Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    High School venue that can hold 6 to 8 mats

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
High School venue that can hold 6 to 8 mats Login/Join

NCAA Champion
posted   Report This Post  
Looking for a High School around Omaha or Lincoln that can hold 6 or 8 mats. It can be a combination of gyms. Don't need a lot of seating area, just a lot of floor space. Please help me and give some suggestions. NE USA Wrestling is planning another big event in late May.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
LSW or Northstar could hold six mats--maybe even 8. If you used both gyms, you could do it no problem. Good luck not getting screwed on gym rental and paying custodians, though.
NCAA Champion
Which one would you choose?
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Either one--they're identical. The YMCA uses LSW quite a bit, don't know about North Star, you'd have to call the AD's to find out. Good luck!
Rookie
Using two gyms, you could get in the area of 10-12 mats at Lincoln High. Just like slvrhwk said, I dont know about the rental fees. Using one gym you can definitely get 6 in the main gym. We use 6 for the LPS classic every year.
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
Check with AD Randy Weise at Ashland Greenwood........ They have two gyms pretty close to each other that could easily accomodate. I doubt that they have 6 mats however. Location is excellent, half way between Omaha and Lincoln.

How many mats does Waverly get in their gym for Cornhusker State Games? That could be another option for you.....

Rick Henry

Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Waverly is actually a really good idea. They get at least six mats in there, I'm sure.
Rookie
waverly has 2 gyms. gym one can fit 6 mats in one gym and if set up correctly put 5-6 in the other.
Junior High
Neb City will have new facilities and could fit 8 mats between 2 gyms. Possibly more if we had to and seating wasn't an issue.

Relentless
Rookie
The one problem I will point out with waverly is they do not have seating if they put 6 mats in the main gym. I know you said seating is not an issue, but I think they only had 300 or so seats with the six mat layout. If you want spectators to be happy/have a place to sit then waverly is not a great place. They have nice facilities and room for the mats just no room for fans.
Rookie
It depends what you want to be hosting. The new gym holds 5-6 mats and has probably twice the amount of seating. if you have 6 in that one and 3 in the other, that's 9 mats with plenty of seats.
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
Waverly with the two gyms 6 mats with good seating
Rookie
Syracuse can put down 9 mats between 2 gyms with seating on one side in both gyms. Have 5 mats on hand. Fees could be negotiated depending on what it is for. Could be minimal.