New
Find
Notify
Tools
Records Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of Mr. Freeze
posted   Report This Post  
What were all of the new records set this year? or tied?
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Stephen Sunderman of Lutheran High Northeast tied the Class C season pin record with 33 pins.

Coach Aschoff
Rookie
Picture of abcoach
Taylor Escamilla (Bergan) tied the class D record for pins in a season with 33 and the class d record for pins in a state tournament career with 10...that is unless someone else beat those records this season.

World Champion
Picture of HB
I'm almost positive Jake Gonzales of Morrill finished the year with 35 pins.
Rookie
I believe Brock Smith broke the all time take down record, and Tyler Sackett broke the season win record.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
New Class B and All Class season take down record

New Class B career take down record

Three time champs tied Sidney,BT,Cozad
Add Gering

New Gering School Records
First 3 Time Champ 4 Time Medalist
Tournament Wins Career
Tech Falls Season
Take Downs Season
Take Downs Career
Wins In A Season

Not sure if its a record but wrestled maximum points for a career , never missed a tournament or dual.

Made Weight
Made Grades
Kept Out Of Trouble
Wrestled Hurt

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

<arnoldb>
not a big record in the eyes of most, but for valentine, Tyler Hanson broke the season pin record.
the record was previously held by the father of 215 Matt Spain, Jeff Spain. his record was 24, hanson had 26 i think. belville was also close to it with 23. Good Job guys.
Novice
Picture of SD Husker
brad,

didn't valentine break their team season and state records for pins? that's what I heard from a shady source!! Wink

"Pain is Temporary...Pride is Forever"
<arnoldb>
i'm pretty sure valentine didn't come close to breaking the team state record for pins in a season. i really don't think it wsa possible, with scutt and all.
Junior Varsity
Smith seems like a great kid. What weight will he be at in college is he willing to go out of state?
Novice
Congratulations to Mr. Brock Smith on a great season and wrestling career. I don't know either if that last one is a record, but it is definitely something Brock, his parents and the entire Gering community can be very proud of.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
Brock is 6-1 with his growth plates still open the Dr. said he may grow another 2 to 4 inches .
He weighs 166 today , some want him at 156 but I think he will be 165 to 174 with a little guy attacking style ,not sure if that has been tried before Bwahaha

He most likely will leave the state there must be a coach out there crazy enough to take on this project and make it work Bwahaha

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Junior Varsity
Matt Duffy of Kenesaw/Shelton finished the season with 34 pins, which would actually be the new Class C record. Also, I do not know how it works for career records when you switch classes, but Patrick Fletcher had 106 career pins which is more than the Class D record. He was Class D for three years and C his last year.
Rookie
I believe Tyler Sacket tied the most wins record in all classes
Rookie
From my program he came into the tournament with a 42-2 record, he went 4-0 to capture his state title giving him a 46-2 record. He has broken the old Class B record of 44 and Tied Drew Etherton's 06 mark of 46 wins for the All-Class record. I believe he is somewhere around 120 wins, giving him a good shot at becoming the All-Time Career wins leader.