New
Find
Notify
Tools
Park Hill Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of DevilYouth
posted   Report This Post  
Anyone taking youth to Park Hill tournament this Saturday?

We are taking my two boys and the coaches two boys. This will be their first tournament, so it might be like throwing sheep to the wolves.

Sam Pfeifer
Director, Plattsmouth Youth Wrestling
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Ther are quite a few going down. The kids tourney is Sat and then we have the duals on Sunday. Nebraska has put together a middle school team. Yes, the competition will be as tough as any national tournament you would go to. No better way to get your feet wet!
Rookie
Great tourny, the team dual the next day is awesome. Those guys run a great tourny.I think theres info on ThePredicament.
State Qualifier
Posted October 26, 2008 08:32 PM
This a great tournament with great competition.

TEAM CENTRAL DUAL TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

OBJECTIVE: TO PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE BEST WRESTLERS IN THE COUNTRY TO COMPETE HEAD TO HEAD AND EXPERIENCE THE DUAL TEAM FORMAT.

7701 NW Barry Rd. Kansas City, MO 64153

CONTACT INFO: Jason Keck
jasonkeck@yahoo.com or 816-863-7002

DATE: Sunday, December 14th, 2008

ENTRY FEE: $300 Per Team ($15 per participant).

Please make checks payable to:
Park Hill Kids Wrestling and send them to
Jason Keck at 4305 NE 103rd Court, Kansas City, MO 64156.

Individuals who are interested in wrestling in this highly competitive event but do not have a team or if a team cannot fill a complete roster, contact Jason Keck to see if he can assist you in either filling a roster spot or placing an individual wrestler one of the dual teams provided they have an opening available.

ENTRY DEADLINE: Monday, December 8, 2008
All team leaders must have contacted Jason Keck and submitted their entry fee by this date.

WEIGH INS:

Scratch Weight – These weigh-ins are in conjunction with the Park Hill Split Session Kids Tournament ONLY, which will take place on Saturday, December 13th at the same location.
Friday, December 12th 6:30-7:30pm (All divisions)
Saturday, December 13th, 2008 7:30-8:15am (6, 8 and 10 under divisions)
11:00-11:45am (12 and 14 under divisions)

1 pound allowance All wrestlers who are not competing in the Park Hill Split Session Tournament on Saturday will weigh-in during the times stated below.
Saturday, December 13th 5:00pm-6:30 pm
Sunday, December 14th, 2008 7:30am-8:30 am

No Satellite Weigh-ins

START TIME: Wrestling will start at 9:00 a.m.

SCORING:
Fall = 6 Team Points
Open or Forfeit = 6 Team Points
Technical Fall = 5 Team Points
Major Dec. 8-14 pts = 4 Team Points
Decision 1-7 pts. = 3 Team Points

WEIGHT CLASSES: 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 140, 150, 160

AGE DIVISION: Open (Kid’s Divisions); No High School Wrestlers

AWARDS: T-shirts awarded to the top three teams.
Team Central Duals Outstanding Wrestler Award will also be selected at the conclusion of the tournament.

All tentative lineups should be faxed (816) 221-5259 or emailed jasonkeck@yahoo.com to Jason Keck no later than Thursday, December 12th, , 2008. Questions, comments and/or concerns please call or email. Thank you.

This is a good tourney although the Saturday session may be a bit less competitive because your better wrestlers save themselves for the duals.

Maybe Big D will post who's on our team.
Rookie
Picture of DevilYouth
I hope to see you all down there.

I too would like to see who will be on the team. Just to see if I recognize some of the names.

Sam Pfeifer
Novice
Picture of Big D
Joey Harrison
Shannon Brewer
Doyle Trout
Dante' Rodriguez
Markell Vaughn
Colton Adams
Trey Trujillo
Javaughn Perkins
Jake Anderson
JacQuandre Perkins
Kenny Martin
Trevor Adams
Reggie Holt
Brian Scarf
Jeb Nordby
Rookie
Picture of DevilYouth
Thanks Big D, I recognize a few of the names. What weights are these guys going as and what weights are open?

Sam Pfeifer
Novice
Picture of Big D
I still have some tenative committments that I am waiting on but should be able to fill all weight classes by Sunday morning weigh-ins when the final roster must be turned in. I will post the roster & weights when I know more. This is a premiere 8th grade and under USA wrestling sanctioned dual event that will be represented by wrestlers from CO, IA, IL, KS, MO, NE, OK & WY, that I know of. There will be between 8-10 teams from what I have been told by tournament organizers. I hope this begins a tradition of NE sending a select dual team to this event each year to compete against other select teams from the region.
Rookie
Picture of DevilYouth
Big D,

I am not being critical of who you have selected to go, because there are a lot of very good wrestlers on this list. So please don't take any offense to the next question.

How would Nebraska go about forming a select team to enter into this tournament and others like it in the future?

Sam Pfeifer
NCAA Champion
Good luck to all those boys. This must be a great USA event. Nebraska USA has been taking middle school dual teams to national events for several years.

I appreciate Big D putting this together in short notice. Believe me, I know what its like to try and make it all come together.

Nebraska USA would like to help organize this team next year. I'm sure we can find an early bird tournament next year to use as a qualifier. If Nebraska kids want to participate is the National dual tournament then Nebraska USA is behind them.

Your future support of Nebraska USA is what makes events/trips like this possible.

Don't forget to mark your calendars for April 10th and 11th. Heartland USA elementary National duals in going to be right here in Nebraska. Stayed tuned to our website for further updates.

www.nebraskausawrestling.org

Good luck and kick some butt this weekend.

Fred Franklin
Nebraska USA kids director
NCAA Champion
Nebraska USA would love to help support this team next year. Our yearly kids division budget was set in Sept 2008 for this year. We do not have funds in the budget for an event that wasn't planned. I've talked to Big D and he understands. Putting a dual team together in the time frame that Big D has done is short notice. He's done a great job with the time he's had to put it all together. Our Middle School dual team starts planning 6 months in advanced with clothing packages, hotels, charter bus etc.

I appreciate Kearney Matcat and Big D's zeal for Nebraska wrestling. I'm glad we are all on the same team and have the same goals in mind.

Nebraska USA will be supporting the following teams for this year: Middle School duals- 2 teams (40 wrestlers), Elementary National duals 2 teams (40 wrestlers), Northern Plains regionals, Cadet Duals, Junior Duals (if a team goes), and Fargo Cadet/junior nationals.

We are also providing a dominator series competition across Nebraska. There will be 4 dominator belts awarded. These belts cost us $160 per belt. It will be the biggest award ever giving out by Nebraska USA Wrestling or any organization for that matter.

So once again..I say...go Nebraska...have some fun and win some matches. Please bring back pics of the team, so I can post on the website.

Thanks for all you do Kearney Matcat and Big D.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 525,
Rookie
Should have quoted him so he doesn't try to save face by deleting his post after proven wrong.
Rookie
This is a great thing for youth wrestling in Nebraska. I have long been disappointed at the lack of our states youth wrestlers that wrestle at national events. It sounds like the future will see more NE kids at the big meets. Good luck to the plattsmouth boys and all the rest of the Nebraska wrestlers. Can you please post results on here after the meet.

Jerrod Nielsen
Novice
Picture of Big D
Team Exploradories went 2-2 at the Team Central Duals. Team Victory(KC&Chicago)was 1st, Team Central(KC) 2nd, Team OK 3rd and Team Kansas Cyclones 4th. The Exploradories had duals with OK and the Cyclones which they lost. Alot of great JH & under talent from the region was represented at these duals. The Exploradories consisted of NE wrestlers from across the state with some help from TOHK out of Witchita, KS. Many thanks to Coach Roger Parker of the Exploradories and his staff, as well as to the wrestlers who competed hard and showed great sportsmanship representing NE.
Rookie
Jaden Aken, 120 lbs, Walnut Middle School, went 2-3 (2 pins) was on Team Central and not on Exploratories. He had some great,tough competition. Jason Keck has an amazing team, right on down to 50 lbs division. We were impressed. In the finals was Team Central and Blue Chip, which came down to the final 100 lb. division. This match was awesome and lot a pressure on this young man. He needed a minor (4 points) to win the duals for his team, but got a win instead (3 points) which brought the final score of Team Central 44 Blue Chip 46. Thank you TEAM CENTRAL for allowing Jaden Aken to be on your team. He met some great outstanding kids Missouri. They will be at the Holiday Extravaganza UNO this weekend.
Rookie
Picture of DevilYouth
First I would like to thank Big D and Coach Parker for inviting my oldest son to participate on the team on Sunday. I asked him after the individual tournament if he wanted to stay and he informed me that after the whopping that he got he really didn't want to go threw it again. I hope that it did hurt the team, but I am sure that the results would not have been much different.

We told the boys on the way home that we sent them into a war zone with out much ammunition (four practices). It was a great tournament and a great learning environment for the kids.

Here were our results:

Reid Pfeifer 10u 70 W-1 L-2
Colton Pfeifer 12u 65 W-2 (both forfeits) L-3
Andrew Null 12u 80 W-1 L-2
Nick Null 14u 100 W-2 L-2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

Sam Pfeifer
Novice
Picture of Big D
Results of the individual duals are posted here;
http://www.missouriusawrestling.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=668
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
thanks to big d and the exploradories we had a great time it was worth the 9 hr drive from scottsbluff colton adams was 3-1 at duals and won the open tournament on saturday trevor adams went 2-2 in the duals and was 4th on saturday
Novice
Hey Cornfed, nice to see you made it home! We had a late start today which was a bonus!

Thanks to Big D for organizing the team and to Coach Parker and Dennis and all of the others who helped. My son had a blast. The competition was tough but he needs that to get better. Lets try to do this more often than 1-2 times a year.
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
we can see how much money big d has or if nebraska usa wants to sponsor and organize the danville teams for usa msd maybe huskerland should step up and pay to send the teams to indianloa for the aau msd duals ill bet most all of the kids would love to get to attend both tournaments