Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    How Bout Them HUSKERS!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How Bout Them HUSKERS!!!!!!!!!! Login/Join

<The Guru>
posted   Report This Post  
And you can't say enough about Bo Pelini, I don't know about the rest of you but I for one wouldn't mind to have him as a coach. That personal foul on him was awesome, sticking up for your team like that, that shows guts. And to all the Jamal Lord naysayers, KISS HIS BUTT!!!!! What a way to end your senior season. He probably should have had about 75+ more passing yards if our receivers catch a couple catch able balls. Anyway..........Nice job Huskers and good luck Pederson on the coaching search.
State Qualifier
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I also like Pelini.In fact I'd take him, Gill or Brown before any NFL guy.Jamal had a great game,no doubt.I do think though that he got all he could out of his passing game.On the long missed passes,one was out of bounds over the wrong shoulder and the other one I can think of was overthrown.I dont think you can blame his passing on the recievers,who usually have to do some sort of body contortion just to get a hand on the pass.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<I don't know about the rest of you but I for one wouldn't mind to have him as a coach. That personal foul on him was awesome, sticking up for your team like that, that shows guts.>>

Agree 100% The guy has a fire in the belly that I want to see in a HC. Hope SP recognizes and prizes that in a candidate.
<Guest>
that personal foul was dumb on his part bo is not ready for head coach just yet .
World Champion
Picture of NWI
If Bo isn't ready to be head coach at Nebraska, I'll eat my hat.

The guy showed the kind of fire and agressive play calling that hasn't been seen at Nebraska since...um...well, never. While he might have gone a little far in getting that PF toward the end, at least the guy had some passion and was still coaching his cajones off with 4 minutes to go.

The talking heads on radio and TV said Pederson needs to have a "WOW" kind of announcement for the new head coach. Judging from last night's effort, I think that announcement was made.

NFL coach? Overrated, boys and girls...there isn't one out there that would wow me as a Husker fan.

Go with Bo
<roughriders>
yeah,
That personal foul was dumb, for one he didn't have anything to argue over, and for another if they michigan state would have scored on that drive it would have been all his fault because if he wouldn't have got that personal foul it would have been fourth and one. I ain't saying that I don't want him as a coach, but he is gonna have to shut his mouth, thats twice this year.(once to bill snyder)
<Guest>
that personal foul could of cost them the game if state would of scored momentem would have turned their way who knows what would happen then if Bo is to be head coach he needs to control his emotions
<Guest>
Fabian Washington summed up the players vote for head coach in two letters...Bo
also the fans were chanting we want bo after the game. if sp doesn't give him the job it might be one of the biggest mistakes he will ever make. and i think we finally realized that frank was indeed still making offensive calls this season. Barney's offense looked like the nebraska of old. black and blue power running.

"WE WANT BO!!!!!"

World Champion
Picture of HB
I think Bo would make a good choice for a head coach. However, SP wants a "wow" candidate and he's going to do everything he can to bring that person in. Imagine for example that Bill Cowher is interested in coaching at Nebraska Cool
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<Imagine for example that Bill Cowher is interested in coaching at Nebraska >>

Personally; I see Bill Cowher as being a wash with Bo Pelini. I think they bring similar things to the table in terms of intensity and drive to win. Bo is certainly the younger guy with a longer coaching future ahead of him.

With any of these NFL guys; I greatly question their desire to stay at Nebraska rather than use Nebraska as a stepping stone back to the pros. I also question Nebraska's ability to pay them similar bucks that they are used to getting.

Bo Pelini might use NU as a steppingstone back to the pros; but he needs to continue to prove himself. I wouldn't mind seeing him prove his worth at Nebraska. Smile He might decide he likes the college game and the tremendous fan support that Nebraska has.

I listened to the postgame comments from Bo; and unfortunately ... sounded like he was ready to go. I think one of his last comments was "If this is the end; at least we went out as winners." Something close to that. So it sure didn't sound like he was confident that he would be sticking around.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
...let's face reality, folks -- SP is not going to hire Steve Spurrier, Bill Cowher, Dave Wannstedt or, for that matter, Vince Lombardi. No NFL coach is going to step down to the college level and coach at Nebraska. And if somebody does, it will be a short-lived scenario and we will be looking for another coach again in a few years.

Bo is the best candidate for the job and showed it last night.

Do you mean no NFL Head Coach would "step down" to the college level? It appears your insanity, Mike may be reality, too, because I see Spurrier just quit the 'skins. Never say never . . . But we have to wish it won't be so!!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
...he's not coming to Nebraska. End of discussion. Nothing to see here.
<Guest>
quiet frankly i dont think anyone here in nebraska wants spurrier as much as bo right now. Bo Pelini is the man here and Nebraska and it would be a travisty to not give him head coaching duties. From what I hear he really likes it here. Loves fan. Players love him. And he is already in the program. Sp is jus making us all wait to announce bo as the new head coach. if not SP may not have a job for long. He better hope it is a "wow" coach.
<Guest>
get ready nebraska steve spurrier just signed with nu a five year deal worth 15 mil
World Champion
Picture of NWI
...do not mix. It is advisable not to operate the former while inhaling the latter.

Or is is operating the latter while inhaling the former???
<Guest>
I think your last post NWI, was uncalled for.

Insinuating that someone is on meth for their post? Or did I just miss the infamous humor and sarcasm of one of your posts again?
<Radio guy>
where the Tampa Bay Bucs fan open's Coach Gruden's car door for him and scrapes the hell out of the bottom of the door and then asks for tickets to the game..."What do you think?"
<Guest>
mike c what took you so long i figured that post would get you going, since your such a spurrier fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
The thought that:

a) Steve Pederson would even CONSIDER bringing an egotistical, overrated blowhard like Steve Superior to Nebraska, and

b) that Steve Superior would even THINK of coming to Nebraska

has proven that the state of the Husker Nation is in complete, utter, myopic "shutdown mode."

The only thing that amazes me is that the only real quality coach in Florida -- Bobby Bowden -- hasn't been thrown into the rumor mill yet. Sure, he's up there in years, but the guy's a hell of a recruiter, very likable among the Husker Nation and the best college coach of all time.

Everybody put the Steve Superior rumor down and back slo-o-o-o-o-o-wly away, and nobody will be further embarrassed when Peterson announces the new coach.

And the sooner, the better...