Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    winside results?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
winside results? Login/Join

<just a fan>
posted   Report This Post  
does anybody have any results?
<Guest>
winside beat howells in the team race but howells had their 152 pounder out cause he was sick and chad brester didnt wrestle the semis or anything after that cause he hurt his eye
<525>
wanting results...especially 125 and 130
<Guest>
any other results
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Winside 186
Howells 172
Ainsworth 112
Randolph 107.5
Osmond 104.5
Newman Grove 71
Oakland Craig 53
Millard North JV 48
Crofton 40.5
Winside JV 15
Battle Creek 8
Team JV 3
Laurel Concord 0

Felber NG pinned Bartling How'
Robinson Rand 11-1 Leicy Winside
Quinn Ain pin Stark MNJV
Barting How pinned Rohde Rand
Thies Win 6-4 Dennis Osm
Hoyt Ain pin Wallin NG
Jacobsen OC 2-0 OT Sok Win
Vance MNJV 4-2 Conn Crof
Hoover Ain 14-4 Brummels Win
Staub WJV 8-3 Dostal How
Gubbels Rand 3-2 Brummels Wins
Dostal How (Don't have the score) Jacobi Osm
Schumacher Rand 8-4 Stone NG
Van Fleet Osm 10-6 Bowers Win
Whalen Ran pin Morris Win
Vaughn MNJV pinn Leifeld NG
Bowers Win 5-2 Dailey Ain
Nelson Crof 9-2 Dirkschnieder
Holdorf Win pin Vinson Osm
Schroeder How pin Olson Ran
Brester How pin Friedrich Osm
Feller Ain pin Climer OC
Bazata How 9-4 Schernikau OC
Schmit Osm 12-2 Burnheide HowJV
Bayer How 19-6 Roberts Win
Friedrich Osm pin Simnson Ain
Bazata How pin Lange Win
Keifer Rand pin Magorian Crof

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Thanks a lot Coach Schumacher. Looked at this tourney on paper and it appears it lived up to billing, had to be a great day of excellent matches in Winside.

Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
Some great matches took place here. Were exciting to watch and be part of.
Have to reiterate what has been said many times on Huskermat, Winside and Howells are two of the best teams out there regardless of class. Howells has the big weights covered. Would be a great dual to watch if both were at full strength.
They were not the only good teams there though. Ainsworth has some kids who are going to produce points for them and get to state. We have a hard time judgeing them on paper because we do not see them until Winside and have no common opponent. Their kids know how to get it done and are well coached. Osmond is another team that will score well at districts and state. We see them through little kids, jr high, and camps but they step it up in high school for their coach. Larry McKinna has got some kids who can wrestle with the best out there.
Want to say thank you to the Winside staff and fans. You put on a good meet even though you give crap to coaches who can't stay in their seat very well and make great doors.
<Down in omaha>
how did the gubbles and brummels match go. Was it down to the wire like previous matches. i know the score was 3-2 gubble, but how did it end up like that.
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
Had a young ref. wouldn't of wanted to have been in his shoes for this match with all their other matches being close. He did a good job (do all coaches think this when their kid wins?). Both teams fans questioned his calls but this happens in good matches.
Was 0-0 into 3rd, both wrestlers had been warned for stalling. Casey went down. Got an escape and a take down. Rode Bo for part of the 3rd. Casey got a stall call on edge, 2nd, Bo got a point. Bo got an escape and a dog fight went from there. Love watching these two wrestle, but wish we didn't have to try this again next week.
<Guest>
where was chad brester at was he hurt or wat?
Rookie
Picture of Cschumacher
Scratched his eye. Had some bleeding. Not sure what happened to it or how bad. His coach felt concerned enough to hold him out of the remainer of the meet.
Here is one for Bob Colgate. Kid is hurt, had a trainer on site. Held kid out. Think he would of wrestled (knowing how tough he is). Following what Bob said this would be counted as a loss. Should he take the loss on his record? My feelings are no. I wouldn't count it as a loss.
<bo and casey fan>
coach where will you two meet up next week?
<Guest>
at battle creek invite
<Guest>
chad brester left and went to the doctor and did come back to the tournament with a patch on his eye. dont know how bad it is. kai konicek 152 was home sick running a high fever i was told they said he came in to the school and was told to go home he really looked bad. hope chad and kai are both better for next week
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
Totally agree with you Coach, it shouldn't be a loss. He never wrestled and therefore there was no match to have an outcome....no loss.

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.
Rookie
Don't know if this helps the discussion on defaulting/forfeiting a match in a tournament or not.
An official from the Wisner-Pilger Inv. told me that because of the 5 match limitiation, my kids opponet couldn't wrestle and therefore my kid won by default. My kid EARNS a win on his record and the kid who had to default DOESN'T have to count the loss. The win ISN'T a head to head win though (seeding purposes) it's just like an open win in a dual.
Not sure if that helps the discussion on forfeiting.
Rookie
Where was Newman Grove's Derrick Guthard @ 103? I see Seth Felber from NG finished 1st. Did he beat Guthard for the spot?
<Guest>
Guthard was sick.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Is that the first tournament Hoover from Ainsworth has wrestled in this year? Pretty impressive win beating another good freshman.
<dru>
HB, Hoover wrestled at Valentine. He did not place.