Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Grand Island Tourney Saturday.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Grand Island Tourney Saturday. Login/Join

<come on!>
posted   Report This Post  
is this shane???
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
<<Goblin you're frightningly wrong for leaving out Hernandez in beating Pederson.>>

You are right. My brash prediction turned out to be just that --- brash. You can't be right all the time. Smile

Congratulations to Justin Hernandez who defeated Dan Pedersen 1-0 in double OT (determining who would go to the finals); along with Casey Rogert who scored a 3rd period pin against Dan (consolation match, determining who would wrestle for 3-4).

On the bright side for Dan; he did get a come from behind victory over Cheney Holmes 9-5 (Cheney had defeated Dan the previous week 7-2); and Dan did finish with a nice win over Jordan Wieman from Norfolk 9-1.

Results:

Places 1-2. Dan Rodriguez over Justin Hernandez, pin 1st period

Places 3-4. Cheney Holmes vs Casey Rogert. I believe there was a coin flip; as Cheney had supposedly wrestled the maximum allowed matches (4?). Don't know who won the coin flip.

5-6. Dan Pedersen over Jordan Wieman, 9-1.
<Guest>
I didnt make that last post, i was in GI today and theres no way i could have, good try though
<103>
rodrigez is a stud...smooth as can be he had 3 pins all around 1:15...rogert and holmes had the match limit (5) and flipped, rogert won. As for whos toughest..i dont think anyone will touch rodrigez..didnt see rogert wrestle...i wasnt all that impressed with hernandez

tran was their..i dont think he won a match...had a bye 1st round, was pinned by wieman 2nd round and pinned by holmes in the wrestle backs..homles was beat by pederson..petterson lost to hernandez in 2OT...rogert was beat by rodrigez then rogert beat petterson..wiemann was beat by rodrigez then holmes
<Guest>
it doesnt let me sign in on huskermat or anything because the family is doing everything it can to keep me and my lil bro from having input about ourselves, i just got home at 10:15 so that post wasnt mine, i dont know whos it was
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I thought Cheney Holmes had another good tournament; and looks really solid.

He lost a single match to Pedersen; Cheney had a 4-0 lead and Pedersen made a furious comeback.

Cheney pinned his first opponent (forget who it was); and defeated Paul Tran of MW (pin?) and Jordan Wieman of Norfolk.

Unfortunately; he didn't get to wrestle a match vs Hernandez or Rogert or Rodriguez to see where he stands in relationship to those wrestlers.
<Guest>
where was foote of millard west???? 135 or 140??
he wasnt at council bluffs last week either.
<Guest>
He lost the coin toss? why was the other kid so angry then, it didnt take a lip reader to see some of the words he was saying and he threw his headgear, and on NWI it says he won the toss
<CSC177>
Cheney lost the coin toss. The LNE kid also had too many matches. I would just as soon let them wrestle.
<Guest>
Yeah thats what i thought, Why was the LNE kid so mad after he won the toss?
<CSC177>
Neumann was pretty upset. We both agreed that we would just as soon let them wrestle but there was no way that was going to happen. Both Cheney and the LNE kid wanted to wrestle.
<Guest>
personally i think it turned out in Auroras favor because they at least split the team points that way, but it would have been a good match to watch, I dont know if i liked cheneys chances though
<JBWC84>
Im just curious why were Daniel Rodriquez and Casey Rogert wrestling in the quarterfinals last week, in my opinion after watching yesterday those are the top 2 guys in class A 103 clearly, and wasnt Rogert ahead of Rodriquez when he got the fall?
<Guest>
thats true, i think if anyone is going to beat rogriguez this year, it will be rgoert
<Guest>
Foote Quit!

two others quit also, by the brackets it looked like their 189 and 215 pounders.

A west parent said things are kinda screwed up at
millard west. They didn't know why Foote quit but something happened between his dad and their head coach. I would like to know what happened if anyone knows?
<Guest>
i dont know how to do the quotes, but someone said tran was beat by homes in the consolations, he was pinned by the lne kid.
<Guest>
what happend...did tran win wrestle offs this week or what...
<103 Observer>
I think if anyone is going to have a chance at Rodriguz,it's going to be Chrisinger from Cozad.I think he's already pinned everyone in class A except for Rowe and he beat him 15-0.I think he's yet to meet up with Laughlin but he won't have a chance.For all you yogurt fans out there keep dreamin
<DEBOLDT>
DEBOLDT Papillion South only got beat by Kastel from Pius by two points. He had Kastle taken down but didn't get the points. Could have been a close ot, DEBOLDT looking good on his feet.
<Guest>
hes pinned all the kids in class a 103, he hasnt even wrestled rogert rodriguez hernandez or lauphlin