Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    GICC Invite
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
GICC Invite Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hervert will be back and win 130 this week

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
2 excellent brackets to watch at GICC

152 Hultman Adams Central
Karpisek Aquinas
Johnson 2D Elkhorn Valley
Wilson Harvard/Clay Center
Harrington 5C GICC
Seger 2B O'Neill
Novotny 4C Ord
Godsey Smith Center, KS
Beatty Kearney
Sanchez Grand Island

160 Schmidt Adams Central
Daro 1D Aquinas
Kelly 1C GICC
Watson 3B O'Neill
Bandur Ord
Nichols 3rd Smith Center, KS
Burmood Kearney
Tatro Grand Island

Rookie
How did 152 and 160 turn out???

Full results on NWI.

Congratulations to Brent Novotny for achieving his 100th career win and congratulations to Devon Kastler for tying the Ord record for career wins (tied with big brother for the time being Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin).

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Rookie
I'm not completely sure but I could have sworn that Like Coufal got beat in the 171 finals by the kid from Smith Center, Ks. but then they announced him as first and the Smith Center wrestler as fourth??? I know they wrestled in the finals and I do know they raised the S/C wrestlers hand but I was watching the 189 lb finals with JOhnson H/CC beat the S/C wrestler. So could someone straighten me out, please.
Rookie
Did Johnson from Elkhorn Valley compete? If so, who beat him?

Coach Meyer

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Coufal did win 171, Hubbard was fourth. And yep, Johnson did win 189.

Johnson of EV did not wrestle.

quote:
Originally posted by stevej:
I'm not completely sure but I could have sworn that Like Coufal got beat in the 171 finals by the kid from Smith Center, Ks. but then they announced him as first and the Smith Center wrestler as fourth??? I know they wrestled in the finals and I do know they raised the S/C wrestlers hand but I was watching the 189 lb finals with JOhnson H/CC beat the S/C wrestler. So could someone straighten me out, please.

You're probably thinking of the match at 160 where Daro of DCA lost to Nichols of SCK 3-1. Would have been going right about the same time.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior Varsity
Actually Johnson was on deck after Andrew on the same mat, so they weren't wrestling at the same time. There was no one from Aquinas or Smith Center wrestling when Johnson was, so I have no idea who you were watching.
Rookie
Thank you, my son told me it was Daro/SCK wrestling before him.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
getting lost in this confusion is the fact that Johnson of HCC simply did away with #1 Kansas ranked Palmer of Smith Center! Johnson definitely earned some recognition yesterday not previously afforded him, its time.

Daro of Aquinas and Zavala of GICC put on a great match that obviously could have gone either way, Daro by 5-4 in 2OT.

Congrats to Tera Krotz of KHS, third place medal at 119. no idea why her opponent did not wrestle consolation finals?

One of many good matches to watch, Lonowski/Negley at 125 in semi's; you've all seen Negley for 4 years, keep your eye on Lonowski now. But for an early lead established by Negley, this match was basically even the rest of the way and very good, entertaining wrestling! In final Negley was down 5-0 early and close be being pinned by Rempe of Smith Center; kept his cool and then thoroughly tooke over the match and eventually pinned Rempe!

Smith Center team is very good despite some opens, anyone stepping on the mat with them needs to be prepared for his opponent to be more than ready and quite physical. However, I don't hesitate at all publicly criticize their low level of sportsmanship in general and one specifically! Its not arguable.

160 bracket was brutal; Daro over Kelly, Nichols over Watson, Watson over Schmidt and Kelly, Nichols over Daro in OT.

275 was fun to watch too, results exactly as seeded. Isom of O'Neill tried to throw the heavier Fiala of Aquinas in finals OT, it failed. Ord's Streeter lost an OT to Isom then Streeter he out a physical win by pin over Kort of Adams Central in cons. final.

Junior Varsity
I would like to note that Smith Center does nothing on top but try to ride and the wonderful referees let them do it all day long. Of course as bad as the refereeing was all day I would expect nothing less especially by two individuals. The 103 semi between Kranda and Trampe until a terrible call in OT ended it. Last time I checked scissoring the head and arm while you are getting pinned isn't a takedown. Hope there wasn't any hometown bias there by the referee. A bad call is one thing, but cheating is another. I thought the refereeing that I had saw this year at least was much improved but not this time. I did see some bad refereeing the week before at Red Cloud as well and what do you know it was one of the same guys at GICC.
Rookie
Picture of Agratefulsoldier
What was the deal with Skrdla not wrestling @ 119? Was he sick?

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." Theodore Roosevelt, France, 1910
Rookie
yea he was sick the kid who filled in for him said he has been sick the whole week
Rookie
Picture of ex_aquinas_wrestler
The 119 3/4 match Eick.DCA vs. Krotz. Eick.DCA couldn't wrestler that match b/c he couldn't wrestler a girl. It is a Catholic rule that we aren't suppose to wrestler girls.
Rookie
Picture of Loper
it is not a "Catholic" rule, rather it is a rule that the school chooses to follow, not the religion. however, eickmeier would have been allowed to wrestler her at districts or state.

"Show me a man that is thoroughly satisfied and I'll show you a failure."
Rookie
To say that a referee was cheating is totally uncalled for, in my opinion.
Novice
Tera, by the way, is 10-3 in her last 13 matches (and one of those losses is to Holden Barry)and has placed 3rd in her last 3 tournaments.

Congratulations to her!
Junior Varsity
I said I hoped he wasn't because that would bring it to a different level. If that is a takedown I guess I got screwed by a ref this summer and should have beat Justin Crouch because I had him in the same thing in OT.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by monarch_man:
I would like to note that Smith Center does nothing on top but try to ride and the wonderful referees let them do it all day long. Of course as bad as the refereeing was all day I would expect nothing less especially by two individuals. The 103 semi between Kranda and Trampe until a terrible call in OT ended it. Last time I checked scissoring the head and arm while you are getting pinned isn't a takedown. Hope there wasn't any hometown bias there by the referee. A bad call is one thing, but cheating is another. I thought the refereeing that I had saw this year at least was much improved but not this time. I did see some bad refereeing the week before at Red Cloud as well and what do you know it was one of the same guys at GICC.

Was told it was a takedown long before the call.

To have a "Coach" accuse or insinuate that a referee cheated is uncalled for. You would be wise to delete your post Roy.