Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Off the Wrestling Subject....

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Off the Wrestling Subject.... Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
But a good reminder of what we celebrate(d) this weekend.

http://64.177.83.63/liberty/email.htm

RR

[This message was edited by Red Rocker on July 05, 2003 at 11:36 PM.]
Rookie
Picture of The Fighting Squirrel
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
we should also take a little time if you haven't already to say a little thank you to all the service men and women who couldn't be home with their families to celerbrate the 4th. they are giving a lot .some gave it all and didn't get to see the 4th.

Earl Mortensen Wink

Wrestling is not just a sport it is a life.

just my thoughts
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I watched that and was brought back to that fateful day when the towers burned and collapsed. It's a day I know I'll never forget and can still vividly recall where I was and what I was doing the morning it happened.

I know that I have a new appreciation for being a patriotic American citizen after the events of 9-11, and while I certainly am behind the First Amendment rights of every citizen, those who cast dissension against our nation's armed forces had better be prepared for some serious smackdown.

What happened on that day was a declaration of war, plain and simple. And as far as I'm concerned, anybody who wants to pee in the tall grass with the big dogs had better be prepared for a fight once you call us off the porch.

Our nation was prostituted by Bill Clinton and his ilk, and 9-11 was the end result of that philandering. Now we need to get our groove back, and I think those of us who know ANYTHING about the cost of freedom understand that there will be some sacrifices of life in order to see to it that those who would destroy our way of life are given their comeuppance.

I believe it was Alice Cooper who said it best when he said, "No More Mr. Nice Guy." President Bush said that in the battle against terrorism, you were either for us or against us. I'm rambling here, so let me close by saying thanks for the link, Rocker...it put a fresh vibe on that ugly moment in American history.
<shumom>
quote:
Originally posted by Red Rocker:
But a good reminder of what we celebrate(d) this weekend.

http://64.177.83.63/liberty/email.htm

RR

[This message was edited by Red Rocker on July 05, 2003 at 11:36 PM.]
Strong message + much needed reminder to all...Link forwarded to all in address list,and knowing they will too. thank you.

Glad you all liked it. Was a little hesitant to post it but decided we all could use a reminder of what it means to be an American and what our men and women around the world are fighting for.

I actually got the link from another message board I check now and again and one of the posters there replied:

"Should be required viewing - daily.
Our goal should not be to heal. It needs to remain a raw, open, gaping wound."

I would tend to agree!

RR
<Matt Ford>
thank you that was a real good clip. unfortunately some people in this country have forgotten many things. one little thing that comes to mind with that thought was a poem i read at a memorial day gathering at the end it read something like
......for its the soldier who lives for the flag
fights for the flag
dies for the flag
and is burried under the flag
that gives you the right to burn the flag
but anyway thanks for the link
Novice
Just got around to checking out the link. Thanks I was moved.

quote:
Originally posted by matt ford:

......for its the soldier who lives for the flag
fights for the flag
dies for the flag
and is burried under the flag
that gives you the right to burn the flag

Now that is a quote to reflect on.

Thanks Matt

RR