Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Best 125 in State
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Best 125 in State Login/Join

Rookie
Picture of luigi
posted   Report This Post  

Question:
Who do you believe is the best 125lb wrestler in the state?

(If you have another please post)

Choices:
Perry Rucker, Louisville
Robert Daro, Aquinas
Brett Hunter, Rushville
Ryan Tillema, Neligh-Oakdale
John Hayek, Seward

<ted>
Rutledge is the best in the state.
<Guest>
You'll all be suprised at how good Andrew Chrisinger is when he gets to state I wouldn't say that he is the best in the state but he will give some of the kids at state a run for their money.
<DDog>
Hunter and Tillema will meet soon and so will Hayek and Rucker. ~
<DDog>
Both Hunter and Rucker will likely also wrestle Pickett before the year is up. Good weight class all over the state. What other great 125 matchups could there be in any class this year before state tournament?e
<billy>
dont forget about rotella from skutt
<Jason>
I would have to say Branigan from Papillion.
<jag>
I've got to say that Brett Hunter Is the best, Even though he might have rucker and he is going for his third straigt title, who better to upset him that brett hunter..... he wrestles telemma this weekend and i know he is a great wrestler but i'm placing my bets on hunter....
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
rutledge from East and McNeal from ON
<Pius X>
....should definitely be on that list. We will know more about him after the tournament at Grand Island this weekend too.
<Duff man>
Jeff Rutledge is the best 125 pounder in this state. I dont think too many people could give him a run for his money.
Rookie
Picture of luigi
Yes, I actually believe Rutledge should be on the list and branigan but i could only fit five on the poll.
<omaha>
He is the best ratings he is #1
<Gators175>
Rutledge would kill McNeal. End of story.
<omaha>
who has rutledge beat no body
<Gators175>
Wiemann 8-2, also teched Williams of GI and pinned him in 1:30. Williams is top 6 at 125.
State Qualifier
Jeff is very tough and will be tough to beat.The first and second period it looked like twins wrestling each other as they have very similar styles.Caught Josh late in second on a too slow granby and then put him on his back again in the third.Good job by Jeff,he is one of the best out there at 125.
<highcrotch>
I think that 125 is an extremely tough weight class this year. Many wrestlers are capable of being #1 on any given day. So many factors go into wrestling such as sickness, injury, state of mind, and even little things like being warm before stepping onto the mat. Cody McNeil and Josh Wiemann are among the many wrestlers that could be the best. Believe me, the 8-2 score is quite deceiving in my match against Wiemann. He is an extremely tough competitor. I'm glad that I was able to have that kind of match with a tough wrestler to better prepare myself for The Clash and Millard West Invite. Cody McNeil is also an amazingly tough wrestler. I have seen him wrestle many times and he has always been very impressive. I know this Parham from Westside also has a great shot as well. I have yet to see him wrestle but I have heard that he is the real deal. Basically I just wanted to say that many wrestlers have a shot at taking the title at 125. The fact is that we won't know until February 22, so it is a little useless to argue about it now.
<Dev>
Do you guys see Westside at any tournaments this next part of the season? I haven't heard any results from Westside other than the first tourney. Keep up the good work.
<Pius X>
I was an impartial observor of the match between Rutledge and Wieman in Grand Island on Saturday, and both are quality wrestlers that will have great seasons.

It is so refreshing to read positive comments like the ones posted by Wieman and Rutledge. Its impressive that wrestlers, coaches and parents can display such good sportmanship in the heat of battle. If only some of the "fans" of wrestling around the state had half the sense. So many of the comments on this board and even at meets bleed with arrogance and conceit, by people that truly must believe they know all there is to know about high school wrestling at every school in the state.

Thanks guys, and best of luck to both of these wrestlers.