Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    SUMMIT MEETING III

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
SUMMIT MEETING III Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Report This Post  
The third wrestling summit meeting will be held Friday at the Bob Devaney Sports Center starting around 5 pm. There is another event going on at the BDSC at that time, so the meeting will be held in one of two venues...the press room or the wrestling room. It is suggested that you get to the venue that afternoon for the UNL clinic, which will start around 1-1:30 that afternoon.
<Awl Who>
Who has called the summit III meeting?
Who is going to be there?
Who is invited?
What is the topic of discussion?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
* Who has called the summit III meeting?

The summit meetings started this summer as an opportunity for some of the people involved in the sport to get together and kind of bring everything in one place to try and get us all on the same page.

* Who is going to be there?

Anybody and everybody with an interest in the sport, including coaches, administrators and media (well, I'LL be there...don't know if Stu can make it).

* Who is invited?

Anybody with an interest in the sport.

* What is the topic of discussion?

There are a variety of topics, including an all-inclusive statewide calendar and other topics.
<grapplinman>
There are many of us who are interested in the growth of wrestling throughout our state and as a state. The Summit Series is and has been a great way for all of us to come together to form a plan for our state. Issues that loom huge for everone are: State Calendar, Funding of Off Season Events, Promotion and development of National Level Teams and Events, Cooperative efforts on behalf of AAU, USA, and Huskerland, Insurance, Training Centers, Coaching...... Do I need to add any more. So far the Summits have lead to some very positive growth in understanding about our needs. It has also fostered dialogue which will lead to some form and function for wrestling in our future. I would suggest that you attend if you are interested!

If we get McCann Fan there, it will be the icing on the CAKE

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Hope your meeting went well.
Rookie
Picture of St.Nick
How did this go? can we bring it back? This sounds like whats been talked about all summer.
Novice
Grapplinman there will be no icing on the cake. My daughter plays at UNK Friday night at 7:00. I will be at the clinic but will need to be on the road for Kearney by 5:00.
Rookie
Picture of grapplinman
Hey McCann Fan...the grapplinman post wasn't me. My responses will always be with my friend Winston attached as you can see. Anyway, I am not sure I can make it. I might already have a previous engagement.
State Qualifier
Are you guys just playin or did you see when the top 5 post were made 2002

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
coach, just to be sure you guys noticed, your imposter made that post 3 years ago.

Rookie
Picture of St.Nick
Guys did not want to alarm any one just trying to find out what happend at these meetings since this has already been tried how did it work.

(I was going through the old posts and stummbled on this one.)