Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Nebraska USA State in Grand Island
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Nebraska USA State in Grand Island Login/Join

NCAA Champion
posted   Report This Post  
I've heard several people talking about state champion versus state champion and "that would be a great match". You will get to see some of those matches at USA State.

Nebraska USA state is a one class system. The best elementary, Junior high and high school kids go there each year to compete against the best in the state. Go look on the 2008 results page and see how many state champions and medals winners were there last year. Lots of them. They will be back again.

Even elementary and junior high kids will be striving to make the Nebraska USA dual teams. Kids wanting to get to the next level will be there too. They will come to compete against the best to raise their level, even if they don't place.

Weighins the night before. Go to
www.nebraskausawrestling.org for online registration and info on the tournament. You will also find info on both dual teams too. Our new clothing package is posted also. They look cool and will be on display that weekend at the tournament.
NCAA Champion
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Lets start a list of medal winners or state qualifiers that will be there to compete.
Junior Varsity
Bump
NCAA Champion
Hey Grand Island High,

List the kids from your state championship team that will compete in this event.
NCAA Champion
Skutt,

Show some of your stuff and give us a list of competitors entering.
NCAA Champion
Let's hear it out there Central City.

Class C state champions. Who is coming from your team to wrestle the best?
NCAA Champion
Yes and how bout them Howells studs. Some of them were there last year. Maybe we will get to see some match ups everyone has been talking about.

List them on here.
NCAA Champion
Here's a list of the state qualifiers for nsaa 2009 that were at the USA State last year. Look at all the medal winners and state champions.
Garret Lambrecht - Woodriver
Kavon Jones - Explor
Jeff Green - OakCraig
Austin Wilson - StCecillia
Kevin Smith - Central City
Caleb Franklin - T-H
Tyrell Galloway - Team Galloway
Joe Tickle - Hastings
Cody Green - Team Galloway
RaVaughn Perkins - Explor
Kurt Ruh - Madison
Derek Mowinkle - Logan View
Ryan Randall - Golden Eagles
Alan Taylor - GISH
Zach Cottle
Ryan Pohlman - RayCent
Caleb Hoyt - Ainsworth
Alex Bridgeford -Burke
Zachary Stanostka - GICC
Carlos Roderiguez - GI
Westley Negley - LinChr
Connor Bolling - CentralCity
Andrew Reidy-TeamGI
Eric Coufal - Howells
Blake Fructi - GI
Clay Konicek - Fremont
Aaron Studebaker - NeExtreme
Jeremiah Starostka -GI
Cole Westerby - GISH
Garrett Johns-Aurora
Mike Shoff-Ogallala

I'm sure I left off some so go and see the rest for yourselves.
http://nebraskausawrestling.or...kstyle%20Results.pdf
Rookie
Should be a great tournament.

That is if you can get more than 1/2 of them to actually show up!
NCAA Champion
Everyone state qualifier and state placer are officially been called out. Give the people what they won't even if NSAA won't. Nebraska wants to see the matchups. I will be announcing key matchups as the tournament goes on so people won't miss them. The HS is going to be in the Middle gym down the hall. So listen and go watch.

Everyone should be encouraging your state qualifiers and state placers to wrestle at this tournament.
Rookie
Picture of Mr. Freeze
quote:

Everyone should be encouraging your state qualifiers and state placers to wrestle at this tournament.

Why?
because you say so?

Give the kids a break. If they want to wrestle, good. If they don't then good for them too. Comments like "they will lose my respect if they don't show up" (you said something a long those lines earlier) are dumb. Let the kids decide for themselves and stop trying to live through them.
NCAA Champion
Sorry to get you all heated up Mr. Freeze.

I do have a lot of respect for the wrestlers that place or win a state championship and then a few weeks later go out and compete again with the chance of losing and then people running their mouths about it. That's were I'm getting at. The true competitors don't care about getting a championship. They are there to compete, because they are competitors. They realize losing a match doesn't define them or their careers. It only makes them a better wrestler/competitor for the next time. I saw a lot of wrestlers forfeit final matches at local tournaments, and not show up, because of protecting their record. A true competitor would not do that. Just remember that "respect" is earned. The original quote was: "The champs that show up will have my respect, if not then they won't." So, if they don't show up then they will not lose my respect, because they never had it to begin with. I have seen a lot of great competitors in my lifetime, not just wrestlers. Not every state qualifier, placer or state champion gets my respect. The ones that go over and beyond the call do. I do remind you that I do not disrepect them, but honor their accomplishments.

So, yes I feel if a champion/place winning wrestler, doesn't have prior committments, they should come and show their competitiveness and compete with other likeminded wrestlers. If not, then only they will know in their heart why they didn't compete. They will have to live with that,not me.

Also, I'm trying to promote a great tournament. Not trying to live through anyone. I am a competitor in everything I did and now do. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, but I always continue to compete for the thrill I get out of winning.
Rookie
I agree that this tournament needs to be promote but at the same time not to bash on the state placers for not going. I bet a lot of these kids have summer jobs or other commitments and can't go. Too many people think wrestling is the wrestlers live and have nothing else to do but wrestle. So 525 why don't you stop this dishonor or disrespect of wrestlers just because they are living their live in a different way than you wish for... also so Mr. Freeze doesn't get heated up any more or he'll be Mr. Puddle
NCAA Champion
Kong, I do appreciate your thoughts. I did mention prior committments as reasons for not being able to come. I also mentioned that I honor them all and don't disrespect any. I can respect someone without disrepecting another. I honor them all and respect goes to the ones that really catch my attention for the things they do. Not every great athelete is respected for their ability, but rather their heart and other things combined.

I will rephrase things in the future so I don't step on any toes. It isn't meant to do that, rather to get people excited about an upcoming event that may have some great matchups. That's all. Hope to see everyone there.
Rookie
And I am sure that all of these kids really want your respect or care if they get it.

Maybe you should get off your high horse and stop thinking your respect is worth that much.
Rookie
Come on guys. Have you ever heard of advertising. 525 is just trying to get a large number of talented wrestlers at this tournament. He is advertising. I am sure he is not intentionally doing this to start an argument. Like someone posted last week, "Why do all the threads end up having negative vibes".
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by timeouts:
And I am sure that all of these kids really want your respect or care if they get it.

Maybe you should get off your high horse and stop thinking your respect is worth that much.

you gonna wrestle in this event? Hope to see you there too. Good luck.
Novice
boy 525, you have got one strong fan base!
Rookie
i will have to say this about the tournament in the last few years has been very weak in people showing up so i can understnd why this tournament needs to be promoted

hey timeout why do you get off your high horse
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by power of kong:
i will have to say this about the tournament in the last few years has been very weak in people showing up so i can understnd why this tournament needs to be promoted

hey timeout why do you get off your high horse

Well if you look at a previous post above you will see all the state qualifiers and medal winners that attended last year. I didn't get them all, just the ones I knew off the top of my head. Most of the best Middle school kids in the state were there last year to compete and make the middle school dual team. They will be back again this year. Now we have added elementary dual teams as well. I would think alot elementary kids will try and make that team to represent Nebraska. We had around 525 entries last year. I'm expecting 650 this year. The Host Hotel is almost sold out for saturday night and they have 180 rooms in the hotel. Not all are there for the state tournament, but most are. They still have some smoking rooms left, that's all.

go to www.nebraskausawrestling.org for info.