Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Boys Town Finals
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Boys Town Finals Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Report This Post  
Stangl, Elkhorn dec Jensen, MV

-Stangl should finish top 4 in Lincoln

Webb, BT tech fall Bartley, AUR 25-11

Cooper, Central dec McKim, SKU

-Said it last night. Not a surprise.

Bribiseca, BT dec Pulte, Gross 8-3

-Brib wrestled most of the match with a bloody nose but he controlled everything.

Wiens, BEA dec Svendsen, SKU 11-9?

-It was a 2 point decision not sure on the score. Wiens got a last second reversal to win. The difference here was Wiens got 3 back points and almost had Svendsen pinned in the 2nd.

Coolidge, SKU tech fall Rhoades, GRO

-not a match.

Nordstrom, Skutt dec Mixan, Gross 11-7

Prusha, Gross dec Wheaton, Skutt

-Could be rematch in districts and state finals

Havekost, Bennington pinned Steele, Skutt

-Skutt got 1st takedown. Havekost got reversal and put Steele on his back

-Farrell, Skutt dec Hazen, UND

-don't remember the score but it was a 2 point decision.

Wofford, AUR tech fall Briggs, Skutt

Huenefeld, AUR dec Thorman Skutt 20-8?

-I know it was a 14 point decision. Huenfeld is awesome. He will be a legit D-1 prospect next year if he keeps wrestling like he did today. I can't imagine what another year of lifting weights and mat time would do for him. His parents were nice enough to let me watch the tape of the McCormick match last week. Can't wait to see him wrestle Roberts next week.

Lutmer over Mo Valley

Christensen over Vittraino
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Is he a senior? Didn't Ogallala's McCormick defeat him last week at the Cozad Tournament? McCormick would have to be the Early favorite, barring something happening to him.

Caleb is a junior if i'm not mistaken.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."

World Champion
Picture of HB
Huenefeld is a junior. Add Dolezal to that mix Wink
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
I was impressed with the way he dominated Thorman....

i know...he looked very impressive......and a big guy hitting INSIDE TRIPS! Wow! they were nice.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<119
Cooper, Central dec McKim, SKU

-Said it last night. Not a surprise.>>

Saying "I wont be surprised if X happens" ... isn't saying much. Had McKim won; you still could claim you didn't say he was going to lose.

I am no Skutt fan; but this match could have gone either way. McKim was in it the whole way.

By the way; anyone see the comments Dru Prusha had in the paper after his match with Wheaton? Sounded like he rattled off the standard Skutt line. "I felt I was much better conditioned. I just kept pressuring him. I knew he would weaken in the end." What goes around comes around. Smile
<observer>
Having watched the match it was very close until wheaton got hurt..he was in a lot of pain and pulled it to within 1 point..also the pulling at the hurt leg was a bit dirty..The dance with the fingers was not necessary either..Another time and another place..
<Guest>
cooper got lucky in the quarter finals
World Champion
Picture of NWI
...There isn't a lot of love lost between the Prusha family and Skutt. Considering this is the first of, potentially, six meetings between the two (dual, conference duals, conference tournament, districts, state) this matchup should be interesting the rest of the year.
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
When you agree to do this sport, you agree with all that comes with it. This means if you have a hurt leg, I would go after it too. THats just the nature of the sport. You expect a kid who see's another hurt not to do this? PLEASE!!! If it was me or you who were hurt, our opponents would do the same.

Taunting is not a part of sports, and if any of my wrestlers taunt another, they sit out the next meet ( I explain this to thier parents and them before the season). Some coaches don't agree with this philosophy, but I believe in SPORTSMANSHIP.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I agree with you on your philosophy, Sooner. My problem is this: we have become such a hyper-sensitive, feel-good society that we are quick to judge somebody's celebration of victory, especially when it comes against one of our kids.

I didn't see the Prusha-Wheaton match so I'm not going to pass judgement on that particular situation. But it seems to me that if Joe Wrestler beats my kid in the finals and pumps a fist in celebration, there are those who feel that is taunting my kid and my kid's school supporters when, in fact, he is celebrating the fact that he was able to beat my kid.

For example...I see Skutt coach Brad Hildebrandt get emotional and excited when one of his kids gets a big win, and many times he will extend both arms and point toward the center of the mat. I've heard some people say he's taunting the other kid, but I don't think I've ever seen him do anything other than point at his wrestler as if to say "You da' man." That's celebration, not unsportsmanlike, in my opinion.

Coaches and wrestlers express jubilation in many different ways, and I guess as long as it is not done in a way to demean or taunt the other guy or the other team, we should encourage the open celebration of success. But we should make it clear that taunting - by wrestlers, coaches AND fans - is unacceptable and not allowed in our program OR our community.
<observer>
I was at the Boys Town finals.
There was no dirty wrestling or taunting during or after the 145 pound match. 2 good wrestlers in a very exciting match.
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<The dance with the fingers was not necessary either>>

I had never seen Dru do that after a match; and he really didn't do it very well. I have seen Skutt wrestlers do this after a match; specifically McKim. I think Dru was just dishing back exactly what he has seen from Skutt wrestlers. As I said; what goes around comes around.
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
My idea of taunting is pointing at the kid and either saying something, or by just watching your actions. Taunting can be by a coach, fans or wrestlers.

Celebrating a win is fine, as long as it doesnt go past that. The unsportsman like attitudes I am talking about is, not shaking the other opponents hand, throwing your head gear after you lost a good match (saw this a few times after the finals of BT) and other things like this.
<observer>
I attended the Boys Town finals.
I didn't see any wrestlers taunting or dancing after the finals. At the most I saw some happy kids expressing their feelings. Rightfully so!
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
I watched the match and didnt see the dance. Only the "other activities" after the match that took place. I will not coment on them furthur
<mr. anonymous>
I have no problem with Prusha doing a finger dance after the match. He just beat the state champion. He had to be on cloud nine. However, his comments about being in better shape are comical. Wheaton is a workout machine. No excuses about getting hurt, Prusha had his day. However, I think you will see a different outcome the next time they wrestle. Kind of reminds me of District and State against Nelson....
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
<<his comments about being in better shape are comical>>

Pretty easy to say. However, Dru wasn't the one who had physical problems in the middle of the match.

As has been said many times; there are plenty of matchups between these two the rest of the year. So we will see what we shall see.

All I am saying is that I think Dru just parroted back what Skutt wrestlers keep saying.

You listen to their comments; and it is like no one else works hard or is in shape or keeps the pressure on their opponent. Perhaps there are people who take exception to that.

That's all I have to say about the matter.
<Guest>
I can see where this would come from because I do read a lot of these types of quotes from the Skutt coaches. However, it seems to me that for the most part it is true. Wrestlers like McKim, Carlson, Wheaton, Nordstrom, Steele, Briggs, Svensen, Coolidge, etc. seem to always be in a "go" mood. I see other wrestlers hanging on to victory, but most of the Skutt kids seem to either build on their lead or close the gap in a loss. People might be tired of hearing about it, but it seems to me to be a characteristic of their team.