Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    State Champs Wrestle
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
State Champs Wrestle Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
I think it would be cool if they had like a round robin tournament for all the state champs at there respective weights
For Ex: (103)
1st Round
McKim(Millard South,A) v. Lundstrom(Amherst,D)
Cottle(Skutt,B) v. Adams(Norfolk Catholic,C)

2nd
McKim(A) v. Adams(C)
Cottle(B) v. Lundstrom(D)

3rd
McKim(A) v. Cottle(B)
Adams(C) v. Lundstrom(D)
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
What a great idea!

I don't think thats ever crossed anyones mind
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Ohhhhhh yes it has -- many have suggested just such a thing for a number of years, but don't look for the NSAA to go for it.

There is a push for a state dual tournament, which is ALSO long overdue.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
i was being sarcastic obviously no one really caught on
Novice
Well the NSAA should think it over a lot more because i think bunches of people would love to see and PAY for this.This could rake it some cash with admission and of course their expensive concession stand sells,
Rookie
Picture of laffytaffy130
who do you thin would get 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th at each weight?
Rookie
Picture of harw
yeah, i would love to see these matches and then put the winners together for an all-nebraska team
Rookie
If this happened, 171 would be a great weight for the 4 champs to wrestle. Denson, Janovich, Kingston, and Luongo. What does everybody think about this?
Rookie
Picture of superman_130
um...no offense on how great of wrestlers Janovich, Kingston, and Luongo but...Denson would pin all three before the third period
Rookie
No doubt. But would this be the best weight class, talent wise, to wrestle off?
Rookie
To be honest with you superman_130 I agree with you that Denson would win an All-Champ 171 round robin. However, I would be willing to put my lifesavings on the line that he wouldn't pin them all. Luongo hasn't been pinned since the 3rd grade, he can't be pinned he's got a gift of having double-jointed shoulders. Also I think Janovich is as good as anyone else in the state. Denson is a tremendous talent but his domination through state was partially linked to a weak weight class.
Novice
I would give you my predictions but I really don't know too much about the D wrestlers(except for Bayer) so I wouldn't want to give my predictions and have all the D wrestlers finishing 4th
Great weights to watch:
215(Bayer,Smith,Browne,Seidl)
171(Luongo,Kingston,Janovich,Denson)
152(Bowers,Pankoke,Nordstrom,Medina)
112(Wells,Pokorny,Carter,Torpy)--Would be fun to watch Pokorny dominate against these guys--OF COURSE NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE OTHER WRSTLERS WHO DID WIN STATE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE CLASSES--I just think Andy would beat them because he's so good
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by superman_130:
um...no offense on how great of wrestlers Janovich, Kingston, and Luongo but...Denson would pin all three before the third period

Denson didn't pin everyone this year, he didn't pin Steele who Janovich has had his way with throughout the year, so what makes you think he'd pin Joe?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,
Rookie
quote:
n't pin Steele who Janovich has had his way with throughout the year, so what makes you think he'd pin Joe?

1. Joe Janovich, Gretna, def. Clint Steele, Omaha Skutt Catholic, 6-5. Thats not quite having his way with Steele....so maybe you should look at it. Plus I highly doubt you watch the match, because if you did you would have saw the slip by Steele which cost him the match, would have been OT had he not slipped.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by Diehard:

1. Joe Janovich, Gretna, def. Clint Steele, Omaha Skutt Catholic, 6-5. Thats not quite having his way with Steele....so maybe you should look at it. Plus I highly doubt you watch the match, because if you did you would have saw the slip by Steele which cost him the match, would have been OT had he not slipped.

What was Steele's record against Janovich? It was O for, Plus that was the ONLY close match.
Rookie
Picture of Grape Ape
140 would be a fun one to watch
Rookie
Picture of lateral toss
yea 140 would be fun to watch.......if youre talking about the battle for second.....vacanti is far and above the supreme talent of nebraska....with denson and mccoy at his right and left sides
Rookie
the state of Nevada used to do this a few years back but have sinced dropped it. there are only 4 classes in nevada so they took each classes champ and runner up for an 8 man bracket, ran it the week after the regular tournament and called it SuperState. More than a few times some of the small class kids took it to the big class kids. Don't know why they dropped it but it was fun to watch.
Rookie
Picture of basketballer4lyfe
Andy is good, but why wrestle kidz who everyone knows are gunna lose? That's like trying to make fun of tham, an that is not cooljust because Pokorny is really good!

be aggressive...
think of how hard u want it...
aim 4 the basket, let it go....
stay on top of your game....
don't make yourself out as a punk..
remember... girlz have game 2!!!
Rookie
Why does a basketball player know so much about wrestling?