Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Meeks backs out on comittment to NE

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Meeks backs out on comittment to NE Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of abcoach
posted   Report This Post  
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Little confussed by the comments his dad made at the end of the article... sounds like he has already made up his mind.
State Qualifier
Makes signing Gillman even more important for NU and their weakness in the lighter weights over the past few years.
Novice
After the warm welcome the Nebraska fans gave Gilman at the State Tournament, why would he want to wrestle for those same people?
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by letsgo:
After the warm welcome the Nebraska fans gave Gilman at the State Tournament, why would he want to wrestle for those same people?

Last time I checked, you don't wrestle for the fans.
Novice
Your right, my bad. You wrestle for a team that represents a State that people within that State boo you and throw stuff at your family. The very moderator of this forum from our fine state bashes the kid after districts. I look forward to watching him in college regardless of where he goes! My opinion, he deserves a fan base that will appreciate him, NE fans dont! I realize some on this board do and I'm sure AD you didn't boo him, but thousands did at the quest, people threw stuff at his family wrote nasty stuff on beach balls that his family saw, I was sitting right there.
I hope the best for him where ever he goes!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: letsgo,
Junior High
letsgo, don't lump us all in there!
I know there are many who were throwing him under the bus, but I would venture there were just as many defending him. Maybe not publicly, but in some capacity.
I appreciate him and most of the people I consort with do as well.
Rookie
He will be in a Hawkeye singlet. You can count on it!
Junior High
That's what I'm afraid of.
Rookie
And more importantly I am hopeful he will be wearing a USA singlet in the not so distant future.