Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Best Wrestler in Nebraska
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Best Wrestler in Nebraska Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
I feel that Andy Pokorny of Bennington is the best wrestler in Nebraska
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
McCoy

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Rookie
Picture of chapow1
I'm gonna go out on a limb & say Brad Vering.

Bwahaha
Rookie
Picture of RJS
Kastler
Varsity Letterman
Picture of LCmatgurl
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
Chris Oliver....Brett Allgood...you have to put them up there...unless you mean right now.

One Team, Can't Be Beat, Won't Be Beat. 2/21/09
Rookie
I think that Andy Pokorny is good, but he not tha best! I don't think best is catergorized on how many matches u win or lose! It should be based on how hard u try an how much u stick 2 it! If I was a wrestler, than I would just wanna try my hardest an get recognized! U feel ,me? Well i guess u do, but if ya don't it's all good!!! Mike Craven is trult good, an DeVaughn is coo 2! I admire both them boyz, cuz they fulla good potential!!!

tha 1 an only!
don't trust no1
Rookie
What about Vacanti? He lost one match this year. I dont know about the rest of you but one loss for your high school career isnt bad. I think overall talent goes to McCoy though.
Novice
I am talking about currently
Rookie
Currently, I think its McCoy but come the end of the season I think we'll all agree on Vacanti. (most of us at least)
Rookie
Picture of Hodgen
i agree Vacanti is still #1 he only has one loss in high school. how many does McCoy have?

So many of our Dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we Summon the Will they seem inevitable!-- Christopher Reeves
BrEtT
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
This year it is Vacanti then McCoy

and maybe Jake Smith or Andy Pokorny

World Champion
Picture of HB
Jeremy may have two losses in HS but they were to a kid two years older who he went 2-2 against in his career and that placed 7th at senior nationals. Also McCoy could have went 130 that year but he chose to wrestle Cash. Not saying who is better but McCoy's losses are not that bad.
Rookie
I would have to agree with maddog. Andy Pokorny is the best wrestler in the state. You cant count his losses his freshman year cause he was 20 lb under everyone else. He still had almost 30 wins that year giving up all that weight. Since he got up to weight he has been nearly untouched. Have Vacanti and McCoy go up 20 + lbs and see how they would do. Watching Pokorny wrestle is a treat his technique is far superior to anyone else out there even Vacanti and McCoy. His motor never stops and his attacking is relentless.
Novice
Thank you granby
Rookie
joe janovich
Rookie
Picture of kmd314
Janovich? either someone is a little bias or don't watch a lot of wrestling. He's good, but I don't think he's the best
Rookie
i gotta give it to kasey kohl
Rookie
Picture of ATOWN BRONX
brandon brill

peace up ATOWN down
Junior High
I don't want to sound like I'm slighting Pokorny, because he's very tough. To respond to the argument about going up in weight, I personally think that although giving up weight is tough to do. It's not as pronounced at 103/112 as say 130/135. Kids simply aren't as developed (more frosh/sophs as opposed to upperclassmen). A wrestler with great technique who is giving up weight is going to be able to 'outslick' more guys @ 103/112 than a kid weighing 125 wrestling up to 135 IMO. That being said I feel like the best right now is McCoy then Vacanti, then Pokorny. Although it's a pretty blurry line.
NCAA Champion
We could argue this till the cows come home....you know why? Cause they are all at different weights. Wrestling styles are different as you go up in weight classes. Therefore you can't really compare one with another and say..."he is the best wrestler"

Could McCoy beat Vacanti? Maybe or maybe not...it really makes no difference. Do you really think Vacanti is down to his true wrestling weight? No way. He's wrestling a weight that he's comfortable at without cutting a ton. He'll do plenty of cutting while he's in college.

All three are the best wrestlers at their weight in the state...that's really as far as you can take it.