Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    College OT rule?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
College OT rule? Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Report This Post  
I had read a post about this from a couple of years back. I wonder if it is still the same. Can someone verify if this is correct?

<<riding time awarded as usual awarded after regulation. if there is a tie, goes to OT. No rest between regulation and OT).

Step 1

1 minute on your feet sudden death victory period.

1st ride out:

If still tied; the wrestler who scored the first non-escape/non-penalty point in regulation gets his choice of top or bottom for a 30 second ride out. The riding clock is reset to 0 for this.It goes the 30 seconds; then the other guy gets his choice of position for a 30 sec rideout.

(Q: what happens if there is an escape in this time?, wrestling continues? Guessing that does not finish the match, that you go to the other wrestler to see if he can ride out his opponent longer.)

If still tied; go to step 2.

Step Two:

1 minute on your feet sudden victory.

2nd ride out:

If tied the other guy gets choice first for 30 sec RO,then the other guy while continually accumulating riding time.

After the second Ride out round you look at riding time.If either opponant has 1 second or more riding time differential he is declared the winner.

If no winner decided; return to step 2. This repeats until a winner is decided.
>>

The only thing befuddling me, is why not check the riding time after the first ride-out?

Also don't know if there is any rest between any of the steps in OT. Between the 1 minute period and the ride-outs, etc.
Novice
Picture of pinmachine
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
If I remember correctly, riding time is no longer counted after regulation.

"Summer wrestling makes Winter champions."
Junior High
Picture of pick125
okay basically this is how it goes:

one minute of sudden overtime from neutral. Any points scored will automatically stop the match.

If no points are scored then 2 30 second overtimes are wrestled to their entirety, unless a fall occurs. The person who scored the first offensive point has choice in the first overtime period. Riding time is also kept, if at the end of these two periods the score is still tied the match will continue.

Another sudden death victory from neutral occurs, and again it is a one minute period. If at the end of this overtime the match is still tied then you go into your last set of 2 30 second overtimes.

If the score remains tied after these two periods, the riding time clock will be looked at, if there is any advantage of time to any wrestler then the match will be stopped and that wrestler shall be declared winner. If there is no advantage then the entire overtime procedure ir repeated until a winner is decided.

The result is not how a man should be measured, the means at which he gets there is what matters.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
I was watching either Iowa or ISU the other day; and they definately awarding a riding time point after regulation ... if a wrestler held a 1 minute riding time advantage.

Ok ... so I think the thing I missed, was that the 2 30 second periods are just that : 2 30 second periods, alternating who has the choice at the beginning of the period. An escape doesn't end the 30 second period, only a fall would.

That's even cooler than I thought. It's like a mini re-match; with a 1 minute and 2 30 second periods.
Rookie
i've heard that in college riding time points are only awarded at the end of regulation time at duals, no ride time scoring occurs during tournaments.....my son is a frosh wrestler, and i think that's what he said
Junior High
Picture of pick125
riding time is awarded after regulation and then is kept during the set of top and bottom ot's just incase the situation arises that riding time is used as a criteria to determine the winner. Riding time for opens is usually not kept, but I think it is mandatory for actual "tournaments."

The result is not how a man should be measured, the means at which he gets there is what matters.
Rookie
i stand corrected pick, it was an open (unk) that he was applying the rule too....