Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    GREAT GREAT STUFF!!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
GREAT GREAT STUFF!! Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
For those of you that are not subscribers you missed a great show. HB, Coach McCurdy and Coach Denson did a great job. Lots of information and good insight from all three.

Can't wait to hear the program for the rest of the season. For the subscribers who haven't listened to the show go give it a listen.

Thanks for the new feature HB!!

-----------------
RR

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
We'll get much better. I doubt Doug has ever done a broadcast and I certainly haven't. As I mentioned we could have talked for hours but time is limited so we covered what we could. I expect next week's Class B show will run much more smooth. I personally felt much more confident as the show went on. And that was Marty with the heavy breathing not me or Doug! Big Grin
World Champion
Picture of NWI
...the first show is always the bumpiest ride. It gets much easier after that.

Remembering back to my first time in front of the mike for a talk show, I was able to cram about 20 topics into a 30-minute broadcast. My heart was going about 200 mph and I don't think I'd been that nervous since the day I got married. It got better after the first day and now I can spend all day on the mic if I have to. So trust me, the butterflies will float away after this first effort.

I'm listening to the broadcast as I'm typing this message, and I want to tell you that you did a fine job for a first-time guy at the controls. The flow of the show was a little jagged at times, but that's to be expected when you're taking that maiden voyage.

Doug and Marty both gave some good insight on the Class A situation and it was impressive to hear their thoughts on the class.

Keep up the good work. Let me know about advertising on the show.
<GO4ZPIN>
Thanks for bringing us some thing new !

This is a very entertaining modern way to promote the sport .
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
What fun! I haven't been involved with radio broadcast before, so it was really new to me, but it was a blast! Marty is awesome, but like Ross said, the breathing.........well, it wasn't from me and Ross already spoke for himself soooooooo? Actually, like Ross said, we could have talked for hours on wrestling. It seemed like we just got started and the hour was over. I really look forward to the future of this medium, it has great potential. I hope everyone has a chance to listen in. If you have any questions or topics for the show, I know you can email Ross, and you certainly can email me as well. You can access my email through our club website mswclub.org. IF you bribe me, I can tell you what Marty was really saying off MIKE! It would be worth a bribe! lol!~

quote:
Originally posted by HB:
And that was Marty with the heavy breathing not me or Doug! Big Grin

I was wondering about that Wink

Marty was probably just getting wound up to stomp the rest of the Class A field and just couldn't contain himself!! Razz

Once again great job all three of you, and look forward to future installments.

-----------------
RR
<Guest>
I liked the show but I though it was supposed to be on all of class A, The whole show was about Lincoln East and Millard South. What about the rest of the teams. I couldn't believe you didn't mention Domingez from Prep and you didn't even talk about Gable from Papio. Please cover all the teams in class A if it's supposed to be a class A rap up. If it's for Lincoln East, who is a great team then just call it the Lincoln East overview.
Rookie
Great deal Ross. Who else are you planning on interviewing or contacting for the various class previews in coming weeks?
<Guest>
I thought the same thing!

Class has over 30 teams.

You guys talked about two teams for 35 minutes(the coaches sons for 10 of the 35 minutes)

All you talked about was who should finish #1 and who had a chance to finish second.

You complain that wrestling don't get coverage,

Well many listeners heard what they already new!

You had a chance to give every team some exposure and blew it.

I have a feeling this will be a broken record on the same teams and indivduals all year.

If you give attention to the less successful teams out there you will be talking about 2/3 of the teams in Class A alone.

Don't bore us with the same old stories and same people.

Get creative!

Please!!!

It would have been nice to hear somthing about our team, instead of hanging out on a limb the whole show to hear nothing...

World Champion
Picture of HB
Thanks for the constructive criticism. We will definitely will take your comments into consideration. Just like anything, with practice we will get much better.
Junior Varsity
I unfortunately did not get to listen to it but it sounds as if it is a great idea. The people anouncing are only as good as the information given to them.
<Guest>
Scrammbler, if you didn't listen how did you come up with that statement. Why don't you listen to it, then give your oppinion!
<Guest>
When is this scheduled for? I would hope Brad Hildebrandt is the guest for this show.

World Champion
Picture of HB
We've asked Brad to be on the show.
<hiptoss>
Sounds like a good thing for wrestling in Nebraska. Guest you need to lighten up.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Like Ross, said, Criticism accepted. However, you have to start somewhere, and when you are standing in a little booth for the first time, it is a pretty daunting task. I don't have a huge background in radio - and I know Ross doesn't - and I am sure that Marty doesn't. So, we tried to get into a comfort zone. Now any of you who have ever been put on the spot with public speaking, it is easiest to start with what you know well and feel comfortable with. I think that it was a good start and I think we did the best we could for the first time. Had we a chance to do it again, we would have done it differently, sure, we are probably our own worst critics, so while you consider it a waste of time (previous poster), I feel it was a great springboard. Needless to say, you won't have to worry about the next show being the LE or MS show (lol). I will say that if you have topics or issues that you want explored on the show, give us an email shout and we will attend to it. AND if you have really bad criticisms, save it for Mike Carnes - he has much more verbal firepower than I do (lol). My thanks for the positive comments, and my thanks to Marty for driving from Lincoln to be on the show. His comments and responses were very good and heartfelt!
<Omar>
McCurdy for class A, Hildebrandt for class B, what about class C and D? Who's on the slate Ross or have you had a chance to plan that far ahead? Just curious.
<Guest>
coaches you can't win on this one, you guys volenteer your time to talk and you get critics what do you people expect professional talk show host?bottom line is you guys are good for are sport this program can do nothing but get better. HB this was a great idea thanks to all of you.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Actually I think criticism is good-we want to bring the best show possible and we will change up the format a bit to try and get that accomplished.
<Omar>
I certainly don't want to criticize I just want to know who is going to be on the upcoming C and D shows and when will the next show air. This is good stuff. Can you help me out here HB?w