy>
Will you please punch your AD for me?

Edit: Better yet, just point him out to me so I can do it myself.

Edit Again: Even better yet, maybe I'll find the person who won't let us have practice and punch them in the face. I get violent when I'm hungry.

Last Edit: And thirsty.
<Fred>
maybe if the boys didn't hog out all day when they were out of school, or worked out 3 or 4 times during the day on their own istead of watching the tube or flapping their gums on a message board, they wouldn't need an extra pound.

ya think?
<cannibal>
theres a difference between hogging out and eatin regularly, not have school 3 days in a row before a meet does take its toll, it knocks you out of your groove of cutting weight, it does make it tougher