Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Rumor on Oliver
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Rumor on Oliver Login/Join

<Guest>
posted   Report This Post  
One day Oliver might wrestle Mason when OSU wrestles NU! Bet you never thought of that.
Rookie
AIM: Online Status For pintowin2
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
For the record oliver got his 100th win in the finals of the Ekfelt tournament over Verplank, but if oliver is running, which I highly doubt, so what! He can and will beat anyone in the state.
Rookie
Man, that's some accomplishment, saying he can beat everybody in Nebraska...Oliver hopefully doesn't become what many other four-time state champs throughout the state and the nation turn into, which is a big disappointment for their college teams. There is a small perentage of these very successful wrestlers that ever make it in college.

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle."
Psalms 144:1
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Seems the fine folks at Stanford are pretty happy with the four-time undefeated champ they got from Nebraska. And I'm sure Iowa Central was happy to see the second one wearing their singlet when he won the juco national title last year.

It is interesting, though, the college track record of kids who have 4-timed in Nebraska. And it will be the subject of a future story in NWI.
Rookie
I am in no way saying that there aren't successful college wrestlers that were four-timers, but I really believe that they have a harder time adjusting to college wrestling, b/c they're not used to getting beat...I think it wears on an athlete's mind when he was a legend in high school, but now he's at the bottom of the totem pole. Even when Kansas 4x champions come to mind, there aren't very many who have succeeded. If you remember Billy Gabel who wrestled for Nebraska before transferring to OK St., he was a 4xer that never panned out, I could name several in Nebraska, but I would never take away anything from their high school career...I am curious to see what angle you take on this, it's kind of a sensitive subject with many former standouts

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle."
Psalms 144:1
<Vinny>
Over the past eight yr.s I,ve seen Chris wrestle in Tulsa Ntl.s Kids Ntl.s,Northern plains reg. and most recently the rocky mountain regionals.I've seen Chris get it handed to him and I've seen him beat some very talented wrestlers.I have my doubts about him as a college wrest. only because he has never been tested at the high sc. level and dont know how he will be able to handle being taken down and rode out for whole periods.As for on his feet,during the freesyle part of the tourney in wy. I saw him getting it put on him for about 4 min. of the match by a monster only to come back from 5 or 6 points down to totally dominate and win by about 5 and rough the kid up pretty good.Does any of this matter,hell no,he's gonna still go to N.U. Does it matter that his dad protects his unbeaten record?who cares,It's been fun watching him.Good luck C.O,how many guys have a reume like yours.
<Guest>
NWI

I can't wait to see your hard hitting article on the "four-time flops". It will be a tough one for you to write, not much fluff in that topic.

As for C.O., I find it hard to believe he couldn't have taken the ACT at another time. It looks like ducking, no matter which way you slice it.
<est>
this is stupid hes going to the iowa tourney i was on here erarlier and heard this and i seen his father and he said chris thought about goin to the south but hes wrestling in iowa
<Guest>
How can he possibly go to the CB tournament? He's taking his ACT, remember?
<est>
well his dad said he's goin to the tourney

Hus
Junior Varsity
Picture of Dru
There are 3 test dates throughout the school year in which you can take the ACT on. I think those three dates are the same for every school. I know that it is like that here and in other schools around the area. I think that is the main reason why quite a few invites are on Friday this week.
Novice
Picture of cubbie
oliver's coach probably just wanted him to try something else
<westboy>
you people have nothing better to do then sit here and write b.s. about chris. what is he 100-0, and you will never hear him brag about it. I have wrestled chris twice, and i hate losing, but when i wrestled him it was a great match, and when i lost he said nothing but complementing(i can't spell) things about the match. The point is that oliver is a very nice kid who never runs his mouth about anything, even though he very well could. Hes not trying to run form mason or anybody for that matter. if he has to take the act then let him do it. i wish him the best of luck in the future,and You other people need to get off his back!!
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
Make it 103-0 for Chris Oliver; who wrestled in Iowa and had first period pins against everyone he wrestled ... including the Lewis Central's Dane Petersen who is ranked 4th in class 3-A in Iowa.

Chris Oliver is and always has been a class kid; can't believe people are taking shots at him.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Not only did he beat Peterson he made sure that kid never wanted to step on the mat with him again. I believe they stopped the match 2 or 3 times because Peterson was hurt. The poor kid was still sitting over in the stands with his singlet on an hour later wondering what hit him. I would just say this-I think we would all love to see Chris wrestle in more tournaments like this and compete in Fargo and Cleveland. Hopefully Ray will encourage him to wrestle at senior nationals.
<Guest>
That's pretty low that your making fun of a kid for being injured. If you watched Peterson's semifinal with leitchti you would of saw that he took lots of injury time holding his shoulder. Then in the finals Oliver was winning 2-0 then slammed him and Peterson was rolling around the mat in pain. He didn't even show up to the awards stand so I hope his injury isn't to serious.
<Guest>
Heard today that Peterson is done for the season.