Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Qwest isn't the right fit for D-1 Championships

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Qwest isn't the right fit for D-1 Championships Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
posted   Report This Post  
Has a fan of wrestling being down in St Louis for the d-1 wrestling championships got me thinking how in the hell would Omaha host this tournament. There was 16,000 fans there to watch the finals. The qwest will hold 14,000. I don't think there is anywhere for 16,000 fans to go in between sessions. I know this would save me and everyone else around Omaha money but I think Omaha needs to wait. How many hotels are around the qwest for fans to walk to.

For people that have been to the championships what is your take on Omaha hosting the event?
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
There a quite a few hotels in Omaha, Park Plaza Regency Lodge
Quality Inn Central
Econo Lodge
Doubletree Hotel
Hawthorn Suites Omaha
Days Hotel Carlisle
Doubletree Guest Suites
Best Western Settle Inn
Omaha Executive Inn & Suites
Clarion Hotel West
Baymont Inn & Suites Omaha

I actually have a tottaly different opinion than you osucowboys, i have been to the D1 championships, and is St. Louis in the center of The U.S.A., just think there is nebraska which will love it being in Nebraska cause home turf and not that far away, but some of the dominant shcools like the Iowa school and the midwest schools it will be closer for them, and i know it only holds 14,000 people and i don't know what you are talking about where will people go in between sessions, i have been to the quest center about 20 or 25 times for many different events and i think there is plenty of room for those events, ok osucowboys, if you don't like the D1 championships in St. Louis then where else would you want it, i mean where else where would it be value city arena in Ohio St., that holds over 19,000 seat, or the Comcast arena in Maryland that hold a little under 18,000 people, there are many more sucj as the Staples Center or something.

The Stat Boy

Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
I loved it in St Louis. I think Omaha needs to wait a few more years before bidding. Like in St Louis between sessions most people head down the the Union Station. Is there any where downtown to hold that many people to eat and look around wrestling booths. Omaha needs to clean up around the qwest. Omaha would be a great fit for 2010 or later

From Seskers article on March 11th.

quote:
Omaha bid only on the years from 2009 to 2011 since it already has landed an NCAA men's basketball regional in 2008.

Looks like they're thinking the same thing OSU!!

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER