Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Battle Creek Districts

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Battle Creek Districts Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of Loosvelt
posted   Report This Post  
I feel like the Districts at Battle Creek were so well run they deserved their own thread.

Congratulation to Coach Wintz, Thompson and Kreikemeir, and to Jeff Heimes, Greg Wemhoff and Jay Bellar and everyone who helped run the C-2 district tournament.

The facilities were fantastic. The schedule was great for wrestling, it was over in great time but was given the amount of attention that a district tournament deserves. People were helpful and the hospitality room was fantastic!

Go Dragons!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
They do a good job in Battle Creek. The only thing I don't like about BC is the lighting in the gymnasium. I've been in coat closets than had more light than that gym.

That's not a knock on the people who run things there, though...they do a great job with their own tournament and I'm sure a lot of the same folks were in the mix at districts.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Thanks Kenny and NWI. We really do have a great facility and a bunch of great "wrestling people" who just plain love to help out.

Our lighting used to be an issue. We replaced our old lights in late January that significantly improved the visibility.

Our gym and parking lot have never back that packed. Our administration had a great idea to use our school vans to transport people to and from their vehicles, which I know a lot of people were grateful for.

The best part of the whole tournament though was our hospitality room. We have a mother who prepared 3 great home-cooked meals for over 100 people. God bless her!!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Did the lights get replaced after your guys' tournament? I was covering the BC Invite for the Daily News and the lighting in there was not very good. If so, then that leaves Norfolk Catholic's gym as the darkest in the conference now that you and Wayne have "seen the light", so to speak. Big Grin

Rookie
Yes, the lights were replaced after our tournament. I agree that it was very poor before.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Cool...I look forward to shooting in there next time. Big Grin

Rookie
Districts at BC were run very very well.

We were at BC's tournament a couple years ago because of a snow make up. We decided at that time we needed to go back. This year we were at their tournament in January and the hospitality and the knowledge of the "Wrestling People" running the tournament is fatastic.

The Hospitality is great and we sure were happy to see that Districts would be there as well.

The lighting is like night and day now.

Thanks to the Battle Creek coaches and volunteers for a great experience for our wrestlers, coaches, and fans.