Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
UNO Open Login/Join

<Curious George>
posted   Report This Post  
Does anyone know which area teams will compete in this tourney?
Kearney?
Dana?
Chadron?
Nebraska?
<Past Champ>
Here is what I found for Freshman wrestling in the UNO open:
125 Jeff Rutledge Kearney
133 Brandon Brill Kearney
133 Nick Rotella Buena Vista
133 John Hayek Buena Vista
141 Marcus Hilario UNO
141 Joe Ellenberger Kearney
141 Sam Johnson Kearney
141 Efrain Ayala Nebraska
149 Henry Wahl UNO
157 Josh Arocho Buena Vista
157 Josh Paisley Nebraska
165 Nick Edmonds UNO
174 Webster Farris Dana
174 Issac Gengler Nebraska

Anyone I missed?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
All the Nebraska teams will be there, and there will be about 40 teams nationally from all levels, Juco up to D-1. It's always a HUGE tournament and it's one of the nation's best open tournaments.
Rookie
it is the biggest one day tournament in the country
Novice
Picture of TRANSCENDING04
AIM: Online Status For EDDIE27WITHTHETD
when is this tournement?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
9 a.m. at UNO Sapp Fieldhouse.
<The Police>
It is an open - any old timers going to go in there and wrestle unattached? How about you Mikey - are ya up for it.
<VoiceofReason>
DI programs. I know Minnesota is sending their entire varsity squad, as is Wyoming. Okie State and Iowa are sending all their redshirts and back-ups but only a few starters. Nebraska sends their back-ups but won't send any starters.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
1. Date
2. Drink
3. Wrestle open tournaments

All three have a tendency to get in the way of what I'm trying to accomplish with NWI. For example...

Dating -- Considering that I'm working 5-6 evenings out of the week, when would I have time? And what is the over/under on the number of days before I hear the "You never spend time with me anymore" or "You like wrestling more than you like me" cards being played? (Last time, it was 21 days...and that was in the SUMMER.) Sorry, folks...no time for head games. I'll wait until the spring thaw to resume the search for Miss Right, thankyouverrahmush.

Drinking -- While, as an adult, I have enjoyed the occasional beverage (as ONLY adults should, BTW), I prefer to avoid it while the season is in progress. Clear head, clear vision, clear thinking...you know, try and set a good example. In fact, I'm enjoying this clear-head thing so much I just might give it up for good (yeah, go ahead and quote me on that one). Trust me...being sober is NEVER a bad thing, no matter how difficult life can be sometimes. And it tends to reduce the idiot factor that seems to hit its peak, for me, at the height of inebriation.

Wrestle open tournaments -- Ahhh, this is pretty self-evident, isn't it? Aging, out of shape, out of condition...I'm counting three strikes right there. Besides...it's very difficult to type 95 words per minute when your arms are in traction. Those who can, do. Those who can't, write about it. I know where I stand in this formula...

One thing you can count on, though...me being there at UNO on Saturday the 22nd. Solo, sober and ready to write...and hoping to set a good exmaple for all.

By the way...loved your effort on the Zenyatta Mendatta CD. And Synchronicity was one of the best albums of the 80's.

[This message was edited by NWI on November 12, 2003 at 03:17 PM.]
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
If you have not been to the tourney a little advice, get there early! I've gone every year since moving back from the great white tundra and we can never get there early enough. last year I was there at 9:15 and I ended up sitting up in the rafters and walked a long ways (not that I don't need to walk a little more). Still have fun every year and my boys enjoy seeing great wrestling.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I try and get there by 8 a.m. so I can park in central Omaha, rather than out west like I did the first year I went. I can't remember for sure...think I walked in from Waterloo.
<Guest>
Airforce sending about 5 wrestlers including McKim
<Guest>
I think mckim is going to dominate at this tournament. What are some peoles opinions on how he will do at uno.
<JAW>
I'll be there and at 157. I don't know about any others.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
If I start training today, by this time next year, I should be fully recovered from my hernia operation by then and be back in shape...any idea when the tournament is next year. lol. Big Grin
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Same as always...Probably the 3rd next year since that would be the 20th.
<VoiceofReason>
I agree on McKim, there are only about seven or eight wrestlers in the country that could beat him.
<Western Love>
Try attending UNO, that is the way that parking is constantly - not just during the open. Something should be done before the road/parking rage gets the best of someone.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Parking at UNO, on a good day, is horrid. Day of an event at Sapp makes parking in Lincoln on Husker game day seem like a tea party.
Rookie
at UNK is not much better. The new education building took up some parking. You buy a parking permit but there is no way in hell there is enough stalls on campus for everyone with a permit to park. The sad thing is that UNK won't see a parking garage until Omaha and Lincoln do.