Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Congrats to Drew Etherton - 156 career wins

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Congrats to Drew Etherton - 156 career wins Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Report This Post  
http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/01/20/sports/p...6aca74d068426692.txt

Lincoln East’s Drew Etherton went 5-0 Saturday in Sioux City, Iowa, to push his career victory total to 156, a state record
<shrug>
Nice job Drew!! Actually, Drew is the second record holder in the same family. Ryan held the record, but was never recognized in the State Wrestling program as Aaron Denson was recognized in the program during his senior year. It will be nice to see an Etherton in this year's State Wrestling program.

Do you think that great wrestling runs in families - Denson - Etherton? Both Ryan and Aaron are highly successful and nationally rated college wrestlers!
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
If I am not mistaken, Tyler Sackett from Omaha Skutt Catholic is currently at 155 wins. Based upon the remaining schedule and both young men winning out Sackett could beat or tie Etherton for the most career wins.
<shrug>
I believe the records are kept for both class and overall, Etherton could be the Class A record holder while Sackett could be the Class B record holder. Either of them could be the overall record holder.

I would also guess that when Denson was recognized as the record holder when the state program was printed he had not yet finished winning matches as he won state his senior year if I am not mistaken.
Rookie
You are correct the records are kept for both class and overall.

The source of the records is the NSAA web site. It appears the last update was on 1/4/08. I would think all of Aaron's matches were reflected in the 155 total.

MOST WINS, CAREER

All Class-155, Aaron Denson, Millard South, 2006
Class A-155, Aaron Denson, Millard South, 2006
Class B-151, Jarrod Weins, Beatrice, 2007
Class C-146, Brandon Stanley, Louisville, 2004
Class D-148, Brad Vering, Howells, 1996
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
I was just wondering. Is anyone in Class D close to breaking the D record? Any juniors with a bunch that have a shot next year?

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!
Rookie
Picture of uthinkso
AWESOME!!!!! anyway u look at it.
Rookie
Don't hold me to this, but I think Mejstric from Howells is right at 100 wins now and he is a junior. With the right schedual and stay healthy he has a shot at the record.
AWESOME!!! is the way to look at it. It takes a superb wrestler to get that many wins. I do see these records falling in the future if we keep increasing the number of pool tourneys. Looks like soon kids will be getting 50 matches, which isn't a bad thing, it just decreases the chances these current guys will hold on to the records.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cowcatcher,
Rookie
Congratulations Drew. Looking forward to seeing you at State.