Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Gumb vs Bishop

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Gumb vs Bishop Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
Bishop defeated Gumb 1X last season
They split 1-1 so far this year.
Gumb will play football for Chadron State next year. Should work well with Woodhead, as Gumb can block as well as run the ball.
Rookie
Picture of 1mz-fe
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
^^Gumb will be lucky to be 3rd string!
Rookie
Picture of NU.wrestling08
3rd string??? more like 4th or 5th string maybe. he will never see the playing field next year except on the practice squad.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
quote:
Originally posted by okiest.cowboys58:
3rd string??? more like 4th or 5th string maybe. he will never see the playing field next year except on the practice squad.

If you can't say anything nice about a hard working kid then keep your comments to yourself. Gumb doesn't excpect to go to Chadron and become an immediate starter, however if your goal isn't to be the best then why even try to do it. Brett is a great kid and I don't like smack talked against him when he has done nothing wrong.
Rookie
Picture of 1mz-fe
^^Give him 3 years and he will have a shot at starter(1 redshirt year and then his feshman and sophomore years at 2nd or 3rd string).

A response has to be expected when someone who obviously doesn't know much about the csc fb team comes on a wrestling board and starts talking about a freshman working with an all-american as if they will be splitting time...there is already a wealth of rb talent on the team, but it is good to see that OBoyle is recruiting in-state talent, and succeeding with it as well.
Novice
I didn't intend to start a football discussion on the wrestling forum. But since I did, I'll move the rest of this reply to the "Back 9".