Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    State Games?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
State Games? Login/Join

<Tumbler>
posted   Report This Post  
Please post any results from the tournament, Please. Thanks.

posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Gold Medal Winners only.

Wrestling

• Takedown 9-11 years: Tate Hayes, Falls City, 59; Justin Kelch, Dewitt, 65; Zach Nelson, Omaha, 72; Jake Johnson, Juniata, 77; Austin Wilson, Juniata, 84; Tre Sacks, Omaha, 93; Russ Volquardsen, Creighton, 99; Sheldon Garcia, Omaha, 110; Alan Taylor, Grand Island, 129; Ethan Steiger, Lincoln, 139.

• Scholastic 19 & over: Jeff Rutledge, Lincoln, 145; Chris Schweitzer, Omaha, 158; Marcus Hellwege, Lincoln, 166; Matthew Reinke, Lincoln, 168; Jordan Johnson, Chadron, 179; Jake Schluckebier, Chadron, 190; Derek Schmidt, Juniata, 201; Travis Remington, Omaha, 212; Rob Pilcher, Omaha, HWT.

• Greco-Roman 14-17 years: Andy Pokorny, Omaha, 78; Brock Smith, Gering, 108; Terrance Broadwell, Saronville, 122; Jay Sherer, Columbus, 131; Joey Morrison, Lincoln, 142; Brandon Kruger, Ames, 156; Craig Brester, Howells, 171; Casey Roberts, Lincoln, 189; Steven Bazata, Howells, 214.

• Scholastic 13-15 years: Andy Pokorny, Omaha, 85; Joel Torpy, Omaha, 95; Robert Eklund, Friend, 102; Daniel Rodriguez, Kearney, 107; Brock Smith, Gering, 111; Chad Brester, Howells, 117; Jay Sherer, Columbus, 126; Greg Garcia, Omaha, 134; Tyler Fraser, Ayr, 141; Justin Crouch, Elkhorn, 148; Jason Magill, Omaha, 160; Josh Marcum, Omaha, 168; Andrew Meyers, Lincoln, 183; Scott Bayer, Howells, 198; Brian Dimmick, Bellevue, 260; Steve Kaiser, Davey, 124.

• Freestyle 17 & over: Ryan Hinrichs, Seward, 148; Joey Morrison, Lincoln, 139; Marcus Hellwege, Lincoln, 159; Matthew Reinke, Lincoln, 168; Trent Leichleiter, Harvard, 179; Jake Schluckebier, Chadron, 189; Ryan Tonkin, Blair, 241; Michael Bayer, Howells, 215; Trevor Deruiter, Bellevue, 122.

• Scholastic 7-9 years: Dante Rodriguez, Kearney, 49; Tate Hayes, Falls City, 55; Eric Coufal, Howells, 60; Austyn Davis, Lincoln, 68; Chase Weiss, Elsie, 74; Trey Sebek, Hampton, 96; Tyler Silverstrand, Raymond, 102.

• Freestyle 11-13 years: Zachary Cottle, Arlington, 68; Austin Wilson, Juniata, 80; David Laughlin, Ashland, 85; Kevin Hagemann, Lincoln, 97; Dylan Laughlin, Ashland, 106; Erik Payne, Seward, 118; Morgan Denson, Omaha, 129.

• Greco-Roman 18 & Over: Ryan Hinrichs, Seward, 148; Marcus Hellwege, Lincoln, 159; Matthew Reinke, Lincoln, 168; Jordan Johnson, Chadron, 173; Jake Schluckebier, Chadron, 188; Rob Pilcher, Omaha, 209; Ryan Tonkin, Blair, 241.

• Takedown 15-17 years: Joe Torpy, Omaha, 103; Brock Smith, Gering, 113; Jay Sherer, Columbus, 126; Joey Morrison, Lincoln, 136; Brandon Kruger, Ames, 146; Eric Miller, Lincoln, 151; Caleb Skiles, Lincoln, 161; Craig Brester, Howells, 171; Levi Wofford, Aurora, 177; Casey Roberts, Lincoln, 187; Scott Bayer, Howells, 198; Steven Bazata, Howells, 241.

RR
<Superfly>
What were some good matches that got some attention?

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
<Guest>
Just a couple brackets that looked like they could have been interesting to watch:

At 146:
Jeff Rutledge-----1st
Brandon Kruger----2nd
Mitch Fiala-------3rd

At 148:
Eric Miller-------1st
Jon Branigen------2nd
Justin Crouch-----3rd

At 164:
Craig Brester-----1st
Andrew Reinke-----2nd
Ted Swanson-------3rd

And 173:
Miles Marshall----1st
JP Malcolm--------2nd
Weston Frahm------3rd
<Greco God>
The Outstanding Wrestler are up on the huskerland.org website.
<Shortsit>
That's great that Sherer got OW at the state games but why wasn't he in Fargo?
<Guest>
I guess the competition might have been easier at the games.
<Guest>
Anyone know how Miller won that bracket with crouch and Branigan in it? Branigan beat him 2 or 3 times if I remember right, and what's up with Crouch gettin 3rd? Anyone who was there any info would be much appreciated.

[This message was edited by Red Rocker on July 25, 2003 at 09:59 PM.]
<Guest>
Miller beat Branigan then beat Crouch in the finals. Branigan challenged Crouch for true second and won 3-2.
<Guest>
Wow Brester has gotten bigger! didnt he wrestle 140 @ state ?
<Guest>
Keith Foote of Millard West beat Miller and Branigan at the Nebraska Team camp. Beat Miller bad and had Branigan on his back in the first period of the Allstar dual. Foote went 11-0.
<Wiz Kid>
Greg Garcia gave Sherer everything he had and then some.Think he was even wrestling hurt,probably could have upset Sherer had he been 100%.Goodluck next year Greg hope your doing ok now.
<Guest>
Ya he's been havin a pretty good summer, how come he didn't wrestle state games?
<wresltling091>
keith foote of millard west had some awesome matches at the team camp that i saw. looking for great things out of him this february! look out 135
<Guest>
I was at that camp (I go to Pius), and i saw both matches. Miller got beat pretty bad(I think 8-2), and then in the All-Star dual Foote beat John like 8-4 or something. Not trying to take anything away from Keith or something like that but I have a couple friends that were there from LNE and they said Miller had been going hard the last month and was startin to burn out. And some of you might be like "Excuses excuses" but i'm just layin the facts out there. Talked to a couple of people and they say that during the last week of the UNL camp Eric beat a state champ from Kansas after he strained his groin in football the day before. Now thats shows some guts to me.
<Wildcat 04>
I believe this was the first time Foote stepped on the mat since January. He hurt his leg and was out the rest of the year.I know he went to his schools camp with Elkhorn and MS. He wanted to wrestle Denson but they kept Denson down with the light weights.
How do you win a tournament on the weekend and burn out in the same week before? I thought he beat Miller 12-4 and Branigan 9-5. This will be most likely the last they see each other if Foote drops to 135. Good luck to all of them.
<Burnsides>
Would not last with Denson. Denson is way more technical and has leverage. Foote didnt even last with Santone and I hear Denson gives him all he wants and more in their room. I think Denson will be in the 135-140 range next year. We will see if Foote can make it to the 3rd period.
<Wildcat04>
Let's hope we see it!

Coach Denson got a good look at Foote at camp!
I wonder if he thinks little "D" would take him out by the third period. I would like to hear his opinon?
<observer>
Foote and Santone wrestled two years ago, they split matches in overtime. At the Metro tour. Santone caught Foote with a Cow catcher and pinned him. He did the same to Josh Sheard the match before. To say he can't hang with him is a horrible statement. Foote is ten times better than he was as a sophmore. Santone has improved but not like Foote has.